ERPO Response from my Representative

Doyou think the response is fair and balanced?

• Total voters
This kinda reminds me of that other ill fated campaign "Healy hates families" though I can't remember what level of involvement GOAL had in that...

This kinda reminds me of that other ill fated campaign "Healy hates families" though I can't remember what level of involvement GOAL had in that...
Yeah, that was a GOAL campaign about Healey's 7/20 AW ban. Also gobbeldygook from a comms perspective, although that was presented as a fait accompli, so we can't blame them for what happened.

Stop blaming GOAL, its a weak excuse. It's well documented how a vast majority of gun owners in this state take no interest in defending 2A by means of membership to organizations like GOAL. We blame GOAL for how they deliver the message but when R's vote in favor of this non-sense we excuse it in the name of live to fight another day. We are on the wrong side of a numbers battle.

Boston - Clearly your an intelligent guy who pays attention to the details with this stuff. Why not get involved? And no I am not being sarcastic.

Stop blaming GOAL, its a weak excuse. It's well documented how a vast majority of gun owners in this state take no interest in defending 2A by means of membership to organizations like GOAL. We blame GOAL for how they deliver the message but when R's vote in favor of this non-sense we excuse it in the name of live to fight another day. We are on the wrong side of a numbers battle.

Boston - Clearly your an intelligent guy who pays attention to the details with this stuff. Why not get involved? And no I am not being sarcastic.

I suppose I'd lay much of the blame for the low membership numbers at GOAL's door, for preaching to the choir rather than finding a message that will appeal to more MA gun owners.

I called my state senator about ERPO, my district's House seat is vacant, other than that I'm not really sure how I'd get involved.

I suppose I'd lay much of the blame for the low membership numbers at GOAL's door, for preaching to the choir rather than finding a message that will appeal to more MA gun owners.

I called my state senator about ERPO, my district's House seat is vacant, other than that I'm not really sure how I'd get involved.

In my experience being around gun people. They don't care enough to join organizations like the NRA, GOAL and COMM2A because the average Joe Blow gun owner like my BIL (who is also as cheap as they come)bought the cheapest handgun he could find at the time for home defense and a few hundred rounds of ammo. Only time I have seen or heard about him actually shooting it was a few days after he purchased it at the range (of which he is not a member nor will he ever join). He doesn't belong to a club and politically speaking 2A isn't important to him. Another one of my friends belongs to multiple organizations likes me and aligns with me politically on 2A issues etc. The third is an avid collector has at least 2 of everything you have ever heard of etc. but also has FUDD in him.

2A isn't viewed as a right in MA it is viewed as privilege and I think that is the underlying problem, even among gun owners.

Last edited:

start your own Mass. equivalent of GOAL. obviously from your posts you know how to do it better than them

In my experience being around gun people. They don't care enough to join organizations like the NRA, GOAL and COMM2A because the average Joe Blow gun owner like my BIL (who is also as cheap as they come)bought the cheapest handgun he could find at the time for home defense and a few hundred rounds of ammo. Only time I have seen or heard about him actually shooting it was a few days after he purchased it at the range (of which he is not a member nor will he ever join). He doesn't belong to a club and politically speaking 2A isn't important to him. Another one of my friends belongs to multiple organizations likes me and aligns with me politically on 2A issues etc. The third is an avid collector has at least 2 of everything you have ever heard of etc. but also has FUDD in him.

2A isn't viewed as a right in MA it is viewed as privilege and I think that is the underlying problem, even among gun owners.
All good points, and I agree. I guess the point I would make is, lots of the "2A is a privilege" people are actually open to persuasion, both in the importance of gun rights and on any particular bill/issue. You just can't reach them if you're not making the right arguments.

The field's rather crowded. Both Republicans are very strong on 2A, and the most well-known three (of five) Democrats are moderates who have called for Judge Feely's impeachment.

So I think I'll have some good choices in the Fall.

You just don't get it. It's a numbers game. The politicians don't care unless there are votes behind it, and as you know, very few of the gun owners in MA are GOAL members.

You want to do something about it? Get more people to join. If every gun owner in MA was a GOAL member the politicians would be listening.

Here's a start, go to you club and get the membership requirements changed so that ALL members must be GOAL members. There was time when clubs required NRA membership, maybe some still do, but now they need to require GOAL membership.

Get GOAL the numbers, then if they still can't get results you can start a revolution.

Back
Top Bottom