Electronic FA-10

End of the day, the government still sucks, i wish i lived in the days of wild bill hickock, I would walk around with my sixer shooter and play poker all day, screw hookers and take some blow

PS he was awesome in Deadwood
Yes he was!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Got an email from Jason Guida the Director of the FRB reiterating that the paper forms are available from the Walpole PD and other departments. They also DID send me 4 forms. So I went to the Walpole PD and asked for an FA10.
I was told by the dispatcher that they no longer give them out. So I gave her a copy of the letter from the Director and she said it didn't matter.

I then called Chief Stillman on the phone and asked about it and he said they have decided not to stock them, that everyone has a computer or access to a computer. He also said that besides no one or hardly anyone ever asked for an FA10, of course in the last 2 years I have gotten at least 30 from them, but maybe I am the only one getting them.
' Anyhow he said that if someone was really a hardship case and could show they didn't have access to a computer they would get them one, but otherwise they will not provide them no matter what the State says.

I was going to write back to Jason and copy the Chief BUT my LTC is up for renewal next year and I don't want to have to get Scrivner to go to court with me to fight for it when the Chief refuses to renew it.

It is bad that is this state we have to cower before authorities to try to keep our Constitutional Rights, and that we are put in fear of losing them!

dude massachusetts blows, when I retire in 30 something years, I am just going to buy a huge ranch in NH and set it up like hickock45's compound and shoot from sun up to sun down.

I was looking at the paper form and it's title is "Firearms Transaction Form" (you are registering the sale, the new E form at the top says "Firearms Registration" they are making no bones about it be gun registration!

Got an email from Jason Guida the Director of the FRB reiterating that the paper forms are available from the Walpole PD and other departments. They also DID send me 4 forms. So I went to the Walpole PD and asked for an FA10.
I was told by the dispatcher that they no longer give them out. So I gave her a copy of the letter from the Director and she said it didn't matter.

Call Guida back and tell him that the PD REFUSED to provide you with an FA-10 form. Tell him you need them for C&R registrations, gun builds, and the like.

-Mike

I just viewed the E-FA-10 security certificate and it is valid till Feb 2014.

I use online banking all the time, and with a valid certificate I feel ok in using the EFA10, but I will keep the 4 paper ones I have as backup-.

Oh and I did email Guida to tell him that I couldn't get any from Walpole

I should call Chief Stillman and ask for some forms. Two folks calling one week! I just saw him in the new McDonald's this week, too.

-JR

I think he would say the same thing.

Now that I see a valid security certificate I have no problem using the E-FA-10. I have 4 paper forms from the state that I will hold onto in case.

I went to my local PD and requested the new forms. Even in Northborough (home of GOAL), they had no clue about the availability of these forms. The dispatcher started reading to me from a note dated June 2011 that people need to go to the website to get forms. I then handed him the October 14th letter sent to GOAL and asked him to order the forms.

In the meantime, I called the FRB for forms. What a great experience that was!

Me: I'd like to get some FA-10 forms because our local police department is out.

Her: Well, you can just download them from the website.

Me: No thanks - GOAL recommends that we don't use those.

Her: Well, the website is perfectly safe!

Me: Thanks anyways - I prefer the paper copies. Please send me ten...

Her: Ten? The most I could give you is four! It's AGAINST THE LAW for me to give you more than four!

Me: No, it's not. I'm limited to four transfers per year, that's true, but I'm a federally licensed collector. Every time I buy a gun from out of state and bring it into Massachusetts, I'm suppose to register it - and there's no limit on number of registrations.

Her: Please hold...

Her: Um.. I can only send you four, but I can send some to your police department, too!

Me: You do understand the difference between transfers and registrations, right?

Her: All I can do is sent you four, because it against the law for me to send you more.

Me: (Giving up trying to explain something to this nitwit): yeah, OK, send me four.

The good news is that they showed up within 24 hours. Now I'm going to hit the PD to see if they got theirs, and pick up as many as they allow.

What a joke...

Well, I wont ever use the E-FA-10 as I dont make a habit of inviting complete strangers over to my place of residence to buy guns, and I also do not send my vital information to the person ahead of time, either. Call me a safety and security freak, but when I met somewhere public, or at a range I dont have internet access to do the E-FA-10. PDs like Walpole and the FRB can go pluck themselves.

I went to my local PD and requested the new forms. Even in Northborough (home of GOAL), they had no clue about the availability of these forms. The dispatcher started reading to me from a note dated June 2011 that people need to go to the website to get forms. I then handed him the October 14th letter sent to GOAL and asked him to order the forms.

In the meantime, I called the FRB for forms. What a great experience that was!

Me: I'd like to get some FA-10 forms because our local police department is out.

Her: Well, you can just download them from the website.

Me: No thanks - GOAL recommends that we don't use those.

Her: Well, the website is perfectly safe!

Me: Thanks anyways - I prefer the paper copies. Please send me ten...

