• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DHS: First the Ammo, Now the Tanks

2,700 armored vehicles for 50 states? How many terrorists has DHS stopped again? Oh wait, none that they didn't get the FBI to supply first.

I'm sure these will only be used for our own good/safety [hmmm]

Watch the video. The guy talks about having the ability to deploy officers quickly off the running boards. Perfect vehicles for assaults for confiscations. Surprise and speed is what the Germans used in WWII. Something is wrong! We don't need these in this country unless someone is planning for some sort of assault. JMAO

MRAP trucks near the end of the road in military strategy ? USATODAY.com

The Army expects to have about 17,000 MRAPs. Some will assigned permanently to explosive-disposal technicians, others to transportation units to protect convoys and another portion will be used as ambulances. The rest, about 11,000, will be divided among six locations around the world to be tapped when needed, Barbosa said.

The Pentagon should keep MRAPs ready to roll, said Michael O'Hanlon, a military analyst at the Brookings Institution. They may well be needed.

"Taking most of them out of the force structure is one thing—but let's not discard the vehicles, fire the mechanics, or forget the lessons of how to employ them," O'Hanlon said. "And let's keep them ready to go on Day One, or at least Day 10, of a possible future war."

They are preparing for battle with the mexican cartels that have slowly invaded all the border states, thats the real use of those MRAPs. Normal raids and warranted searches dont need such a robust vehicle.

Last edited:
They should all be sold to citizens, not to government departments.

Also remember, if you're already shooting at it they can't get out, and fire is your friend and an engine intake's enemy.

Funny how in the USA Today article it says that the vehicles break down all the time. Then they say lets make an ambulance out of them. So they can break down when transporting the wounded. Yea, good idea. Sorry, just a rant.

Funny how in the USA Today article it says that the vehicles break down all the time. Then they say lets make an ambulance out of them. So they can break down when transporting the wounded. Yea, good idea. Sorry, just a rant.

You and your silly facts.

Here's another one, they get horrible mileage, even making the current ambulance boxes look like a fleet of Prii.

It's all nonsense.

They can just use the ones we put the japanese americans in during WWII. Saves more budget money to get more hellfire missles for the DHS drones.

Those never existed and we're all just a bunch of lunatic conspiracy theorists. Everyone knows the government would never violate the constitution. That's why you don't need super killy military rifles.

They can just use the ones we put the japanese americans in during WWII. Saves more budget money to get more hellfire missles for the DHS drones.

The "budget" is all political theater, and they know it. If gov. wants something, they print up as much monopoly money as needed to give to manufacturers/contractors to produced the assets they need for our "national security" aka thiers, not yours.

Last edited:
these are very similar to the ones South African police used during civil unrests ... which are pretty common. Sure, they are not invincible but will easily convince sheep to stay home if there is say ... a travel ban [laugh]

The "budget" is all political theater, and they know it. If gov. wants something, they print up as much monopoly money as needed to give to manufacturers/contractors to produced the assets they need for our "national security" aka thiers, not yours.

How can they, in this week of huge budget cuts, say with a straight face that they are going to do this and a drone base in Malibu? How do we fight this? My "representative" is McGovern, for Pete's sake. He has GOVERN right in his name!

From reading through this thread, it looks as though they are going to be initiating a home grown arms race with NESrs![laugh]

All kidding aside, this is really shitty timing with all of the forced budget cuts...unless that is all part of the plan to justify their existence "for public safety". Seriously, they are gearing up for something big in the not-so-distant future and it kills me to think that the majority of our population just buries their heads in the sand pretending that this is just "business as usual". I think it may be time for a group buy on some Barret hardware...[wink]

It's been said before, but bears saying again. There's no need for an arms race. People (cops) have to enforce laws. Even if they're out in these things enforcing them, their homes are still not fortresses. When their own homes and families start burning to the ground I think you'll find less and less people willing to go play Rambo in the name of the state.

You don't win a war against a military power by fighting head on. You do it through guerrilla and asymmetric warfare.

It's been said before, but bears saying again. There's no need for an arms race. People (cops) have to enforce laws. Even if they're out in these things enforcing them, their homes are still not fortresses. When their own homes and families start burning to the ground I think you'll find less and less people willing to go play Rambo in the name of the state.

You don't win a war against a military power by fighting head on. You do it through guerrilla and asymmetric warfare.

right on, Nazi collaborators and "local aid" got what was coming to them and more.

/Time to move to a rural area if you haven't already!
Why - to give the vehicles more maneuver room so they will have a better chance against you? [laugh]

Ask anyone who has ever crewed in an armored vehicle if they'd rather maneuver in wide-open spaces (against an opponent lacking heavy weapons) or in city streets, surrounded by tall buildings that channel their movements and restrict their ability to communicate?

More importantly, does anyone know if a Lahti L39 is on the C&R list? [laugh] Just Kidding,

So what, exactly, is the justification for these things?

I really hope you're right. If one cops house got burnt down, I bet most will quit the Rambo act.

Back
Top Bottom