DOJ to reschedule cannabis/pot/marijuana to Schedule-III

The hazards of editing. I had originally written "not doing synthetic opioids because heroin is schedule 1", then dropped the heroin reference because it didn't flow with the rest of the sentence. I assumed the reader would be smart enough to get the inference. It seems that I was mistaken.

LOL, what? Opioids are not derived from heroin. Heroin is an opioid, just a specific type and format. There have never, to my knowledge, been bans on pharma using opioids, broadly, in medicine.

None, because, you know, the whole "pharmaceutical use" bit is a dodge. However, as you admit there is research going on with mescaline, it would seem to render your "you can't do research on schedule 1 drugs" theme moot. The existence of legitimate, reproducible medical benefits would create a market for legal synthetic cannabinoids analogous to the market for synthetic opioids. The lack of real benefits is why big Pharma isn't pushing it.

Again, LOL, what? You admit that there are no pharma studies on mescaline abroad… but earlier you claimed that mescaline was being researched abroad despite no U.S. market for sales.

As for the independent and university research, none of that will get it approved for medical use in the U.S. That’s not how the FDA and pharmaceutical industry work.

Damn imagine concerning yourself so much with others choices 🤣
I find people who shunned it and judged people when it was illegal are now the biggest habitual users. For every guy “smoking a joint” there’s 3 more on edibles vapes or teas

I’ve said it before I know brilliant stoners and complete idiots, and I can say the same with my sober encounters..

If you only knew how much swinging youd do.

Besides the new rage with the self medication crowd is magic mushroom micro dosing, a favorite of cops and fire fighters I’m told cause it won’t show up on a drug test
I don't think it is concerning yourself with other peoples choices.

Should be the same as drinking. You can't drink in the parking lot of the local MB, but as of the past couple years, you apparently can smoke weed in the parking lot.

You can't drive while drunk, should be the same for being high.

Public intoxication is a thing, it should be subject to Marijuana also.

EVERY PUBLIC AREA SMELLS LIKE WEED.

Why would I care what police and firefighters do? They are not a moral compass.

First of all, synthetic opioids are not all schedule 1. Hydrocodone, methadone, hydromorphone, meperidine, oxycodone/OxyContin, and fentanyl are all Schedule 2.

Hell, cocaine and meth are schedule 2.
This is my proof that the DEA is a complete joke. Either they don't care that cannabis was mis-scheduled this whole time (for people control purposes), or they knew it and were dumb to update the scheduling. Either way, it shows total incompetency.

Last edited:
This is my proof that the DEA is a complete joke. Either they don't care that cannabis was mis-scheduled this whole time (for control purposes),or they knew it and were dumb to update the scheduling. Either way, it shows total incompetency.

And I’d clarify (in my view) that it was for control of the people, rather than control of the substance.

I don't think it is concerning yourself with other peoples choices.

Should be the same as drinking. You can't drink in the parking lot of the local MB, but as of the past couple years, you apparently can smoke weed in the parking lot.

You can't drive while drunk, should be the same for being high.

Public intoxication is a thing, it should be subject to Marijuana also.

EVERY PUBLIC AREA SMELLS LIKE WEED.

Why would I care what police and firefighters do? They are not a moral compass.

Intoxication, huh? You should be more worried about all the people walking around out there on mood altering prescription drugs. They're far more of a threat than a stoner could ever be. And wgaf about smelling it in public? If that's where the argument currently stands you've lost (not you specifically, HA Jr.).

As evidenced by them moving this to a different schedule and not just decriminalizing it completely. It's almost as if they want to retain some leverage to selectively prosecute people...
S6kLx-z-bER7V4VpwfNDng_store_banner_image.jpeg

As much as I hate weed the laws against it are just stupid.

That said, I think they should legalize it but if you find some a-hole smoking it outside of work or in his car or while out shopping, you can smack him in the head no more than 3 times with a wooden baseball bat. (Aluminum would be excessive.)

