Enough with the ignorant NRA bashing

Silencing stupidity is not censorship. I have stated the good here several times. It doesn't matter with some. Ron White had it right "you can't fix stupid"
Silencing stupidity is censorship. Same as any other censorship. Perhaps worse. Letting the stupid self identify is smart. And if you can't handle what the stupid have to say, what's that say about you?

Enough is enough. To many gun owners who live their lives vicariously as if they are some sort of Montana Militia, while living in the suburbs, seem to think its some sort of fashionable statement to insult the NRA....like they would actually fight anyone who tried to take their guns. We are at critical mass and must adopt the position the Left has taken against us for years. You are either with us or against us.

I have to disagree. Placing the NRA above criticizm will only further weaken our rights, and further empower them to continue to compromise with the left, and allow them to further erode our rights. The NRA IS 5 million of us, 5 million voices who would never agree to be silenced.

'like they would actually fight anyone who would take their guns'
'uneducated and ignorant slander and should be stopped'

You really need to dial the rhetoric back. You're marginalizing the audience here, a common propegandistic tactic. This is something our enemies do. If you want to change my mind, please reconsider your tactics, and eneumerate for us how the NRA is helpful. You're not strengthening your position by insisting we be censored.

The only 'negative' thoughts I have about the NRA is when they send me mailings (yes, snail mail) wanting me to extend my [5 year] membership early. I still have about three years left on the membership, so I'm not in any rush to extend it. Although once I'm on a new job I just might do it come the next mailing. ;)

There's a secret trick the NRA members in Taunton don't want you to know about. LOL.

Go Life. Then throw EVERYTHING from the NRA away at the trash can as it comes in. It's NEVER a renewal. Ergo, it can all get trashed.

I support the NRA, but I reject any form of thought-policing.

The NRA is not above criticism.

Here is the catch. I don't have to agree 100% with someone to stand with them. The NRA doesn't 100% speak for me. Neither does GOA or other organizations. My correlation is VERY high with all of them. Ergo, I may criticize and discuss each's issues, but I'll still support them.

Shit, according to the "Media" 70% of NRA members want "reasonable" gun control! Must have polled a few of our members.

I'm part of that 70%! Although what I think is "reasonable" is LESS control than they have now. So it might be HOW they are asking the question. ;)

"And in the midst of the upcoming 2A battle ignorant, clueless and uneducated speech should not be allowed"

Please......elaborate on how you want this accomplished.

Dont look now but... You sound like a liberal lol

I have to disagree. Placing the NRA above criticizm will only further weaken our rights, and further empower them to continue to compromise with the left, and allow them to further erode our rights. The NRA IS 5 million of us, 5 million voices who would never agree to be silenced.

'like they would actually fight anyone who would take their guns'
'uneducated and ignorant slander and should be stopped'

You really need to dial the rhetoric back. You're marginalizing the audience here, a common propegandistic tactic. This is something our enemies do. If you want to change my mind, please reconsider your tactics, and eneumerate for us how the NRA is helpful. You're not strengthening your position by insisting we be censored.
The gun owners of America who have never lifted a finger in the 2A fight, and those who ignorantly bashed the NRA, have "marginalized" the rest of us far greater than my worlds would ever be able to.

There's a secret trick the NRA members in Taunton don't want you to know about. LOL.

Go Life. Then throw EVERYTHING from the NRA away at the trash can as it comes in. It's NEVER a renewal. Ergo, it can all get trashed.

This. I got Life for $300. I asked to be added to the Do-Not-Promote list. I don't get any mail from them anymore. Let them use the money for whatever - they don't need to wast money mailing me stuff that I will throw away.

And in the midst of the upcoming 2A battle ignorant, clueless and uneducated speech should not be allowed.

I see it no other way.

Harry M.

NRA 42 years, Second Amendment Task Force 30 years

GOAL

COMM2A

Marginalization of audience, veiled authority

Enough is enough. To many gun owners who live their lives vicariously as if they are some sort of Montana Militia, while living in the suburbs, seem to think its some sort of fashionable statement to insult the NRA....like they would actually fight anyone who tried to take their guns. We are at critical mass and must adopt the position the Left has taken against us for years. You are either with us or against us.

Framing audience to delusion

Silencing stupidity is not censorship. I have stated the good here several times. It doesn't matter with some. Ron White had it right "you can't fix stupid"

Ad hom

I'm smarter than them....

