Dropped Non-resident NH pistol permit application in the mailbox...

Mine took 7 weeks from mailbox to mailbox.
When I checked, they said that they had to make a second inquiry to MA.

Thanks all (except Racenet [thinking]) ... just trying to add to the collective timing data. Hope/expect to have it in hand by August 4th, when we head up to the family property on Winni.

Funny thing is that, as an Army brat, I grew up with only one true "home" where I seldom actually lived but always returned to each summer... New Hampshire... and that's where all the guns were. So I was completely ignorant of other states' (and federal) gun laws. It was a blissful (if legally dangerous) mindset to be in...

Got mine in the mail today, no paperwork or anything, just a license in a small invitation sized envelope.

Mailed: 5/17
Cashed: 5/22
Received: 6/20

40 days from when mailed.

Maine now, they haven't even cashed the check and that was mailed the same day as NH.

I just mailed in my application today. Finally decided to get an out of state permit for a state I like to visit. Also I have a family reunion coming up in NH with a bunch of Canadian relatives coming down. [troll]

Came home from work and was welcomed by my NH non resident license! It came all laminated. Pretty much like my MA LTC. Thought it was going to be a piece of paper.18 days door to door. Thank you NH.

I mailed mine on the 9th and they cashed the check today on the 19th.

Got mine today.

Nine days, from dropping the application in the mail to receiving the license in the mail.

Nice work NH, and thank you!

Dropped mine in the mail today, I'm liking what everyone else has been saying about turn around time...

Came home from work and was welcomed by my NH non resident license! It came all laminated. Pretty much like my MA LTC. Thought it was going to be a piece of paper.18 days door to door. Thank you NH.

Congrats!

The bolded part kills me, though. Non-residents get better permits than we do as residents. Our permits are on really thin slips of paper with no lamination.

Congrats!

The bolded part kills me, though. Non-residents get better permits than we do as residents. Our permits are on really thin slips of paper with no lamination.

The resident licensing system was purposely designed by legislators to be difficult for the state to centralize and automate. That's why the license is on thin, unlaminated paper in an unusual size/shape.

The resident licensing system was purposely designed by legislators to be difficult for the state to centralize and automate. That's why the license is on thin, unlaminated paper in an unusual size/shape.

No kidding ... I did not know that.

The original is in my small safe and I keep a copy in my truck. Never had a need for it though.

Our summer place is about 10 minutes from Wolfeboro... I'm looking forward to open-carrying while Romney's in town... I'm sure the SS would LOVE that! [rolleyes]

The bastard is at lake winni now on vacation. Saw him on a jetski. Was hoping he would fall off and drown. But, of course, couldn't be that lucky.

Back
Top Bottom