WTF is wrong with people??? Is weed THAT addictive? Does your life suck THAT much. Damn. People didn't closet-drink that much. Now some tool that didn't as much toke a joint 5 years ago can't go 30 minutes without sparking up. This country is doomed. Damn. And I'd love to blame the Gen-Z and younger Millenials, but more often than not it's some 40-yo loser.

Baseball bats. I think of how much upper-body conditioning I'd get.

If your personal habits impact other people's quality of life (never mind killing or maiming them) then y'all need to think about it.

Smoke a joint, drink a mai tai or ten, who cares? Get behind the wheel and it becomes MY business and you deserve that whack upside the head with a bat.

Walking down the street (or maybe staggering) doesn't quite rise to a whack, but damn that is inconsiderate.

People that allow their own vices to potentially kill or maim others need to Darwin themselves.

You know... You can buy cans of bottled oxygen at Walmart (meant for people with asthma or whatever being short of breath). A squirt of that at a lit "cigarette" would probably elicit an interesting (brief and startling but not very dangerous) chemical reaction.

Intoxication, huh? You should be more worried about all the people walking around out there on mood altering prescription drugs. They're far more of a threat than a stoner could ever be. And wgaf about smelling it in public? If that's where the argument currently stands you've lost (not you specifically, HA Jr.).
Who said I was not worried about them? Stoners can snap just like drunks or any one else with their mind altered.

Yes, I care. When I am stuck in traffic on the pike and the guy in front of me can't wait to get home to smoke and he makes the interior of my car smell.

Or when I have to walk through a snoop dog concert with my nephew to go get a burger, yes I care, just like I would if I had to walk through people getting drunk tailgating at the MB.

But please, go on telling me what I should and should not care about.

As evidenced by them moving this to a different schedule and not just decriminalizing it completely. It's almost as if they want to retain some leverage to selectively prosecute people...
They've had so much success imprisoning people for mere possession in the last 100 years, why would they let go of that?

Frankly, fine. The number of people transitioning to illegal drug use after therapeutic use is pretty damn small. But, the illegal diversion gave states such as MA a great excuse for a shakedown. And, now, people with legitimate needs for opiods (cancer patients, for one) are struggling to get some types.

The negative opinions of cannabis drives a lack of research also.

Use of cannabis for pain/nausea relief in cancer patients is very well accepted even if it isn't well studied - for those involved, who cares about the cause of action if for them it works and allows them to better tolerate their treatment or live out their last days in less pain.

But if in the end there is really isn't any miracle compounds found in cannabis, the government simply doesn't have the right to restrict its use any further than that of alcohol.

Snap - v - To suffer a physical or mental breakdown, especially while under stress.

Not at all in the same realm or percentage as alcohol. The number of drunk people who “snap” and get violent is staggering.

There is some research indicating that marijuana may trigger a temporary onset of schizophrenia in people who are genetically predisposed to schizophrenia. There are also increased risks to the brains of children who use weed.

But this all is an immensely smaller percentage of users than drunks who “snap”.

Who said I was not worried about them? Stoners can snap just like drunks or any one else with their mind altered.

Yes, I care. When I am stuck in traffic on the pike and the guy in front of me can't wait to get home to smoke and he makes the interior of my car smell.

Or when I have to walk through a snoop dog concert with my nephew to go get a burger, yes I care, just like I would if I had to walk through people getting drunk tailgating at the MB.

But please, go on telling me what I should and should not care about.
When I get stuck in traffic why should I have to smell the exhaust from your car in my EV?
While I don't like having to smell people's weed in public places, that's part of being in public - a free people are jot likely to agree on how to enjoy freedom.

The guy in traffic smoking weed is an issue for impaired driving not for simply annoying you.

Not at all in the same realm or percentage as alcohol. The number of drunk people who “snap” and get violent is staggering.

There is some research indicating that marijuana may trigger a temporary onset of schizophrenia in people who are genetically predisposed to schizophrenia. There are also increased risks to the brains of children who use weed.

