DOJ to reschedule cannabis/pot/marijuana to Schedule-III

What happens to the thousands in prison for weed possession/distribution??
hq720.jpg

I'm just hoping this change can make legalization a non-issue for the upcoming New Hampshire state-level elections
They stay there. It was a crime when they were convicted. A stupid crime, but still a crime.
Distribution will remain a crime, and after the October 6, 2022 proclamation, nobody is in federal prison for simple weed possession.

As much as I hate weed the laws against it are just stupid.

That said, I think they should legalize it but if you find some a-hole smoking it outside of work or in his car or while out shopping, you can smack him in the head no more than 3 times with a wooden baseball bat. (Aluminum would be excessive.)

WTF is wrong with people??? Is weed THAT addictive? Does your life suck THAT much. Damn. People didn't closet-drink that much. Now some tool that didn't as much toke a joint 5 years ago can't go 30 minutes without sparking up. This country is doomed. Damn. And I'd love to blame the Gen-Z and younger Millenials, but more often than not it's some 40-yo loser.

Baseball bats. I think of how much upper-body conditioning I'd get.
Is this satire? I seriously can't tell.

As much as I hate weed the laws against it are just stupid.

That said, I think they should legalize it but if you find some a-hole smoking it outside of work or in his car or while out shopping, you can smack him in the head no more than 3 times with a wooden baseball bat. (Aluminum would be excessive.)

WTF is wrong with people??? Is weed THAT addictive? Does your life suck THAT much. Damn. People didn't closet-drink that much. Now some tool that didn't as much toke a joint 5 years ago can't go 30 minutes without sparking up. This country is doomed. Damn. And I'd love to blame the Gen-Z and younger Millenials, but more often than not it's some 40-yo loser.

Baseball bats. I think of how much upper-body conditioning I'd get.
Damn imagine concerning yourself so much with others choices 🤣
I find people who shunned it and judged people when it was illegal are now the biggest habitual users. For every guy “smoking a joint” there’s 3 more on edibles vapes or teas

I’ve said it before I know brilliant stoners and complete idiots, and I can say the same with my sober encounters..

If you only knew how much swinging youd do.

Besides the new rage with the self medication crowd is magic mushroom micro dosing, a favorite of cops and fire fighters I’m told cause it won’t show up on a drug test

[Hunter Biden has joined the chat]

The question merely implements underlying federal law, thus the question on the 4473 is "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?" will stand, though the explanation around it might need another rewrite, but the question itself stands.

Schedule III drugs are still controlled substances, so absent a prescription, DOJ is free to argue that unlawful users are fiends prohibited persons. Additionally, having a prescription doesn't nullify the "addicted to" language, see below.

DOJ has successfully argued that 922(g)(3) applies to everybody "addicted to ...a controlled substance", even if obtained under a prescription, going so far as to argue that a prescription for SUBOXONE® or methadone (any drug designated for the treatment of opioid dependence) is prima facia evidence of narcotic addiction.

If it's no longer against the law though....

They stay there. It was a crime when they were convicted. A stupid crime, but still a crime.

They shouldn't be. The law is about public safety and security, it's not about compliance. Stupid laws should be broken. Nobody benefits by keeping them in jail. Nobody. It costs us money as taxpayers, it obviously costs the people in jail their freedom, etc. There's zero legitimate reason for keeping someone in jail for something that is not a crime, EVEN IF IT WAS A CRIME when they did it.

I'm just hoping this change can make legalization a non-issue for the upcoming New Hampshire state-level elections

Distribution will remain a crime, and after the October 6, 2022 proclamation, nobody is in federal prison for simple weed possession.

This is only true for federal convictions. Nothing about state convictions.

And just two years later, that guy was a fireman on the same city's payroll as Joe.
I used to watch this show on Nick at night in my teens with a case of the munchies 🤣 I remember this episode (even though my mind should be mush and i probably should have OD’d by 18)

But wouldn't a medical MJ card go from being proof of use of an unlawful drug to being proof of legal use of MJ?
No. A card is not a prescription, and it being explicitly "not a prescription" is the only way that providers will sign off on a card.

They risked their prescription privileges if they had written even a recommendation for use.

No. A card is not a prescription, and it being explicitly "not a prescription" is the only way that providers will sign off on a card.
They risked their prescription privileges if they had written even a recommendation for use.
That was due to being on Schedule I, should change sometime after the move to Schedule III?

Many that were in prison here in Missouri for just using pot have been released when recreational pot was “legalized” about two years ago. I don’t know if their record has been expunged but I think it has been.

But once it is a schedule III, they can write those prescriptions.

That said, it may be a while. Shifting to Schedule III will enable pharma and universities to start doing legitimate research. Prescriptions still may not come around until there is more medical research.

The plural of "anecdote" is not "data". There is a stunning lack of valid studies showing either medical benefts or safety.

