Dragunov SVD/ Romak 3

I know they are different firearms and an actual SVD is rather rare. But, both only accept only 10 round magazines and no other type of magazine exists.

Do these guns count as high capacity/assault weapons or can somone with an FID card buy one?

If the gun is only made with 10 rd mags and nothing larger is available, then it (by definition) is NOT a Hi-cap gun.

As for AWB status, you'd have to compare features with the banned features list to answer that one and I don't know the gun, so I couldn't answer the question directly.

As to "Evil Features" and the RomAK 3, here's an answer.

If you buy one imported by Century, it doesn't have the Bayonet Lug, and is NOT an AWB, by the expired Federal definition. Also, it's an Import, and they still have to conform to an older law, that's still valid, unless the parts count has enough US parts. The RomAK 3 and Tiger Dragunov don't have any US parts in them.

So, by the Federal rules in effect up to Sep 2004, it's OK. If Mass uses the same criteria, you should be OK.

Check out http://www.dragunov.net/ for info on them.

The real ones, I.e. not Romaks are big $$$$$.

I read up on them once and the concenus seemed to be other than haveing a cool WARSA pact look about them, they're not as accurate as the M1A.

Back
Top Bottom