Ad hom

The gun owners of America who have never lifted a finger in the 2A fight, and those who ignorantly bashed the NRA, have "marginalized" the rest of us far greater than my worlds would ever be able to.

Red herring

LOL, Socrates strikes again.

Ad hom

You argue like a communist.

This. I got Life for $300. I asked to be added to the Do-Not-Promote list. I don't get any mail from them anymore. Let them use the money for whatever - they don't need to wast money mailing me stuff that I will throw away.
This is why we lose. The idea $300 bucks and done. Go get in the political meatgrinder, yeah you won't be able to change much but a million nudges is key, and having the people in place to do the nudging.

This is why we lose. The idea $300 bucks and done. Go get in the political meatgrinder, yeah you won't be able to change much but a million nudges is key, and having the people in place to do the nudging.

My money has been going to Comm2a and GOAL. NRA's power is in their membership numbers they can cite.

The Lefts power is in having allies in every town clerks office and pissant elected officials from coast to coast. That crushes quoting membership numbers.

Yeah. Those stupid, ignorant, short sighted people who fail to defend liberty by being critical certainly outed themselves.

Conversations like this are always unproductive. Openly criticizing and discussing ways to make the NRA more appealing, so more people join would be way more productive and way more reflective of the free market system. A free society is based on debate.

Alternately, your solution seems to be 'shutup and give money, don't question me because I'm smarter than you'

You still haven't answered the question in post #35.

Yeah. Those stupid, ignorant, short sighted people who fail to defend liberty by being critical certainly outed themselves.

Conversations like this are always unproductive. Openly criticizing and discussing ways to make the NRA more appealing, so more people join would be way more productive and way more reflective of the free market system. A free society is based on debate.

Alternately, your solution seems to be 'shutup and give money, don't question me because I'm smarter than you'

Your conversations should have taken place years ago. We are too far past that now. I don't know what's sadder, the coming gun bans or the fact that those like you are oblivious to it. My post is clear, brutally clear in fact. You either have reading comprehension or you don't. I'm not your personal secretary.

i try to give a little to all. if you are trying to get something done you need everything to come in to play. I think they all play a small role in the end results. and if not we must move forward ourselves. and hopefuly we can put our differences aside to do that.

i try to give a little to all. if you are trying to get something done you need everything to come in to play. I think they all play a small role in the end results. and if not we must move forward ourselves. and hopefuly we can put our differences aside to do that.
Again, should have been done decades ago. Gun Rights are in significant trouble and many who post here are part of the problem and I could care less who likes that or who doesn't.

The NRA gave Trump the political cover to come out against, and likely ban bump stocks. And for what? Compromise is not a thing that happens when it comes to guns, we just lose more and more receiving nothing in return.

Nope. I will keep criticizing and focusing on organizations that do the most good here at home, thanks Comm2A.

Your conversations should have taken place years ago. We are too far past that now. I don't know what's sadder, the coming gun bans or the fact that those like you are oblivious to it. My post is clear, brutally clear in fact. You either have reading comprehension or you don't. I'm not your personal secretary.

The only thing you've clarified is that you think you're smarter than anyone who dares criticize the NRA. I agreed with you earlier and then tried to help you strengthen your position. Now you're doubling down on the ad hom. The only thing that's clear is that you're used to these tactics working. They will not, because they fail under the simplest scrutiny.

Your arguments are weaksauce. I'm disappointed in your inability to prove that criticism weakens us and your disposition to verbally attacking anyone who you perceive as disagreeing with you. If anything, you've further reinforced my disdain for the NRA.

The only thing you've clarified is that you think you're smarter than anyone who dares criticize the NRA. I agreed with you earlier and then tried to help you strengthen your position. Now you're doubling down on the ad hom. The only thing that's clear is that you're used to these tactics working. They will not, because they fail under the simplest scrutiny.

Your arguments are weaksauce. I'm disappointed in your inability to prove that criticism weakens us and your disposition to verbally attacking anyone who you perceive as disagreeing with you. If anything, you've further reinforced my disdain for the NRA.
All you do is talk in circles. People like you have weakened gun rights more than anything I could say. You are a week little Man if I have to power to make you hate the NRA anymore than you do. You hate the NRA no matter what is said. I've seen your kind for over 40 years.

Just realize how good of a job the sick liberals have done with their term assault rifle every uneducated mentally enslaved moron with a total brain capacity of two cells makes ignorant comments about it

Back
Top Bottom