• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Double barreled AR going into production!

I am a little amazed that the ATF would allow this. So, 2 triggers and you can have a machine gun. Ok.

http://www.americasfreedomfighters....-going-into-full-production-in-the-u-s-video/

It's not a machine gun if 1 trigger action = 1 bullet, which just gave me an amazing idea - a double trigger pack for a regular AR, every pull of the dual triggers gives you a double tap from the single barrel. I think that would be more useful and neater than two barrels. I guess the trigger pack that someone released that fires on the pull and release is close to that already.

I guess the trigger pack that someone released that fires on the pull and release is close to that already.

That's what I was about to mention. It seems this rifle does little more than that except add a lot of weight (and carry twice the ammo). Of course, if you could drop in two of those triggers, you could send 4 rounds downrange. [laugh]

it's for a lefty and a righty......I love it. If it's not out of the park expensive I'll buy one before they are banned...lmao...

It's not a machine gun if 1 trigger action = 1 bullet, which just gave me an amazing idea - a double trigger pack for a regular AR, every pull of the dual triggers gives you a double tap from the single barrel. I think that would be more useful and neater than two barrels. I guess the trigger pack that someone released that fires on the pull and release is close to that already.

Do you mean like the binary trigger system from franklin armory?

I will be impressed, however, if they can mate the barrels in such a way that the bullets land pretty close to each other at 100 yards. It won't be completely worthless at that point I guess.

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
If the barrels were mated like a SXS shotgun than the POI wouldn't be that far off for closer range shooting as you look down the centerline of the pair but the bolt assembly would be tricky.

I'm in the gay camp on this one.[wink]

Now that's a showstopper!!

article-2722144-2073504B00000578-904_306x423.jpg

I'm sure anybody who bought that double barrel 1911 a couple years ago will be all over this.

Back
Top Bottom