Governor Kerry Healy

Attorney General Larry Frisoli

US Congress Rick Barton

Governor’s Council Bill Barabino

Ballot Questions

# 1 Wine Sales In Food Stores Yes

# 2 Nominate Candidates For Public Office No

# 3 Family Child Care Providers No

There are nearly 9,000 family child care providers in Massachusetts, but they are not the ones pushing for Question 3. These providers are self-employed small business owners who take great pride in being licensed to provide child care in their homes. Thousands of parents across the state decide to entrust their children to their care every day. Question 3 would give collective bargaining rights to family child care providers because low-income parents receiving assistance from the state also choose to bring their children there. It would put the entire state’s child care regulatory system on the bargaining table, subjecting nationally-recognized quality standards to union concerns rather than parent concerns. Organizers backing Question 3 call themselves the “Campaign for our Children’s Future”, but they do not represent the best interests of children, families, or the providers they claim to represent. What’s best for children is a “no” vote on Question 3.

Would'nt yes on question 1 hurt the small family owned package store? Also put a big liability on covienent stores?. If I was to go buy a bottle of wine, I would prefer going to a place where they specialize in something,and be able to advise me as to what would be the best compement to my meal.
I myself feel supporting small buisness, a mom and pop packie, or hardware store will get my buisness before Kappys or Home Depot.

Would'nt yes on question 1 hurt the small family owned package store? Also put a big liability on covienent stores?. If I was to go buy a bottle of wine, I would prefer going to a place where they specialize in something,and be able to advise me as to what would be the best compement to my meal.
I myself feel supporting small buisness, a mom and pop packie, or hardware store will get my buisness before Kappys or Home Depot.

No.

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12317

If this were true then banks would be going out of business, too - how many supermarkets have bank branches in them?

My family owned a small hardware store in Peabody for over 50 years. Home Depot came to Danvers and put a dent in business. When the Salem, MA store opened a few years later, that was it. We could not compete with the selection and prices that the Depot offered. We did have better and more personal service and could fix many things that HD does not want to bother with. Unfortunately that was not enough...

The example of comparing the small, mom and pop package store to a supermarket selling wine is not exactly the same as comparing HD to a small hardware store. Imagine if Home Depot was restricted and not able to sell, say, garden hoses. If you wanted a hose, you would have to go to the state sanctioned garden hose store. Fair? Absolutley not. As much as I have ill feelings for giant retailers, fair is fair and they should be allowed to sell whatever they want.

Vote yes on 1.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom