Eotech makes/lobbied for airport body scanners.

Somebody's going to make them, why not an American company?

I know L3 is a big .gov contractor, but wouldn't it be awesome if a company like that said, "This feels like a violation of civil rights. We're going sit this one out." Principles seem to be fungible when there's money to be made.

I know L3 is a big .gov contractor, but wouldn't it be awesome if a company like that said, "This feels like a violation of civil rights. We're going sit this one out." Principles seem to be fungible when there's money to be made.

The board's responsibility is to their investors. If I were an LLL investor I'd want to see the entire board replaced if they did that. Just like as a citizen I want to see the entire government replaced for buying the stupid things in the first place.

And they couldn't possibly have been lobbying - Obama promised to send all of the lobbyists home, remember?

The board's responsibility is to their investors. If I were an LLL investor I'd want to see the entire board replaced if they did that. Just like as a citizen I want to see the entire government replaced for buying the stupid things in the first place.

And they couldn't possibly have been lobbying - Obama promised to send all of the lobbyists home, remember?

Yep, me too! Well put.

I heard there were two flavors of the scanner. The other company that makes them is Rapiscan.

I don't mind that they make the product nor that they are spending money to lobby for it's use.
I just don't like the product and disagree with it's use.

I feel like I should sell my Eotech now and go Aimpoint just on principle.

I don't mind that they make the product nor that they are spending money to lobby for it's use.
I just don't like the product and disagree with it's use.

I feel like I should sell my Eotech now and go Aimpoint just on principle.

How much? I might buy it.... (I don't like the raised base models though.)

L3 also makes image intensifier tubes for the night vision that keeps our troops safe...

How much? I might buy it.... (I don't like the raised base models though.)

It's funny you ask. I was literally looking on classifieds for an Aimpoint. I'll PM you in a bit. I have to check and see how much I paid for this thing.

If I were a company making a product, I would certainly lobby for its use.

Mike

Glad to hear you think it's ok.

When the govt. comes to get your guns - you can thank IBM for providing the database - and lobbying to enact legislation to do the confiscation - so they can sell the database.

Glad to hear you think it's ok.

When the govt. comes to get your guns - you can thank IBM for providing the database - and lobbying to enact legislation to do the confiscation - so they can sell the database.

Actually the secret gun confiscation database is in Oracle. And Larry Ellison is just evil enough to pull something like that off. I heard his bunny slippers were real bunnies. [shocked]

Last edited:
Remember it's not the tool, it's who is using it and how they are using it.

BINGO, This is the truth here. The scanners should be used as a step up tool, not a catch all for everyone. Hell, for the longest time metal detectors were fine for 99% of travelers. If the TSA has doubts, move them to the next level, body scanner ( sounds like a movie ). They are being misused/overused and screw the touchy feelie methods. Damn, if someone is walking around with explosives shoved up their butt, simple profiling will catch that one, eyes bulging out of head, penguin walk!!

Back
Top Bottom