• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Disappointed in NES

Matt2109

NES Life Member
NES Member
Was really hoping this thread

https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...her-swag)-for-Helping-GOAL-(see-update-post-1)

would get a bunch of people to sign up and or donate to GOAL. So far 11 new members (counting families as 2) and $30 donated.

Please give the thread a second look, I am offering 2 random drawings for a $75 Cabela's gift card and some other swag, as well as matching donation to GOAL.

Give it a second look, GOAL could use the money and you might win!!! Going to let it go for one more week then pick a winner and make my donation.

Thanks!

I saw that karma and it's great. I'm already a lifetime/sustaining member, I've bought several shirts to support goal, and I've donated before and will continue to do so in the future.
But I didn't feel the need post in the karma and I have a feeling there are many others here who feel the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that karma and it's great. I'm already a lifetime/sustaining member, I've bought several shirts to support goal, and I've donated before and will continue to do so in the future.
But I didn't feel the need post in the karma and I have a feeling there are many others here who feel the same

Thanks!! I think you are right there are many sustaining members here! That is why I offered a matching (albeit small) donation to encourage more donations. Thanks for weighing in and thanks for helping GOAL!!!

yeah.. I misread the original thread post on my phone... I signed up for GOAL right after 7/20 and got the family membership.. even listed my 9 yr old. LOL.. I surely didn't sign up for GOAL for or because of this karma.

Sometimes it's hard. My MO is to buy people one-year memberships. Not everyone continues, but enough do to make a difference. I also threw $ at the MA/national orgs a month or so ago.

My next focus is the 10 or 11 senate races that matter this year. Everyone wants to know who the President will be. Outside of a SC pick (which clearly is important), the Senate will decide if Hillary gets nothing done or if the Republican tax plan, a correction of Obamacare and other legislation gets passed.

With July 20th a lot of people like myself made larger contributions before you posted asking for new people to sign up. I think there are a lot of people who are already members and donate monthly.

Hey Matt, I would not be disappointed...on the contrary, alot of NES'ers are already GOAL and Comm2A supporters. I was a volunteer at the GOAL indoor rally a while back...we signed up a shitload of new members.

I've been a contributing member for years. I also made an additional $100 donation on July 20 and $50 (I think) when I bought my Tyranny shirt. Don't worry, you are not the first to be disappointed in me.

Was really hoping this thread

https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...her-swag)-for-Helping-GOAL-(see-update-post-1)

would get a bunch of people to sign up and or donate to GOAL. So far 11 new members (counting families as 2) and $30 donated.

Please give the thread a second look, I am offering 2 random drawings for a $75 Cabela's gift card and some other swag, as well as matching donation to GOAL.

Give it a second look, GOAL could use the money and you might win!!! Going to let it go for one more week then pick a winner and make my donation.

Thanks!

You are preaching to the choir here - do not expect a bunch of sign ups. I am a GOAL member and do not even live in MA anymore.

I know I'm not alone in my boat, I'd estimate that since 7/20 I've blown about $1,800 on the firearms cause and have another $170 coming due for my range membership, I have a shopping list of stuffs for Collings I need to get- and I haven't even picked up t-shirts. Granted, about $1k of that was my 7/20 AR-15, but the rest has been tickets, donations, and raffles to either GOAL or my LGS who I also try to support. I managed to get an in on re-upping my GOAL membership, but as a younger person who is still struggling for that "career path" paycheck its tough.

I know the GOAL membership is only $30 but I'm sure I'm not alone in the painful wallet world trying to budget everything and help the cause. Might I suggest to anyone that will be doing a similar Karma raffle that entries of themselves holding a "I'm with GOAL" sign at an event should count for an entry?

I'm GOAL member #109879 exp201611 along with my wife. I renew annually with them because that's how "I" want to do it.

I bought 2 tees from the Maura gig as well as donated another 10 or so bucks to it. I honestly don't recall if it was 10 or 20.00. I'm also overdue to buy some more tees and sweatshirts from GOAL.

While I applaud your enthusiasm I'm not a newbie to this gun ownership thing nor supporting those who help fight our useless politicians who feel compelled to blame the legal gun owners for this states shortcomings when it comes to crime.

I know many members of my club are members here and they all belong to GOAL, it is a requirement. Not sure on the lack of response but it may be to many people just dont want to publicly show support for anything gun related.

I'm sorry your karma thread isn't doing well. But I would hardly think that those on NES are a disappointment. The t-shirt find raiser got GOAL near 10 grand....I believe a good portion of that money was from NES people...

Last edited:
7/21 I gave $50 to GOAL and $50 to Comm2A and that's all I could scratch up. Jeez the guys who post a new gun every damn week in the new acquisitions threads are the ones who can afford to throw down some real coin! ;p

We all do what we can though.

i think alot of people have made many donations to goal, comm2a and nra over the last couple months including myself. i have moved on to political and veterans donations until the election is over. until i here of a law suite or something else major going on my wallet is sealed.

I'm sorry your karma thread isn't doing well. But I would hardly think that those on NES are a disappointment. The t-shirt find raiser got GOAL near 10 grand....I believe a good portion of that money was from NES people...

THIS. Comm2a and GOAL both got bumps from me in July and August. NSSF got one in September.

Already a Goal member. But upgraded to a 5 year family member a few weeks ago. Also made a side donation to them and bought some swag. A lot people just do their own thing. Great offer btw.

Thanks for all the replies...

I am not really disappointed in NES, heck I love it hear!!!!! Just wanted a thread title to try to maximize my karma thread and garner any additional contributions to GOAL, that I could get!!!!

I had a dog and BINGO was his name!!!

already a member of goal & comm 2a. i'm a bit late to the shooting sports, but when i found NES i also found goal & comm 2a.

even if you only get a few through your karma thread it's a good thing, but as others have said i think there is already a high participation rate by nesr's.

the issue is getting the word to the average gun-owning joe (or jane) that theses orgs. exist and they really need to support them

Back
Top Bottom