• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dracut “teens” arrest in Pelham NH for shooting out of moving car

So they had a I assume modern “Glock” with a 30 round magazine in NH. (Under 21 in MA would say no)

So the gun was from a NH resident I assume but no details in article of where it was from.

I see no charges for possession of the gun just reckless stuff.

Meaning the law in NH of constitutional carry applies to non residents? Did they just luck out they did this in NH?

Three men were arrested after police said they fired a gun from a car as they drove through Pelham.
Just after midnight on Dec. 7 several gunshots were fired from a moving car, according to a news release from the Pelham Police Department.
A Pelham officer stopped the car, and identified the driver as Joshua Hastie, 19, riding with Calvin Ritchie, 19 and Nathan Lambert, 18, all of Dracut, Mass.

All three denied firing a gun, according to a news release from the Pelham Police Department.
Police said they found a Glock pistol with a round in the chamber and a loaded 30-round pistol magazine on the ground near the car.

Police also said they found alcohol in the car, so all three men were placed in protective custody, and police seized the car.
Lt. Anne Perriello of the Pelham Police Department said Hastie, Ritchie and Lambert turned themselves in to the Pelham police department on Dec. 17, after warrants were issued for their arrest.
Ritchie has been charged with felony reckless conduct with a deadly weapon and possession of marijuana.
Hastie has been charged with felony reckless conduct with a deadly weapon.
Lambert has been charged with possession of marijuana.

Last edited:
Meaning the law in NH of constitutional carry applies to non residents?
This is well-established. We have many threads on this.
Here is the statute:
  • A person may carry a concealed loaded pistol or revolver without a license, unless such person is otherwise prohibited by New Hampshire or federal statute.

Bummer. Aerating road signs was what rural America did on Friday nights. Another tragic loss of freedom.

The problem is that Pelham isn't anywhere near being rural.

I guess what really matters from an ethical and common sense perspective is whether they were in downtown Pelham or out in the middle of nowhere. Although I have to say, there really isn't a "middle of nowhere" in Pelham.

So I gather they “borrowed” the Glock from one of the parents? I imagine they will get charged with something also, whoever it is registered to.

"All three denied firing a gun, according to a news release from the Pelham Police Department.
Police said they found a Glock pistol with a round in the chamber and a loaded 30-round pistol magazine on the ground near the car."

Story sounds plausible....I hear it happens all the time in NH. Judge will be impressed

I guess what really matters from an ethical and common sense perspective is whether they were in downtown Pelham or out in the middle of nowhere. Although I have to say, there really isn't a "middle of nowhere" in Pelham.
I used to drive through there back in the mid 80s and I remember it seemed rural.
Beer, weed and gunz...hillbilly hat trick.

Last edited:
Pelham is not rural by any means, they just have large lot sizes, but there are not a lot of places where if you fired a gun there would not be a house or business close by

What open space is left is being built on.

Let's steal dad's Glock, get baked, shotgun a 12pk of PBR and go Grand Theft Auto on the town of Pelham... probably got cell phone vids as well. Bravo to our 3 thug youts...

This is well-established. We have many threads on this.
Here is the statute:
  • A person may carry a concealed loaded pistol or revolver without a license, unless such person is otherwise prohibited by New Hampshire or federal statute.
Do you imply that an out of state NH LTC is not necessary for MA residents to conceal carry while in NH?

there was a court decision that ruled constitutional carry in NH applied to non residents too

Yeah if your out on new Boston or somewhere up there popping rounds through high way signs have fun but Pelham is busy

"All three denied firing a gun, according to a news release from the Pelham Police Department.
Police said they found a Glock pistol with a round in the chamber and a loaded 30-round pistol magazine on the ground near the car."

Story sounds plausible....I hear it happens all the time in NH. Judge will be impressed
I wonder if the PD were on the ball enough to wake up a judge to get a warrant for a gunshot residue test, and have the pistol; magazine and unused rounds fingerprinted.

Whoever the shooter was, they should be charged and should become a PP. totally reckless behavior not to mention potentially life risking to a passerby. If the firearm is found to be from someone in Dracut, they surely will get a visit and likely end up becoming a PP I’d the reasons are not crystal clear on how an underage teen was in possession of the firearm.

The Lowell Sun story is a bit more revealing, saying it happened on Windham Rd, and in front of a COP , and the muzzle flash was caught on video.

PELHAM, N.H. — Police say two teenagers from Dracut face felony charges after they fired shots from a 9mm handgun as they drove south on Windham Road in Pelham, just as they passed a police officer who was parked alongside the road.

A third Dracut teen was present as well, but he’s charged only with possession of marijuana, according to police.

Officer Michael Simes was sitting in his cruiser on Dec. 7, about 12:31 a.m., when a 2014 Ford Focus drove past his parked cruiser, with muzzle flashes from a handgun being fired clearly visible in a video captured by Simes’ cruiser.

Shots Fired in Pelham Leads to Three Arrests. For more: Shots Fired in Pelham Leads to Three Arrests pic.twitter.com/Z25H2dW86x

— Pelham Police (@PelhamNHPolice) December 18, 2020

Simes immediately pursued the vehicle, stopping it about a quarter mile away, with two other officers quickly arriving to provide backup.

Police said in a press release that Joshua Hastie, 19, of Dracut, was driving the Focus, while Calvin Richie, 19, of Dracut, was in the front passenger seat, and Nathan Lambert, 18, of Dracut, in the back.

All three teens denied shooting a gun, but police found a loaded, 30-round magazine for a handgun on the ground near the car, and a 9mm Glock handgun with a round in the chamber also in the area, according to a press release.

Police took all three teens into protective custody since alcohol was found inside the Focus, and seized the car until a search warrant was obtained, according to a press release. A search of the car turned up “further evidence,” police said. Detectives were assisted by K9 units from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Nashua Police, and Salem Police as they searched the area.

As a result of the follow-up investigation, Richie and Hastie were both arrested and charged with felony reckless conduct with a deadly weapon, according to police. Richie and Lambert were both charged with possession of marijuana.

All three will be arraigned at a later date, according to police.

Back
Top Bottom