Econo-Can

Now that my friend is redneck I love it!

- - - Updated - - -

How does one aim with a oil filter strapped to there gun?

That is cool as heck, but still requires a tax stamp unfortunately. The large diameter also would make most sights ineffective because you would have to have really tall risers to see over the "can"

im getting one $275 total for a suppressor why the hell not plus I have a unlimited supply of oil filters

- - - Updated - - -

im getting one $275 total for a suppressor why the hell not plus I have a unlimited supply of oil filters

Wasn't there a thread on this before? The can itself is also serialized to match the adapter, and you could run afoul of construction possession issues if you keep any other oil filters about. They have a limited effective lifespan too, so you'd be ordering new cans from them all the time.

Edit: IANAL especially not a NFA one, so I would be happy to be corrected by someone who knows more [grin]

Wasn't there a thread on this before? The can itself is also serialized to match the adapter, and you could run afoul of construction possession issues if you keep any other oil filters about. They have a limited effective lifespan too, so you'd be ordering new cans from them all the time.

Edit: IANAL especially not a NFA one, so I would be happy to be corrected by someone who knows more [grin]

yup, there is a thread on here somewhere about this but I couldn't find it in a quick search...it is an NFA "item"

yup, there is a thread on here somewhere about this but I couldn't find it in a quick search...it is an NFA "item"

Comments on the other site, as well as my understanding of similar products, indicates that only the adaptor itself is a serialized NFA item. You can replace the oil filter whenever you want.

The soda bottle adaptors were the same way.

I think just the big disk part is the only serialized part, you can buy the other part with the small bolt with out fail, and the actual filter is not apart of the tax stamp. In one of their videos, they use a new oil filter and you can see the new hole in it getting formed by the first round.

Charles.

But, how do I keep all that dirty oil from running down my barrel???

its only for .22, if it worked for bigger calibers i would be impressed. but for a fraction of the cost you can do the same with some items from your local hardware store and no stamp

In Mass, half an hour of lathe work = long time in jail [frown] [crying][crying][crying][crying]

Correction: In the US, 15 minutes with hand tools and not paying the King's tax = a long time in jail.

I'm willing to bet that with round stock, a drill press, a pipe fitting, and a tap set, I could cut production time on one of these down to 5 min, beginning to end. Done by hand with no power tools, maybe an hour, or 20 min if you don't include the tome to cut the disc from the round stock.

I've said for YEARS that it's not the firearms that are the tough part. You cab build a gun (or at least something that the feds consider a gun, even if no self respecting gun guy would want one) in hours using standard machine shop tools and materials from a standard metal supply shop...or a hardware store, if you really don't care about safety. To top that off, read Oleg Volk's comments regarding manufacture of automatic weapons; they're easier to cobble together than semi-autos.

The problem is the cartridges. Manufacture of the cartridges is key.

Oh, and this suppressor? Pure awesome.

Correction: In the US, 15 minutes with hand tools and not paying the King's tax = a long time in jail.

I'm willing to bet that with round stock, a drill press, a pipe fitting, and a tap set, I could cut production time on one of these down to 5 min, beginning to end. Done by hand with no power tools, maybe an hour, or 20 min if you don't include the tome to cut the disc from the round stock.

I've said for YEARS that it's not the firearms that are the tough part. You cab build a gun (or at least something that the feds consider a gun, even if no self respecting gun guy would want one) in hours using standard machine shop tools and materials from a standard metal supply shop...or a hardware store, if you really don't care about safety. To top that off, read Oleg Volk's comments regarding manufacture of automatic weapons; they're easier to cobble together than semi-autos.

The problem is the cartridges. Manufacture of the cartridges is key.

Oh, and this suppressor? Pure awesome.

Even considering safety, some fine weapons were made before the advent of precision machining.

Two things i all ways Wonder.
First if u can get in trouble for posting a pic of your gun in your work shop with a bunch raw stock and tools .

O wait I don't live in new York lol.

Second how they made the first mill or lathe . As a machinest it's allways been a chicken or egg thing in my head lol.

Two things i all ways Wonder.
First if u can get in trouble for posting a pic of your gun in your work shop with a bunch raw stock and tools .

O wait I don't live in new York lol.

Second how they made the first mill or lathe . As a machinest it's allways been a chicken or egg thing in my head lol.

This series of books should answer all your questions:

http://www.lindsaybks.com/dgjp/djgbk/index.html

its only for .22, if it worked for bigger calibers i would be impressed. but for a fraction of the cost you can do the same with some items from your local hardware store and no stamp
They fired full auto 5.45 as well. It should work fine for anything within reason.

All the same regulatory issues as normal cans apply of course. From 4 required and illegal in some states regardless like MA and VT.

Then why not an AR? It seems they would have quite a market if they sold these to work on an AR.
Who said it would not work? Just need the right thread pitch or an adapter.

I am just reporting what they show in their videos that contradicts the statement that it is only good for 22lr.

They almost set the filter on fire on full auto - go back and look at the video

Would probably work fine with a semi though

Back
Top Bottom