• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ERPO: do you trust your liberal family and associates

About a year and a half ago I lost a job (contract/temp) on what I think was based on me being a perceived threat. Was there 2.5 years and was all but the engineering manager. I hired a guy that turned out to be a total pu$$y (at 50+ years old). My new boss was from MA/California and let me go while I was on vacation( only found out as my email on my phone was dead). All I got was I made people afraid. Yet, I never brought a gun into work. Never threatened anyone etc.

They let him go 2-3 weeks later and I heard my boss all but admitted it was a mistake. Yet the damage is done.

Don’t let the enemy know...

I still have no solid answers, but the people who got me that job won’t place me again.

So yeah, STFU.

About a year and a half ago I lost a job (contract/temp) on what I think was based on me being a perceived threat. Was there 2.5 years and was all but the engineering manager. I hired a guy that turned out to be a total pu$$y (at 50+ years old). My new boss was from MA/California and let me go while I was on vacation( only found out as my email on my phone was dead). All I got was I made people afraid. Yet, I never brought a gun into work. Never threatened anyone etc.

They let him go 2-3 weeks later and I heard my boss all but admitted it was a mistake. Yet the damage is done.

I still have no solid answers, but the people who got me that job won’t place me again.

So yeah, STFU.
won a good case against an agency who did the same thing. the labor board backed me and said it was good since they had complaints before. these places plan on you just getting mad and go away; i didn't and got a good chunk of back pay from them: were they pissed. the agency: " you did that to us after we gave you a job". Me: " yes, you tried to screw me am i supposed to be flattered". paid for that $$$$ vacation for me and future wife.

Last edited:
So, I have been building a house in rural Colorado and just moved here. Nice to be reminded why I left Mass. When I was back there, I almost never talked about owning guns. Here, I put in a large closet that's designated as my "gun room". Bought two large metal storage lockers to hold my assorted rifles and pistols which the guys building my house helped me install, so everyone immediately knew I owned a bunch of guns.

However, back here almost everyone owns guns and hunts. The fact that I firearms and actually know a little about them has helped me get to know people and dissipate some of the suspicions everyone has about the fact that I'm coming from Massachusetts. However, I do still catch a bunch of flak for being a Patriots fan.:)

We all watched the impeachment vote and explained to the girls that if such bullshit can be inflicted on a powerful man like Trump, it can be inflicted on anyone.
This really puts things in perspective.

I'm not worried about the ERPO. I try to keep my mouth shut at work and only talk about our issues with like minded people. My oldest sister and my stepmother are total PITA Nazi's. My father believes everything he sees on the news and thinks that no one needs a hi capacity machine gun and they should be banned. I've tried to explain everything to him several times, but then he must watch the news again or something. I think his clutch is slipping.

[ a whole lot of the inside of my head deleted ]

When I "came out of the gun safe" after Orlando/Pulse, the reaction I got from "antis" on social media was so negative that I immediately regretted the choice to do so. I learned to say nothin' to nobody who isn't "confirmed friendly".

As it is, I can't do anything about the number and kind of people who now know I have guns, but (1) I would hope their knowledge of me as a peaceable person would overcome their stereotype of gun owners as a class as mentally unstable and potentially violent and (2) I am very careful not to utter anything, in even the most joking or hyperbolic fashion, that could be misconstrued or taken out of context as a threat.

Beyond that, I can't do a damned thing, so it's not worth worrying about.

Last edited:
One thing which makes everything worse now is media/msm/TDS has gone overdrive, and they have actually succeeded in breeding a culture of hate in a segment of the population towards anyone else that doesn't agree with their bullshit, it's getting to a witch trial like hysteria.... don't dare have a mixed or different opinion anymore, verboten!!!

One thing which makes everything worse now is media/msm/TDS has gone overdrive, and they have actually succeeded in breeding a culture of hate in a segment of the population towards anyone else that doesn't agree with their bullshit, it's getting to a witch trial like hysteria.... don't dare have a mixed or different opinion anymore, verboten!!!

Yeah. They're creating what's known as a "deviancy amplification spiral".

When I go to the in-laws, I usually bring some brass and my hand primer. Better than looking at their mugs

When they ask how I'm doing, I'll respond with impeachy!

Last edited:
While I understand it, it's still discomforting and sad to read some of the comments in this thread, especially when it involves not only a constitutional right but a natural, God-given right. The LGBT community didn't get where they are by staying in the closet.

While I understand it, it's still discomforting and sad to read some of the comments in this thread, especially when it involves not only a constitutional right but a natural, God-given right. The LGBT community didn't get where they are by staying in the closet.

