do any of you guys collect old military ammo?

PSS

NES Member
I just came across some old military 30-06 ammo.the headstamp is:
F.A 6 06
these are frankford arsenal made in june of 1906

That's old, for sure. Does it still have the box it came in. Don't collect, just asking. Oldest US mil ammo I ever saw was a few rounds of .45 acp stamped 18 I came across a while ago. Your stuff is 12 years older, damn.

Small lot of German WWI and WWII ammo. 8mm ball, 8mm in lacquer case, steel case, 8mm tracer in orange, yellow, green, and red, 8mm for machine gun, a box of 9mm, a box of 7.92x39 for the Sturmgewehr44, and a stripper of WWI 1916 8mm of various head stamps.

T

Last edited:
I collect old ammo and have a thread somewhere on here, probably in the ammo section, from a year or so ago. Someone nearby read it and hooked me up with a bunch of old 30 06 blanks that he got. Some in the original boxes.
I also got some French 8mm ammo from another NESr after he read the thread.

1906 was the year the military switched over to .30-06, so that's about as old as it gets. Very cool!

I have some WWII and Korean War M2 ball ammo, various head stamps, that I keep as collectibles.

My brother has piles of post civil war ammo that came down through the family.

i just didn't know if anyone on here would be interested in buying some of them.obviously I'm not going to use them at the range and I don't want them to go to waste in my ammo locker just sitting around,so if anyone is interested let me know.I'd rather not ship them.Another cool bullet I found was a 56-56 Spencer rimfire.huge bullet in a little shell

I collect old ammo and have a thread somewhere on here, probably in the ammo section, from a year or so ago. Someone nearby read it and hooked me up with a bunch of old 30 06 blanks that he got. Some in the original boxes.
I also got some French 8mm ammo from another NESr after he read the thread.

Ray that was me. Did you end up shooting any of it?

Yep, I have a thing for oddball or old ammo types. Most of which came from buying for guns I have or had but saved some because of the box, country of origin, or type of cartridge it was.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1412215126306.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412215126306.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 28
Not a collector, but I did stash an .30-03 cartridge aside (sadly, it has a cracked neck) and a DWM 1897ish 7mm round.

Not that these are anything unique, but I also set aside some 1939-41 Soviet yellow-tip 54R and "E" API rounds for the Sh-KAS machine gun.

Last edited:
Swedish m/94 6.5x55 RN

m/41

Swiss "Sackmunition", 4 stripper clips w/ 7.5x55 which were to be taken home by the soldiers

German M71 11.15x60R a.k.a. 11mm Mauser. The three on the left are originals.

1940 8mm Mauser on stripper clips

Box marked "i.L." for in Ladestreifen = on stripper clips

Man, this thread has me drooling so far. I used to collect old ammo and have been wanting to get back into it. I differed somewhat from most collectors in that I like single rounds more than the usually more desirable unopened boxes.

Pulled out everything I could find; adding two 1950's era boxes of Kleenbore 45-70 Government and Winchester 8mm. Funny, the 8mm will not chamber in any 8mm receiver I have. I pulled out examples of 9mm, 7.92x39, orange tracer, 7.92x57MG, and 15 rounds of 1940 lacquered steel case.

T

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom