Easthampton man's so poor, he loses 21 guns

Wow, one unexpected discouraging result of just joining this forum. I'm learning that my state is even more screwed up than I ever imagined. Can't believe this crap is happening out there. Montana anyone?
You must have been sleeping or on the couch watching TV when it happened[wink]

If he legally transfers the firearms (FA-10s) to someone other than a dealer BEFORE the order is issued, no problem.
Giving the firearms to someone to "hold", no good. Out of state? I haven't heard of anyone going after them but I wouldn't be surprised if it's happened or been attempted. In state? Yes, they will go after them. This is after the order is issued.

The law (MGL Chp 209A S 3B) states in part:

Jon,

Can he 'legally' transfer guns that the law (such as it is) says he had no legal right to possess?

OR are these simply lost through 'forfeiture'?

I would think the law would view this as though he were any other criminal owning guns illegally, and therefore not extend any options to move the guns to someone else.

Last edited:
Ron,

Can he 'legally' transfer guns that the law (such as it is) says he had no legal right to possess?

OR are these simply lost through 'forfeiture'?
If you're talking about the original article, the firearms are now evidence. He could have transfered them to a dealer before the SHTF.

Simply Stated

Restraining Order = Officer Ben Dover at your door .

It Sucks and its not fair but they come for the Guns first thing with a restraing order.

Usually the poor bastard doesnt even know about the restraining order before he hears the first knock on the door.

Thats what happened to my friend, Knock on the door , Hello we are here to let you know your wife took out a restraing order on you (heres your Copy) and Give us all you guns Now!!!!!

The guns are not "stolen". They are surrendered by the defendant per the law that was passed and signed by legislators voted into office by "We the people".
The defendant has the right to transfer the firearms to a licensed dealer.

hmmmm.

Well, that's right up there with "The People" taking away someone's home to build a freeway ramp or a mall. Legal, but immoral.

(v) steal (take without the owner's consent)

Back
Top Bottom