Does Walmart carry any decent camo clothing?

your decoys will get shot. thats a guarantee.

This is also the reason that, while turkey hunting, it is important to be 100% camo'd. When you're calling, you want other hunters to see nothing but trees. Showing any little bit of flesh, or other colors (especially red!) can have disastrous results.

Be safe out there folks.

the problem is people that shoot at noise. or your decoys.

get one of these: LOL

images

or one of these:
turkey-costume.jpg

If you hate your neighbors dog, this is a good decoy:

11-20-2006.jpg

Last edited:
Hey arlow, get ready to laugh again!

So uh... why wouldn't hotshot up there be wearing something (silly) usable for deer? Well over 500 sq. inches of orange, has movement, breaks up the outline, and he could dance assassin any big buck in the state. (Assuming homie up top was using a shotgun, and not a bow.)

Hey arlow, get ready to laugh again!

So uh... why wouldn't hotshot up there be wearing something (silly) usable for deer? Well over 500 sq. inches of orange, has movement, breaks up the outline, and he could dance assassin any big buck in the state. (Assuming homie up top was using a shotgun, and not a bow.)

Turkey are not colorblind as deer are. They can see orange as well as you if not better which is why you are allowed to be in full camo.

So this is weird: I sent in the check for my turkey tags, and with that I included a self-addressed stamped envelope. The other day I got that envelope back, but the only thing in it was the little card with the green stickers in it. No turkey tags. I guess what the deal is, is that if you include a self-addressed envelope with your check for turkey tags, they will send you the stickers first. I will wait a little longer for the letter with the tags I guess?

Testing the pattern on my new (to me) 1187 tomorrow morning. Giggity giggity.

So this is weird: I sent in the check for my turkey tags, and with that I included a self-addressed stamped envelope. The other day I got that envelope back, but the only thing in it was the little card with the green stickers in it. No turkey tags. I guess what the deal is, is that if you include a self-addressed envelope with your check for turkey tags, they will send you the stickers first. I will wait a little longer for the letter with the tags I guess?

Testing the pattern on my new (to me) 1187 tomorrow morning. Giggity giggity.

Because you included the self -addressed envelope they assumed you wanted stickers. You do not need to send in an envelope with the tags. They mass print the turkey tags a little before the season and put them into window envelopes. The state pays the postage for all of the tags they are sending back (Turkey, Bear, and doe permits).

All turkey permits are group processed shortly before the season and mailed out in bulk. You won't see the permits for awhile yet.

Bob

Ah. OK thanks.

I tested out the 1187 this weekend with Federal #5 magnum turkey load. First shot at about 35 yards put a nice dinnerplate-size group right in the kill zone. Beautiful.

Hopefully you have better luck than I did last season when i was hunting deer and ran into a bunch of turkeys!

0313011708.jpg

Awesome picture! A picture is truly worth a thousand words. I can only imagine your frustration.

ETA: I saw a bunch of camo stuff on clearance at the walpole walmart on friday.

Back
Top Bottom