But this all is an immensely smaller percentage of users than drunks who “snap”.
Never said it wasn't.

When I get stuck in traffic why should I have to smell the exhaust from your car in my EV?
While I don't like having to smell people's weed in public places, that's part of being in public - a free people are jot likely to agree on how to enjoy freedom.

The guy in traffic smoking weed is an issue for impaired driving not for simply annoying you.
First, it is not illegal to drive my car in a public space, it is illegal to smoke weed in a public space, as is drinking.

I agree, the main argument is impaired driving, but I was just describing a situation on how smoking in public affects my personal space (inside my vehicle).

I agree, the main argument is impaired driving, but I was just describing a situation on how smoking in public affects my personal space (inside my vehicle).

So people shouldn't be allowed to smoke cigarettes in their cars either? I get that it sucks to have to smell other people's activities in your personal space, but in the scheme of things it's pretty minor.

First, it is not illegal to drive my car in a public space, it is illegal to smoke weed in a public space, as is drinking.

You stated you don't want to smell the weed. That's what I answered.

If a passenger is smoking then there is no impaired operation but you will still be inconvenienced with the smell.

If you want a true personal space then update your car to full hepa filtered outside air.
What if the guy in front of you is smoking a nasty cheap cigar? That's legal while still being highly annoying.

Government pushed the pendulum too far on weed and now it's swinging back. The right thing to do is let it find equilibrium not to slam your thumb back on the scales because you are annoyed by others over indulging.

As for the independent and university research, none of that will get it approved for medical use in the U.S. That’s not how the FDA and pharmaceutical industry work.
Do tell. There's a fair list of independent companies that have done drug research and development that ended up being approved for medical use. A local example would be MyoKardia going from a $40,000,000 startup in 2012 to a $13,000,000,000 buyout by BMS 8 years later. MyoKardia developed and ran mavacamten through phase 3 clinicals on its own. It's amazing that you think that doesn't occur.

That you don't know the above is fairly indicative that you don't know what you're talking about WRT pharmaceutical development and are just making it up as you roll along. And in light of that, I'm going to stop wasting my time on you.

Do tell. There's a fair list of independent companies that have done drug research and development that ended up being approved for medical use. A local example would be MyoKardia going from a $40,000,000 startup in 2012 to a $13,000,000,000 buyout by BMS 8 years later. MyoKardia developed and ran mavacamten through phase 3 clinicals on its own. It's amazing that you think that doesn't occur.

That you don't know the above is fairly indicative that you don't know what you're talking about WRT pharmaceutical development and are just making it up as you roll along. And in light of that, I'm going to stop wasting my time on you.

😆 They were a f***ing pharma company, just small.

When I say “independent research”, I’m talking about strictly research institutions. Not drug manufacturers.

Fact, pharma companies need to pay for FDA approved studies. And only with those studies will any medical uses be approved. And international pharma is not going to fund studies when the U.S. market will be closed for sales. It’s too big of the market and too much of their higher profit margin market. So much of the world has very low profit margin for medicine. They need the U.S. market.

I really have no idea where the f*** you’re going with your train of thought.

So people shouldn't be allowed to smoke cigarettes in their cars either? I get that it sucks to have to smell other people's activities in your personal space, but in the scheme of things it's pretty minor.
Is it illegal to smoke cigarettes in your car? I am pretty sure it is not (unless you have a minor in your vehicle).

I am pretty sure it is illegal to smoke weed in your vehicle.

I assume you don't because of what you're posting about its effects.
You know what they say about assuming.

Also, it is good to understand the effects of something that you are putting into your body.

Just because things do/don't effect you, doesn't mean that others share your experiences.

My buddy gets very paranoid when he smokes, he will snap if ypu say the wrong thing to him. Same with my brother when he drinks. I am mellow when I do either.

Just because you have a bias towards something, doesn't mean your opinion is correct.

Back
Top Bottom