Billionaire money makes 99% of everything happen. The Left is a bunch of sheep led by hirelings into the abyss, and the LGBT is the abyss.

Billionaire money makes 99% of everything happen. The Left is a bunch of sheep led by hirelings into the abyss, and the LGBT is the abyss.

Any reference to an abyss wasn't my point when making the analogy between the LGBT community and gun owners fighting for their rights. The Left has forced gun owners into the closet to the point where we are scared stiff over the ERPO laws. Thus, we are losing by remaining quiet.

Any reference to an abyss wasn't my point when making the analogy between the LGBT community and gun owners fighting for their rights. The Left has forced gun owners into the closet to the point where we are scared stiff over the ERPO laws. Thus, we are losing by remaining quiet.

Actually the Republican leaders have happily gone along with the Left, and even led the way in some instances, such as the Bump Stock Ban and even the Federal push for Red Flag Laws (see Trump in both instances). They had the House and Senate locked for two years, and it was only after the Dems got the House through cheating that the Repups could pass the blame and started with the gun control again.

One of the most troubling things is knowing a family member so far gone in their Leftist thinking who, in my estimated guess, would not think twice about taking up a rifle against us on the Right - regardless of familial ties.

These people are delusional and have sacrificed any semblance of a blood relative to become a brainless follower of Leftist Propaganda.

One would think being a descendant of those who started the 14th of June Movement in DR would have been a lesson in itself to oppose embracing tyranny.

One of the most troubling things is knowing a family member so far gone in their Leftist thinking who, in my estimated guess, would not think twice about taking up a rifle against us on the Right - regardless of familial ties.

These people are delusional and have sacrificed any semblance of a blood relative to become a brainless follower of Leftist Propaganda.

One would think being a descendant of those who started the 14th of June Movement in DR would have been a lesson in itself to oppose embracing tyranny.
Cuz free goodies now. [thinking]

So yeah, STFU.
Happened to a friend. Got his nuclear access clearance yanked and his employer, Wackenhut, fired him from his armed security position on its federal contract installation. Cost him his future career in law enforcement as well. His ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend felt "threatened" by him and went to court. The rest is history. His career got torpedoed and sunk.

I don't trust the school system. I am concerned that someday my son will innocently talk about target shooting and the school will order an ERPO on me.

I'm hoping there's some type of legal letter I could send the town giving them notice not to ERPO me if my son innocently talks about exercising civil rights regarding firearms.
Your letter to the town would not be worth the used toilet paper your family's cat crapped on. If anything, I would raise eyebrows and focus attention on you. Do what we did: tell your kids to keep their pieholes shut at school. Focus on the lessons and refuse to answer questions about family and personal matters.

I don't trust the school system. I am concerned that someday my son will innocently talk about target shooting and the school will order an ERPO on me.

I'm hoping there's some type of legal letter I could send the town giving them notice not to ERPO me if my son innocently talks about exercising civil rights regarding firearms.
Home school.

Happened to a friend. Got his nuclear access clearance yanked and his employer, Wackenhut, fired him from his armed security position on its federal contract installation. Cost him his future career in law enforcement as well. His ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend felt "threatened" by him and went to court. The rest is history. His career got torpedoed and sunk.

Has your friend considered God is pushing him in a different direction? "Following your dreams" is all about being gassed-up.

Think about this: the same Leviathan he wanted to make a career under processed him (but apparently not a PP?) on a feeling. How ironic. Well I hope the scales have fallen from his eyes now and he's praying for his true purpose in life.

My ex. Surprised she hasn’t yet ! Total gun hatin b^^tch ! She has cost me thousands with one phone call to stay legal ! I do however believe in karma !
Hope you learned your lesson about not keeping all of your guns in the same place. Caching a few of them out of state makes total confiscation impossible.

The best way for Illinois Leftists to block access to public release of information on ERPO Red Flags executed, is not to drag their feet on FOI requests. It’s to assure there is no information to disclose. When crime surges or there’s the next mass shooting, Democrats only have to blame LE/Judges from not using enough ERPOs - nobody can know what the facts are, as there was no reporting requirement in the bill passed. More ERPOs and new guns laws - that’s all Democrats want.

"The state legislature is the body that approved the “red flag” law, and I’d argue its opaque nature is by design. The goal of the Extreme Risk Protection Statute was to make it easier to take guns away from people, not make it easier to document any government abuses. Lawmakers could have made at least statistical information on ERPO requests to public disclosure without violating the privacy of any individuals who were the subject of a petition, but they chose not to do that. In fact, they decided not to keep track of that information at all."

Back
Top Bottom