• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Doctor's and guns

Standard liberal pro-gun control bullshit. No need to give WaPo clicks unless you didn't know that doctors only want to keep you safe and would never, NEVER infringe upon your right to let your children shoot their best friend in the face which will totally happen if you have guns or let your children play with other children whose parents have guns and you should call the police on them right now if you are concerned about it.

As far as I know, my boys' doc has never asked. I've instructed my boys to politely tell the Doc that we don't discuss either our valuables or home security with anyone. Plus if he asks he's going to get a visit from me where I explain that I don't go to my firearms instructor for medical advice and I'm sure I have more training in firearms safety than he does.

WaPo, NYT, BBC, CBS News, CNN, LA Times, The Guardian, MSNBC, NY Daily News, USA Today, The Independent, and others have used Shooting Tracker propaganda as stats.

I don't carry when I have my Annual Physical.

Living in MA, it just does not seem wise.

Do you let your Physician see your Firearm ?

I don't carry when I have my Annual Physical.

Living in MA, it just does not seem wise.

Do you let your Physician see your Firearm ?

My buddy says he changes into the johnnie and folds the clothes he was wearing into a pile on the chair next to him. When the exam's done, he says he goes back to normal like nothing happened.

I guess some things don't need to be said. The only thing it would matter is when they're weighing you and you're carrying. It might throw the weight off a little.

Last edited:
When my son went for his annual physical I told him the Dr. would ask this question, my wife didn't understand and didn't believe me. I told him if the doctor asks to say no and leave it at that. He was a bit confused and wanted to know why the doctor would ask or care for that matter. My son is 13 so my wife stayed in the room for a bit and then doctor asked my wife if she would mid stepping out, she didn't think about it, he's 13 so you know puberty and everything that goes with that. Well sure enough the doctor waited until she left the room and asked the question, he answered no and was excited to tell me so when he got home. Sad state that is has come to this, I felt it was sneaky that she waited until my left, we are looking for a new doctor, not only because of that but I don't think he wants to see a female doctor any more.

My doctor never asks, we talk about golf and that's about it.

When my son went for his annual physical I told him the Dr. would ask this question, my wife didn't understand and didn't believe me. I told him if the doctor asks to say no and leave it at that. He was a bit confused and wanted to know why the doctor would ask or care for that matter. My son is 13 so my wife stayed in the room for a bit and then doctor asked my wife if she would mid stepping out, she didn't think about it, he's 13 so you know puberty and everything that goes with that. Well sure enough the doctor waited until she left the room and asked the question, he answered no and was excited to tell me so when he got home. Sad state that is has come to this, I felt it was sneaky that she waited until my left, we are looking for a new doctor, not only because of that but I don't think he wants to see a female doctor any more.

Bastards!!

Sadly, lots of pediatricians are indoctrinated to put guns in the home on par with child abuse.

You've just got to network to find a doctor who doesn't ask these inane questions.

I wouldn't give a doctor my family's business if such asinine questions were asked.

I never had to tell my doctor anything, he could clearly see my gun in the holster with my pants draped over the chair. None of his nurses ever had a problem with it in 27 years either.

My doc asks " what are you carrying today?"
He's awesome

My son's pediatrician is a family friend. He knows where i stand and the question only came up once at his practice. My daughter was getting her physical and the nurse asked the question, my daughters response was" That's Dads business not mine. Never came up again.

I practice medicine as an NP (same privileges as an MD in Massachusetts) and I never ask about firearms unless someone actually tells me they are thinking of hurting themselves or others. Or, they're exhibiting significant mental illness and hinting something. Otherwise, it is not my business IMHO.

This question does not bother me at all. I understand why some of you get pissed about it, but I know when my kids doctor asked it was because she actually cares about the well being of her patients. There was no anti vibe from her at all.

Before you start yelling "statist!" At me, let me make one point.

You guys do realize that most people are stupid right? Like "how the F do you remember how to breathe?" Stupid.

You also realize that these full retard mouth breathers are allowed to buy guns with no safety training in most states, right? And finally that most of these semi functional retards also tend to have more children that the minority of us that can rub two brain cells together?

So long as no government accessible lists are being created and it is only a quick chat about safety, I'm cool with it.

The pediatrician also asked about our pool, if we had any questions about care seats and if we needed and free child proofing books or equipment for the house.

It's just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom