Edible Reactive targets

Lotta fun shooting saltine crackers at 50 yards with my 22 cal S&W 617 revolver. I would just lay them on the berm. They would jump around when hit.

Thing is though I would always end up running out of targets because I ate them all. [smile]

Necco wafers are a favorite of mine for targets. I stick them onto a target board by using pieces of folded over masking tape. When hit they disintegrate, so no clean up is needed. Last summer one of the guys at the range had brought along a bag of those "Dum-Dum" lollipops; like a Tootsie Roll pop, only smaller. They started an informal competition with rifles at 50 and 100 yards. They stuck them between the cardboard and the wooden frame of the target board so that they stuck out on the sides. When one got hit, it disintegrated. Very challenging, since you can barely see the things without a scope.

Another thing to try is "target poker." Shuffle an old deck of playing cards and stick them to a target board so you can see the faces. Each shooter gets five shots for their poker hand. Best hand wins. Use a magic marker to cross off the existing bullet holes and you can go again.

Last edited:
Shotgun ammo hulls standing on end , at whatever range is challenging. They don't taste very good , though.

Necco wafers. Ritz. ... tomatoes might be fun.

Bonus Question : What does " Necco " mean ?

Back
Top Bottom