Developing story in Providence RI, shoot out on Route 95 on ramp near the mall

Based on the videos I don't see why that justified a firing squad but who knows.

I do know it was reckless and stupid of them to send 40 rounds flying into the truck when clearly the car in front of the truck and around had people in them.

He was supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.

Yeah. But the Providence Police watched Judge Dredd during roll call. So they were a bit overzealous.

Wow. Watching all of the prelude was shocking.

Based on the videos I don't see why that justified a firing squad but who knows.

I do know it was reckless and stupid of them to send 40 rounds flying into the truck when clearly the car in front of the truck and around had people in them.

Magic bullets. They got them from Lee Harvey. Or Lee Majors. I forget. But they are magic and stop if they miss the bad guy.

Seems they were hopped up on adrenaline. He narrowly missed running a few of them over near the end. But he was stopped.

Looks like had they not been stopping EVERY white pickup looking for the other bad guy (who should have NOT BEEN LEFT IN A CRUISER WITH THE KEYS IN IT) and that triggered this guy. Stupid all around. :(

The RI State Police have been taking quite a beating about this from how they let the perp drive away to how they conduct out of uniform "official" press releases.

Wait, they had a 50% hit percentage??? [shocked] That's practically unheard of for police shootings! Give these guys some marksmanship badges!

Considering that they were the distance of the bed of truck away (10-18 feet) I don't see how they could miss.

This whole thing was a giant cluster ****, they reported shots fired out of the truck which was actually the echos of the first shots bouncing off the Providence Place Mall. Then all help broke loose and the mob mentality took over. I surprised more rounds weren't discharged.

Last edited:
Wait, they had a 50% hit percentage??? [shocked] That's practically unheard of for police shootings! Give these guys some marksmanship badges!

Had they thought about it, about half of those guys could have just slapped him with their guns, so. . . . broad side of a barn with one hand on it and all that.

Back
Top Bottom