• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dead EOTech HWS - UPDATE in post #3

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Like the title says, I have a dead EOTech 512 HWS. Short story, my fault, I left it in storage with alkaline batteries still inside and forgot about it for 2-3 years. Batteries leaked (DUH!). When i opened it the two rubber grommets pulled off the unit.

Finally got an email response from EOTech, factory service not available. I can either purchase some components and try to fix it myself OR participate in a trade-in (50% off) for a new HWS or HHS Combo. am tempted to try to fix it IF it can be done, otherwise probably cut my loss by half and but a new unit.

Anyone ever tried this?

Attachments

• EOTech 512.JPG
    EOTech 512.JPG
    214 KB · Views: 27
Update:

I re-read the email I received from EOTech and found a guide to evaluate my sight's problem to see if there was an easy fix. For $38 (parts plus shipping) I should be able to fix something which I got dirt cheap many years ago.

Once I get the parts I'll try to remember to post an update with the results.

It look so easy that a caveman could do it.

1619399193593.png

I once again have a functioning EoTech HWS. Took about 10 minutes of careful work. Although I did spend maybe 15 minutes reviewing the instructions and the unit to insure that I knew what needed to be done and exactly how to do it. Takes a little bit of manual dexterity but is well within the ability of the average gunnie.

EoTech's customer support was outstanding through all of this.

I had an issue where some energizer batteries leaked in a set of ear pro. Contacted energizer and after a call, some pics and a web form I got a check from them.

Back
Top Bottom