• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do you object to teachers carrying at school poll.

If they are trained and sane I say let them carry, it ain't going to be for everyone, but for those that can I say Lock & Load.

Tim ~ [thumbsup]

I'm fine with it without training. Anyone over 21 who has an LTC (or copy of the constitution in a better state) should be allowed to carry wherever the F they want.

If they are trained and sane I say let them carry, it ain't going to be for everyone, but for those that can I say Lock & Load.

Tim ~ [thumbsup]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Would you object to trained teachers and staff carrying firearms at your child's school?[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica] Yes[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica] 27.9%[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica] No[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica] 72.1%[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica] Total votes: 1333[/FONT]

Looks like it's climbing!

Voted

Would you object to trained teachers and staff carrying firearms at your child's school?
Yes 25.9%
No 74.1%
Total votes: 1448

I'm fine with it without training. Anyone over 21 who has an LTC (or copy of the constitution in a better state) should be allowed to carry wherever the F they want.

I am all for the right to carry anyplace anytime, in this case working with children and carrying might need a little special care, it would not hurt to get some sort of training on how to handle things, there is more to it than just belting on the holster in the morning and heading off to the school, education is always a good thing, I have been a mechanic all my life, I still jump at the chance to learn something new anytime I can, it betters me and my work in turn is a better quality, that helps with costs and keeps the customers happy, in the Army we trained most everyday to keep sharp, having teachers packing is ok in my eyes, as teachers I am sure they should share the same enthusiasm as I do to learn, I am sure it would make them feel safer and more confident in a bad situation, if not! maybe that would be a flag to say this person may not be the wise choice to carry.

IMHO

Tim ~ [thumbsup]

When Trayvon was killed, the media made it out like some innocent child was the victim. What about the real innocent children? We pack them onto the worlds least-safe vehicles every day, and send them to the most vulnerable places in the country.

The only counter to deranged lunatics with illegal guns, is good people with legal guns.

This is where I stopped reading. It's for the children [rolleyes]

So, you don't think a level of training should be required? It's not like you are only protecting yourself-you are being asked to protect the lives of those on your charge. I am all for training for these scenarios. Ignorant comments like yours are, well, simply ignorant and short sighted.

sent via carrier pigeon from a secret squirrel camp

Let me guess....... Veteran teacher drives a Prius with a Granny Warren sticker.

Are you kidding me? It is a terrible idea. As a veteran teacher, I would never want to carry a gun. We are educators, not the police or the military. If you are that concerned, put police in the schools. They are trained professionals in their fields and would be less likely to make a mistake.
Posted by Veteran Teacher on Wednesday July 31, 2013 at 12:42 PM Report abuse

I am all for the right to carry anyplace anytime, in this case working with children and carrying might need a little special care, it would not hurt to get some sort of training on how to handle things, there is more to it than just belting on the holster in the morning and heading off to the school, education is always a good thing, I have been a mechanic all my life, I still jump at the chance to learn something new anytime I can, it betters me and my work in turn is a better quality, that helps with costs and keeps the customers happy, in the Army we trained most everyday to keep sharp, having teachers packing is ok in my eyes, as teachers I am sure they should share the same enthusiasm as I do to learn, I am sure it would make them feel safer and more confident in a bad situation, if not! maybe that would be a flag to say this person may not be the wise choice to carry.

IMHO

Tim ~ [thumbsup]

Very well said, and I'm in 100% agreement on all points!

Voted, getting better for "our side". Seriously, a school principal is willing to DIE to protect kids but society thinks arming her is a bad idea? Nobody said they HAVE to carry, just CAN if they choose to accept the responsibility. Just like most all of us here do every****ingday.

The security of our schools is a joke. Absolute failure while the threat is very real. Allowing teachers to lawfully carry not such a bad idea BUT hows about tighnening up security? Why is it that when we enter any other government building (or any other for that matter) there is only one way in to an anti-chamber with a comm system and/or bullet treated (films/wire/etc) or resistent/proof glass? Why do we have to verify who we are and get a visitors pass whenever we enter these buildings while schools are a free for all? How about a school resource officer in each school? Two in those HUGE schools like Brockton, New Bedford and Durfee...Not expecting us to go Israel or nohting but damn! Harden the target...denial and the feeling that it "won't happen here" is just ensuring that it will at least be considered.

If we change the law and allow teaches to carry then will there be a training element involved? It is not really as simple as yes or no...some percieve it to be but how would a 1st responder know an armed teacher from an upset parent going on a spree? During the high stress of an active shooter scenario? Do teaches know the effects of modern ammo on cinder block walls and other barriers commonly found in schools? Do they understand ammo choices, ballistics and how a "miss" can end up as "hits"? There are a lot of aspects to contemplate, think about and iron out here.

At least the poll shows that the thinking of the public is starting to slant the correct way IMHO.

Last edited:
Interesting that the poll for most of the morning was 50 - 50, and jumped to 75 - 25 when people started getting out of work...

Voted, getting better for "our side". Seriously, a school principal is willing to DIE to protect kids but society thinks arming her is a bad idea? Nobody said they HAVE to carry, just CAN if they choose to accept the responsibility. Just like most all of us here do every****ingday.
This x100

i think schools would be much safer if it were simply a possibility that teachers could effectively defend the school

Back
Top Bottom