Thousands of professional scientists would disagree. LOL

Is this satire? I seriously can't tell.
Neither can I. [rofl]

Damn imagine concerning yourself so much with others choices 🤣
I find people who shunned it and judged people when it was illegal are now the biggest habitual users. For every guy “smoking a joint” there’s 3 more on edibles vapes or teas

I’ve said it before I know brilliant stoners and complete idiots, and I can say the same with my sober encounters..

If you only knew how much swinging youd do.

Besides the new rage with the self medication crowd is magic mushroom micro dosing, a favorite of cops and fire fighters I’m told cause it won’t show up on a drug test

1. It saddens me to realize that people need to be on da-Reefah 24/7. What they need is a good smack upside the head. I think the same thing of the dolts getting a Fru-Fru coffee at Dunkies every morning with extra-extra whipped cream. I think, "Damn. My future health insurance premiums are gonna go through the roof." Both the Fru-Fru and the Ree-Ree are OCCASIONAL USE items. You've got a screw loose if you are taking them on the regular. Period. (Forgive me, I don't get affected much by sugar, caffeine or other substances. I'm a cheap date, though. LOL I can probably count the # of alcoholic beverages I have per year not b/c I don't like being buzzed but it just isn't worth the calories they cost me.)

2. I don't want to smell it. You don't want to smell it. No one but a pot head wants to smell it. Once you've gone beyond "my body my choice my stupidity" it's ceased to become a just-you issue. Mind you, if you want to toke up in your back yard and your back yard fronts my back yard, I'm not going to do a thing about it. A man's land is his castle. But driving down Main St so everyone has to smell it? Baseball bats. Again, wooden ones. I'm not unreasonable. LOL

Neither can I. [rofl]

1. It saddens me to realize that people need to be on da-Reefah 24/7. What they need is a good smack upside the head. I think the same thing of the dolts getting a Fru-Fru coffee at Dunkies every morning with extra-extra whipped cream. I think, "Damn. My future health insurance premiums are gonna go through the roof." Both the Fru-Fru and the Ree-Ree are OCCASIONAL USE items. You've got a screw loose if you are taking them on the regular. Period. (Forgive me, I don't get affected much by sugar, caffeine or other substances. I'm a cheap date, though. LOL I can probably count the # of alcoholic beverages I have per year not b/c I don't like being buzzed but it just isn't worth the calories they cost me.)

2. I don't want to smell it. You don't want to smell it. No one but a pot head wants to smell it. Once you've gone beyond "my body my choice my stupidity" it's ceased to become a just-you issue. Mind you, if you want to toke up in your back yard and your back yard fronts my back yard, I'm not going to do a thing about it. A man's land is his castle. But driving down Main St so everyone has to smell it? Baseball bats. Again, wooden ones. I'm not unreasonable. LOL
Regarding #1. Why are you so concerned with what other people do with their bodies. Were you just as concerned with people around you getting vaxxed? If not, you’re lacking intellectual consistency. Maybe just worry about yourself and what you’re putting into your body? Why do you care what a stranger eats, smokes, takes for medicine, drinks, has for tattoos or piercings?
Regarding #2. Is this more satire? You honestly care at all about smelling weed in public? Do you take the same hard stance on cigarettes? You seem super sensitive honestly.

Neither can I. [rofl]

Buddy you can’t smell the edibles and you can hardly tell if a vape is the evil weeds anymore

Like I said your arms would be jello from swinging cause you don’t have a clue how many people are stoned around you every day

Now I do agree with you on smoking in public, I personally don’t mind the smell but I don’t need my kids to smell it or be exposed to it on the regular and I’m sure there’s people with legit reactions to it.

Maybe it’s dealing with people like you every day people find the need to partake 🤣

Shifting to Schedule III will enable pharma and universities to start doing legitimate research.
Meh. It's been legal for medical use in Canada for over 20 years and there's still no rush for hard research.

Repeat after me: "If 'Alternative Medicine' really worked, it would be called 'Medicine'."

Meh. It's been legal in a bunch of places around the world, and there's still no rush for hard research.

Repeat after me: "If 'Alternative Medicine' really worked, it would be called 'Medicine'."

… Okay: Cannabidiol in the Treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: A Case Series

We get it, you have a high and tight and yell at all those long haired hippies. But you’re ignoring that it can’t be called “medicine” while it is a schedule I, and it was made a schedule I without any proper research. Keep yelling at the clouds.

IMG_0510.jpeg

Fact is that yes there has been some research, but without being able to do it in the U.S., that severely hamstrings the amount of research that can be done. Same thing with psilocybin research.

Bottom line to my point, MDs are going to need research and the FDA to approve uses before they’ll be doing prescriptions. And now that research and approval can happen.

I personally can’t stand weed. But it’s important to keep a scientific mind when dealing with medicinal research… you know… science. Let’s let real research actually be conducted. And that couldn’t happen while it was a schedule I.

Yep, we can only trust companies like Pfizer and Moderna to create medicines to help us. If a bunch of people don’t make billions and the .gov doesn’t sign off, there’s no way it can help people right? 🙄

Meh. It's been legal for medical use in Canada for over 20 years and there's still no rush for hard research.

How did that opioid based medicine craze work out?

Back
Top Bottom