• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

eotech question

They all do pretty much the same thing. The main differences are batteries and night vision compatability.

The differences are: the dots MOA, type of batteries, night vision compatibility, and magnifier compatibility.

thanks for quick responses

how good is the 512

im looking to buy one and i like the 552, but cost is so much more. ive found a few used at the same price as a new 512. batteries are the same (AA)

is it better to buy the new or should i buy the 552 used

Last edited:
I would get a 512A65 new. AA batts. Run Lithium batts as they are lighter and last longer in the cold. ALso, there is a new version with side buttons if you have a magnifier or BUIS behind the sight. Lars at Umlaut Arms stocks them. He has a forum here actually, but his site is www.umlautarms.com

JUST got a 512

wiskie, I ordered a 512 from GG&G (one of their value packages with the quick release mount) at the end of May and got it this past week (due to back order). I mounted it on my AR on Friday and went to the range on Saturday to get it zeroed in. I put 100 rounds through the rifle zeroing my 512 (and the BUIS I bought along with it). The last 40-50 rounds or so were pure joy as they grouped very tightly right where the center red dot told them too at 25yds. It took me a while to settle on the 512 instead of an Aimpoint ML3. It came down to price and the more open operature of the EoTech. I figured it would be friendlier to rapid target aquisition at closer ranges. After just one afternoon I am very happy with my decision.

I have the 512A65 and am very happy with it. You will be too.

I've tried Aimpoints and they are nice... but I prefer the reticle and heads up display of the Eotech. But... it's all preference. If you haven't actually tried looking through an Eotech or Aimpoint... I'd suggest doing so before buying one or the other.

but... if you can't... you'll be happy with the Eotech [smile]

MassMark, don't ever change your avatar...

Back on topic, the Trijicon Tripower is pretty sweet! Kinda funny looking, but pretty amazing how it all works. Talk about backup power!!! I was going to get an Aimpoint CompML3 or some such model for my .50Beowulf. The Eotech had a lower profile I think, and surprisingly was cheaper. I liked the "scope" look to the Aimpoint, but I liked the compact nature of the Eotech. The Eotech has stood up to the .50Beo recoil just fine too.

Back
Top Bottom