Dropped off Re-Application

My current LTC S&T doesn't expire for 4 more years. I've been talking to the town I moved to and it doesn't seem like they're going to help me, even though they're a town that allegedly only gives out ALP.

But, I've dropped off my early re-application anyway. There's nothing in the law that says you can't apply early. So wish me luck. I'll keep you posted.

Good luck SR!
I'm in the same shoes. The only difference is, Newton unlike your town, is not known for widely giving ALPs. I'm trying to get an appointment with the officer in charge to talk it over prior to dropping off my early re-application. I wonder if our attorneys could comment on this.

Last edited:
Jack- I've posted about this a few times, and the end of it all is that everything is up to the discretion of the local Chief. He's the one that has to sign off on us.
I tried to beef up my application by using a lawyer friend as my top reference (and yes, I did put "Esq" after his name, just to make damn sure they knew he was a lawyer) and by stapling copies of my Mass State Police instructor certificate and NRA instructor/Range Safety Officer certificates.
We'll see what they say. Good luck with your issue, too. What type of Class A did they give you in Newton?

Lynne said:
Good luck hun. Did you list your married name as the reason for reapplying so soon?
Yep. I've spoken to the detective in charge several times and the reasons I was using at first didn't seem to matter. So on my reason for application I just wrote "all lawful purposes: name on LTC is no longer my legal name, would like license to match all other ID."

We'll see if that gets them to run me through the system and upgrade me. I just hope I don't get jacked and wind up with a S&T with my new name [rolleyes]

Jen,

It is almost never to late to amend you LTC application. I'd recommend you give a more detailed reason as to why you fear injury and from time to time need to carry a firearm to protect yourself. Particularize your reasons to your life, lifestyle, and personal history.

Merely writing something to the effect that "I'd like an ALP Class A LTC" won't get it done in many cities and towns in MA.

Cross-X said:
Jen,

It is almost never to late to amend you LTC application. I'd recommend you give a more detailed reason as to why you fear injury and from time to time need to carry a firearm to protect yourself. Particularize your reasons to your life, lifestyle, and personal history.

Merely writing something to the effect that "I'd like an ALP Class A LTC" won't get it done in many cities and towns in MA.
Darius, I've spoken with the detective several times and, as per his request, sent a letter explaining why I wanted to upgrade early. It was a detailed letter outlining all the reasons why I should be granted an ALP. His response was the the Chief here would not want to undermine the issuing Chief, regardless of my feelings, since it was so early to reapply. So this is just me trying to work a different angle.

Back
Top Bottom