• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Diamond Razor Edge bow sight

Okay so I couldn’t find an archery/bow forum on here and don’t want to join some other site to ask this. Figured there will be many bow hunters here who may be able to help. Can not find this info anywhere online to save my life.

I bought a Diamond Razor Edge bow years ago (like 12) when I shot archery way more often. Have just started to get back in to it as I would like to try bow hunting at some point. I remember when I bought it the 3 pin stock sight was great and accurate tight out of the box. My problem is that I have NO IDEA what each pin represents as far as yardage? Is it 20-30-40 out of the box? Anyone know and can help me out here? Thanks in advance!

I really can't answer for sure, but have read that the top pin on 3 pin sights is usually set at 20 yards, with the others in 10 yard increments. I have a 5 pin sight, only because that's what my bow came with. I bought it used and brought it to Jerry's Bait & Tackle in Milford for a good going over. He also adjusted the pins for me, which I was able to verify at his indoor range. Hope this helps somewhat.

Okay so I couldn’t find an archery/bow forum on here and don’t want to join some other site to ask this. Figured there will be many bow hunters here who may be able to help. Can not find this info anywhere online to save my life.

I bought a Diamond Razor Edge bow years ago (like 12) when I shot archery way more often. Have just started to get back in to it as I would like to try bow hunting at some point. I remember when I bought it the 3 pin stock sight was great and accurate tight out of the box. My problem is that I have NO IDEA what each pin represents as far as yardage? Is it 20-30-40 out of the box? Anyone know and can help me out here? Thanks in advance!
Your top pin is the lower yardage pin, the bottom is the furthest yardage pin Typically set at 20-30-40.....but you always sight it in for yourself.

Think of it as the higher the pin on the sight, the lower you move the bow down to the target and vice versa.

A lot of hunters....me included use a one pin setup. 95% of shots are inside 35 yards when bowhunting in the northeast out of a treestand.
'
My sight is adjustable, but for most hunts its set to 25 yards, which means I hold a little low on close shots, and a little high on 35 yard shots.
Without thinking about pins, its inherently faster, and have an uncluttered one pin to focus on. This has worked well for me for over 20 years....and many bow kills.

I will add that it depends on how flat your bow shoots. Most modern high performance compounds shoot fairly flat nowadays out to 30 yards.

I generally don't take anything longer than that, but say I must take one, and can loosen and move my sight without being detected....there is a calibrated yardage strip on the sight in case I wanted to do that. Ive never had to do it.

Back
Top Bottom