Empty holster social experiment question

NC = The NJ of the South

Beautiful state, but the political winds have been coming from the left for many years.

When I go to the Doctor or Dentist, I take off my gun and lock it in the vault in my truck, separate from the mag, of course. I usually have to take off my coat and if I have to disrobe the firearm isn't under my direct control. I tend to fall asleep during my clean & check at the Dentist so again, not under my direct control. My Doctor/NP is fully aware of my 2A stance and has no problem with it. My Dentist is a avid Duck Hunter and is always taking a new class at Sig Academy. None of the staff at my Dr. or DMD say a word about my empty holster or mag pouches but the definitely notice them.

When I go to the Doctor or Dentist, I take off my gun and lock it in the vault in my truck, separate from the mag, of course. I usually have to take off my coat and if I have to disrobe the firearm isn't under my direct control. I tend to fall asleep during my clean & check at the Dentist so again, not under my direct control. My Doctor/NP is fully aware of my 2A stance and has no problem with it. My Dentist is a avid Duck Hunter and is always taking a new class at Sig Academy. None of the staff at my Dr. or DMD say a word about my empty holster or mag pouches but the definitely notice them.

I carry a tote bag with me and when I go into a place were I have to "disrobe" I also carry one of those small car safes and I put my gun in there...

I've had to pull my shirt off many times at the Doctors, I just leave the gun in its holster and my Doc just gos about his business and I put my shirt back on when done... I carry OWB with thumb break...

Unless gun owners are doing something to get their rights back then they accept their situation. .

It sounds like you think we are not doing anything about it. Many of us do plenty. If you don't think we are frustrated, then read more of the forums and you will see. It is a shame we even need to defend our rights but the voters in Mass have elected people who are not qualified to legislate on these issues it seems, once they pass, are difficult to turn around. I'm busy working harder for less money trying to support a family, don't have time for social experiments myself, but good luck.

I did not look at the date of this ancient thread, my bad

Last edited:
I try to educate people around me as much as possible - which I think is at least partially effective.

Have to be careful because many of our acquaintances are helicopter parents paranoid about the tiniest thing.
For example my wife's friend did not want her daughter to go for a sleepover at her friend's house. Why? Because in that family the mother works and the father is kind of a house husband type who takes care of the kids. She thought it was weird and "did not feel comfortable". And you want me to bring attention to my ownership of EVIL BLACK GUNS???

(not that me or my wife are any better, I just happen to own firearms, we are just as guilty of hovering as the rest of our circle)

Holy necro-post!

Moving here from the South, my observation is that in Mass there is quite a difference between inside and outside the 495 beltway. Experiment in both zones and report back. I think we all know which one will be more entertaining.

One of these days I will get my lifetime NRA membership and get the NRA leather jacket that you get with NRA membership, then next time I am in San Francisco I plan to wear it and walk down the street (with a GoPro or similar). Then post on Youtube.

What trouble, if any, would I be in if I just wore an empty holster on my belt?

I like the idea of an empty holster, it will make them wonder where it is.(the gun) [smile]

Heh.

Yeah...walk around with a sort of distracted look on your face, quietly mumbling and pointing, "Now...I remember that I had it when I went to the restroom...but then..."

Wow, that's one thing that I can't do down here. Now my only defense is that I still have my military Tricare doctor and as a backup I have a VA provider, but both locations are either on a government installation (Ft. Bragg) or is a government building and is strictly prohibited from having a firearm even on the premises to include the parking lot. Every civilian hospital is also posted but I'm not sure about private practices. The pain clinic that I go to is posted, but I always leave my sidearm in my truck. They do see my holster pretty much every time I go there, but gun ownership is such a common thing in my area that it isn't a big deal at all.

I carry a tote bag with me and when I go into a place were I have to "disrobe" I also carry one of those small car safes and I put my gun in there...

I've had to pull my shirt off many times at the Doctors, I just leave the gun in its holster and my Doc just gos about his business and I put my shirt back on when done... I carry OWB with thumb break...

Wow, that's one thing that I can't do down here. Now my only defense is that I still have my military Tricare doctor and as a backup I have a VA provider, but both locations are either on a government installation (Ft. Bragg) or is a government building and is strictly prohibited from having a firearm even on the premises to include the parking lot. Every civilian hospital is also posted but I'm not sure about private practices. The pain clinic that I go to is posted, but I always leave my sidearm in my truck. They do see my holster pretty much every time I go there, but gun ownership is such a common thing in my area that it isn't a big deal at all.

Signs don't have the force of law up here, so there's no real law to be broken. Prohibited places are only a handful (schools, courts, etc.)

It's true that it's not here in Mass, but it does go to how stupid these biased perceptions can be, and the "state" (in this case campus authorities) response to them. I'd like to think the proper response to being told that some guy was wearing an empty holster would be "so what?"

Well, here's your answer:

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/307492-Student-wearing-empty-holster-cited-for-threatening-the-safety-of-campus

Student wearing empty holster cited for 'threatening the safety of campus'

Two University of South Alabama students were confronted by campus police Wednesday, and one student was cited for “causing alarm” by wearing an empty holster.
We did something similar in Lowell last year, not nearly as much fun as them 'Bama Boys though...
_DSC1041.jpg

Back
Top Bottom