• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dick's Sporting Goods

Have you tried the 2 3/4"? From what I have read, you only lose 50 FPS, and it might help the ejection issues???

I have not, I haven't seen a single review of anyone shooting 2 3/4 out of the 220F. Do you know of any links that you could PM me? Everything I read says Remington Accu-Tip 3",

Sadly, that sound like a typical experience buying guns at "big box land"... I should have it in my sig line, if it weren't too long: Dicks Sporting Goods is not a gun shop - far from it. The Lodge is a gun department in a sporting goods store. If I had it my way, it would be so and when I'm there I try to make it feel that way, but it's not...

I'm to the point now, where customers call the store to get my schedule. Word has apparently spread about my customer service and limited knowledge of firearms there, (and I'm not bragging whatsoever). I have shaved the paperwork down and now that the gun boxes are organized, I can generally get folks to the register in about 20-minutes, (more if I have to boresight), which is something only I and a couple other associates seem to be able to grasp. Things go awry if MIRCS is down and the fingerprint scanner is a waste. Even perfect prints take forever to capture.... The only things I can suggest to customers there, is to prepare for paperwork, (to the letter of the law and beyond), MIRCS delays and long lines at the register. The value to buying a gun there is exactly that - value. Service by an associate who knows more about guns than fishing tackle or canoe paddles is a roulette wheel....

PS: Squished: I sold the last 3 boxes of 3" yesterday. Will check freight and if more come in, I'll get them to you. That being said, (no links)... We just sold a 220 and the customer is using 2 3/4 Accutips with amazing result accuracy wise anyway. Will have to see how he does in the field...

Last edited:
PS: Squished: I sold the last 3 boxes of 3" yesterday. Will check freight and if more come in, I'll get them to you. That being said, (no links)... We just sold a 220 and the customer is using 2 3/4 Accutips with amazing result accuracy wise anyway. Will have to see how he does in the field...

3" accu-tips would be amazing, THANKS!

Im sure dicks had it, but once they factored it sat on the shelf for 9 months before it sold they never restocked it. I will check if I ever go into dicks again anytime soon.

Sadly, that sound like a typical experience buying guns at "big box land"... I should have it in my sig line, if it weren't too long: Dicks Sporting Goods is not a gun shop - far from it. The Lodge is a gun department in a sporting goods store. If I had it my way, it would be so and when I'm there I try to make it feel that way, but it's not...

I'm to the point now, where customers call the store to get my schedule. Word has apparently spread about my customer service and limited knowledge of firearms there, (and I'm not bragging whatsoever). I have shaved the paperwork down and now that the gun boxes are organized, I can generally get folks to the register in about 20-minutes, (more if I have to boresight), which is something only I and a couple other associates seem to be able to grasp. Things go awry if MIRCS is down and the fingerprint scanner is a waste. Even perfect prints take forever to capture.... The only things I can suggest to customers there, is to prepare for paperwork, (to the letter of the law and beyond), MIRCS delays and long lines at the register. The value to buying a gun there is exactly that - value. Service by an associate who knows more about guns than fishing tackle or canoe paddles is a roulette wheel....

Sad but true - you can't even get someone to confirm whether or not something is in stock over the phone. The prices are tough to beat though.

I will never buy another gun from Dicks, I would rather buy one at Walmart (not gonna happen). I purchased a Franchi over/under shotgun from them last year at one of the stores in RI when they had it on sale. I went back a week after I bought it, due to our 7 day waiting period, and the manager looked at me and said "this is just what we need another gun on the streets". If I had not already paid and the fact that they dont give refunds on firearms I would have walked out. I have not and will not ever shop there again whether its for firearms, ammo, or other sporting goods.

I will never buy another gun from Dicks, I would rather buy one at Walmart (not gonna happen). I purchased a Franchi over/under shotgun from them last year at one of the stores in RI when they had it on sale. I went back a week after I bought it, due to our 7 day waiting period, and the manager looked at me and said "this is just what we need another gun on the streets". If I had not already paid and the fact that they dont give refunds on firearms I would have walked out. I have not and will not ever shop there again whether its for firearms, ammo, or other sporting goods.