Her: Ten? The most I could give you is four! It's AGAINST THE LAW for me to give you more than four!

Me: No, it's not. I'm limited to four transfers per year, that's true, but I'm a federally licensed collector. Every time I buy a gun from out of state and bring it into Massachusetts, I'm suppose to register it - and there's no limit on number of registrations.

Her: Please hold...

Her: Um.. I can only send you four, but I can send some to your police department, too!

Me: You do understand the difference between transfers and registrations, right?

Her: All I can do is sent you four, because it against the law for me to send you more.

Me: (Giving up trying to explain something to this nitwit): yeah, OK, send me four.

Sounds like Guida is filling his underlings ears with crap. And that's a lot more polite than what I wrote 10 seconds ago before I changed it. What a ****ing mess.

-Mike

Just print out the forms from the web site, cabon paper between the 2nd and 3rd page, send in the 1st page and you have all the paper copies you want. Works for me.

I am pretty sure that the time frame on the EFA10 is the same as the paper one, it has to be done within 7 days, so you could buy the gun, give the seller your info and they have 7 days to do the FA 10 and send you the "Gun Registration" copy.

One thing about the the EFA10, the site could be taken down and you wouldn't be able to fill it out in time or it would be easy to make it password protected so only dealers could do EFA10's eliminating private sales.

I just viewed the E-FA-10 security certificate and it is valid till Feb 2014.

That's not the point.

I use online banking all the time, and with a valid certificate I feel ok in using the EFA10, but I will keep the 4 paper ones I have as backup-.

Now that I see a valid security certificate I have no problem using the E-FA-10. I have 4 paper forms from the state that I will hold onto in case.

You're missing the point.

I am pretty sure that the time frame on the EFA10 is the same as the paper one, it has to be done within 7 days, so you could buy the gun, give the seller your info and they have 7 days to do the FA 10 and send you the "Gun Registration" copy.

You'd feel comfortable giving some complete stranger your PIN? You know, the thing that identifies you when you buy a gun, you'd just give that info to anyone you happen to buy a gun from? Do you really think other people are willing to give you that information?

One thing about the the EFA10, the site could be taken down and you wouldn't be able to fill it out in time or it would be easy to make it password protected so only dealers could do EFA10's eliminating private sales.

That's a really important point, and shouldn't be forgotten.

But, overall, you're still missing the point. Don't use the E-FA10. Every time you do, it makes further justification of that obscene system seem "more reasonable" to those who want to make it impossible for any of us to own, buy, and sell guns.

Despite the valid certificate, it's still a bad idea to use the online form.

Seems like FRB has decided this e-form is the form.
The E-FA-10 replaces Form FA-10, the three-part form previously used to file a weapon transaction record and is the current “form” furnished by the Commissioner of the DCJIS in accordance with G.L. c. 140, §§ 128A and 128B.
http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eopster...b=terminalcontent&f=chsb_frb_forms&csid=Eeops

I love that "form" is in quotations.

I'm not clear on what exactly GOAL is trying to do about this. Just tell us to resist? Or are they trying to address some of the site issues?

I miss the fillable PDF. That was easy.

I was told by the dispatcher that they no longer give them out. So I gave her a copy of the letter from the Director and she said it didn't matter
I then called Chief Stillman on the phone and asked about it and he said they have decided not to stock them, that everyone has a computer or access to a computer. He also said that besides no one or hardly anyone ever asked for an FA10, of course in the last 2 years I have gotten at least 30 from them, but maybe I am the only one getting them.
' Anyhow he said that if someone was really a hardship case and could show they didn't have access to a computer they would get them one, but otherwise they will not provide them no matter what the State says.

I just picked up two FA-10s from Walpole PD today when I dropped off my C&R app info. They've got them.

-JR

. . . You'd feel comfortable giving some complete stranger your PIN? You know, the thing that identifies you when you buy a gun, you'd just give that info to anyone you happen to buy a gun from? Do you really think other people are willing to give you that information? . . .

I not only would not give someone my PIN, I would not type it myself into some random person's computer. How do I know that Joe Smith's laptop we're using over Starbuck's WiFi doesn't have a virus or keylogger he might not even know about? My own laptop is not exactly portable, so I have to invite someone into my home or use the computers at the public library.

Likewise, I would never expect someone else to trust MY computer's security.

Can some kind Moderator bundle these into a mega-thread?

Can someone please answer this question for me?
I moved to Massachusetts eight years ago. I left my SW40V at my fathers for the entire time.
I just received my LTC A and want to bring my gun into Mass. Can someone tell me what I have to
do to ensure I am complying with Mass. Gun Laws? Thank you in advance, Mike

1. File an FA-10 as "registration" within 7 days of bringing the gun into MA.
2. Leave any hi-cap mags outside of MA unless they were made on/before 9/13/1994.

No, "registration" does NOT list where the gun came from.

And the date is the date it crosses MA State Line the first time, NOT when you bought it in East Overshoe.

Back
Top Bottom