• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Does anyone make adecent boresighting laser ?

Does anyone make a decent bore sighting tool. I have two of the $100+ and they last maybe a year or two. Usually they start to get intermittent and then nothing. ey both use a 3 bqttery roll around box for a switch which is probably the problem.

Does anyone make a decent bore sighting tool. I have two of the $100+ and they last maybe a year or two. Usually they start to get intermittent and then nothing. ey both use a 3 bqttery roll around box for a switch which is probably the problem.
i think i have a couple that i got when i was still thinking it was needed.
but to look through the barrel is actually way more effective than to mess with that laser that is never aligned with the barrel properly anyway.

Wheeler. I’ve tried tons and other than wheeler the rest suck. Wheeler gets you close fast and then you can sight in to get it precise very quickly. You do have try to position the wheeler best you can to line it up with the bore and sight to a shorter distance with the laser, but I’ve had the best success with it compared to the other solutions out there.

Don't forget to remove it before first shot!
I like to use the Wheeler in our backyard, prior to heading to the range.

If someone hasn't used one before, placing the Wheeler on a rifle that's already been zeroed can give you an idea of what you're looking to see fromt it.

A new Wheeler laser should come with a plastic film over the magnet, and a reflective target. If it didn't, and the surface of the magnet looks scratched, I'd suspect it is a used/returned item.

Back
Top Bottom