Donating Meat to Food Banks, Soup Kitchens

Anybody have any experience in donating your kills to a food bank or soup kitchen? I know there are programs to cull geese, e.g. near airports, and donate the meat to such organizations, but am wondering if individual hunters can do something similar in Massachusetts.

Last i had heard soup kitchens in MA would not take game meat. Im not sure if thats true or not or what.

Ive donated plenty of venison to shelters in CT before and they love to get it.

You can likely contact hunters for the hungry and see if they have somewhere in ma to take extra game meat

I remember looking into this many moons ago, but I don't remember if it was Ma or NH. You can donate, BUT, it haD to be processed and inspected in a USDA facility.

Good luck trying to find one that will take a DEER

I used to donate 2-3 deer a year to the Memphis food bank when I lived in TN. We would bring our deer to the processor and pay to have the whole deer ground into burger and sausage and the food bank would pick up the meat and sent me a nice thank you card in the mail. More states should do this since venison is better than 90% of the crap we eat on a daily basis

I remember looking into this many moons ago, but I don't remember if it was Ma or NH. You can donate, BUT, it haD to be processed and inspected in a USDA facility.

Good luck trying to find one that will take a DEER

Thats MA. And why i couldnt donate. I brought a bunch down one day and they said they wouldnt take it cause it was processed by yours truly and i wasnt usda certified or some bullshit

So i brought it to CT on my next hunting trip down and they took it and thanked me and said they would take any amount i was willing to provide. WTF i shoot the deer in ct anyway. Over the years ive brought them well over 200 pounds

And once again proof that MA govt regulations just continue to hurt people

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom