Drop in .357 SIG barrel for M&P .40 compact

Nfdbrian

NES Member
Hi there,
New member here. I was wondering if there was anybody who swapped out the .40 compact barrel for a .357 SIG barrel. I know some people have used factory S&W barrels but I guess they won't sell them anymore. I have looked at the Storm Lake Barrels which you can get no problem. From what I have read it is a direct fit swap. Also I didn't know if this was legal in Ma, as you can't get one in .357 SIG because of these great laws Mass has[rolleyes]. Thanks

I'm looking to do the same. I have an M&P 40c (compact). I want a 4" 357 barrel for it, though. Does anyone know if the full size barrels fit in the compact M&P's? I could get a factory fullsize barrel and have a smith shorten it from 4.25" to 4".

Storm Lake makes custom barrels for the M&P. I figure they are more expensive than factory, though, and come all brite and shiny. I want mine blued.

well I have some good news. I actually called S&W directly and got a .357 SIG factory barrel for my compact. They are on back order but I should have it in a couple of weeks. The best part is it was only $98 shipped. And it is a direct fit!![smile]

I'm looking to do the same. I have an M&P 40c (compact). I want a 4" 357 barrel for it, though. Does anyone know if the full size barrels fit in the compact M&P's? I could get a factory fullsize barrel and have a smith shorten it from 4.25" to 4".

Storm Lake makes custom barrels for the M&P. I figure they are more expensive than factory, though, and come all brite and shiny. I want mine blued.

A full size barrel will not work properly in a compact. The M&P uses a cone muzzle, so the barrel must be slide length specific.

A full size barrel will not work properly in a compact. The M&P uses a cone muzzle, so the barrel must be slide length specific.

Ahhh, thankyou. Think I will order a 357 barrel from Storm Lake then have someone blue it.

...are you sure, I think I recall my barrel looking rather straight. Don't recall any swelling at the end of the barrel, unless the full size ones are like that and the compact aren't. I'll have to go look.

Back
Top Bottom