With that comment, I would have stopped the transaction and gone to see the store manager. That person SHOULD NOT be working there, period!

For all it's faults, I would NOT blame an entire store chain for a moronic comment by one employee. I would have taken appropriate action so that they could get rid of said moronic employee.

If that was a dept manager, I hope you complained to the store manager. If it was the store manager, I hope you complained to corporate. I would have - I would have tried to get him fired. He obviously doesn't belong there.

I should have complained, I didnt think about it at the time and was just taken a back by the comment. Maybe I would have got that $800 shotgun for free.....

Yeah I live in Natick and the Dicks is a joke, I asked the clown at the "lodge" if he had 8mm Mauser ammo, and he asked "What's a Mauser?". I chuckled thinking he was kidding...nope. The store has a skeleton crew and finding somebody to help you is harder than looking through a wall.

all in all, there name is fitting.

Edit: I mean the Natick store specifically, although there is one guy who literally wrote down prices for me when I asked for one and seemed to have a good deal of knowledge, so not every employee there was useless.

Last edited:
The store has a skeleton crew and finding somebody to help you is harder than looking through a wall.
Edit: I mean the Natick store specifically

And yet, when I was applying for a job there the Lodge manager blew me off twice when I was supposed to interview with him. [rolleyes] I do have more than a clue when it comes to firearms, too.

And yet, when I was applying for a job there the Lodge manager blew me off twice when I was supposed to interview with him. [rolleyes] I do have more than a clue when it comes to firearms, too.

Same happened to me in Danvers, blown off. The funny thing is not only do I know a thing or two about firearms, I also know a thing or 20 about fishing. I fish, ALOT. Talk about a loss to them.

I have to say that I have done a fair amount of business at the Brockton store and there is one guy there that really knows his stuff. I have never purchased a firearm there because even when on sale Four Seasons has been cheaper.
I shoot a fair amount of 38 special and they always seem to have it.

Squished, just a bit of humor on the "over qualified". Dicks in plymouth had signs all over the front of the building for help wanted. I was trying to find a part time job that fit into my life. Working at dicks at night would have been good. I never even recieved a reply from my 3 apps ?????

I have not been to dicks as much in the past 2 years....aside from a cheap scope and some rifle socks they have not had much of what I want being guns or ammo.
Thr plymouth store is horrible for stocking ammo. I wasted more time and money going to see what they dont have. Walmart in plymouth is just as bad now also.
I have not had much luck with either store.

Squished, just a bit of humor on the "over qualified". Dicks in plymouth had signs all over the front of the building for help wanted. I was trying to find a part time job that fit into my life. Working at dicks at night would have been good. I never even recieved a reply from my 3 apps ?????

I have not been to dicks as much in the past 2 years....aside from a cheap scope and some rifle socks they have not had much of what I want being guns or ammo.
Thr plymouth store is horrible for stocking ammo. I wasted more time and money going to see what they dont have. Walmart in plymouth is just as bad now also.
I have not had much luck with either store.

My reply was just a sarcastic one. I never even received a reply either.

I believe they hire people who are barely qualified. I dont really think they sell anymore guns with or with out decent help? When I did purchase a good amount of ammo from them when they first opened if the bearded dude was not in the lodge and the nice older woman was not working the register, I just left.

So yes good help is good. There was a younger gent working there the last 2 times I went. Although he said he knows little about guns and ammo he said "I know what we have where it is and how much it cost"

Same happened to me in Danvers, blown off. The funny thing is not only do I know a thing or two about firearms, I also know a thing or 20 about fishing. I fish, ALOT. Talk about a loss to them.

I actually stopped in, in person, to request an interview after not hearing anything from the online application. Guy asked me to come back, then a day before I was supposed to come back he calls me and says he's got to reschedule. When I did come in for the rescheduled interview, it turns out he'd changed his hours and wasn't working that morning. [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom