• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Developing story in Providence RI, shoot out on Route 95 on ramp near the mall

First a police cruiser get stolen in the morning at a traffic stop: http://www.providencejournal.com/ne...olice-cruiser-recovered-search-on-for-suspect
And then a truck was hit multiple times from behind side: http://www.providencejournal.com/ne...ice-close-access-to-route-95-near-mall--video

News reports are saying they are related, no news yet who was shooting or being shot at yet.

DONKPysXUAAz60g.jpg

When I read that the truck was riddled with bullets and the windows were shot out I figured it was another news exaggeration. After seeing that photo and the video... Holy smokes. The cops should be ashamed if anyone in that truck was left breathing. Poor superduty got lit up point blank.

Incoming "he was holding a cell phone and surrendering" when he was shot in 3...2...1...

Meanwhile there's a loaded hi-point and a stolen loaded m2 on the floor.

Stole a cop car. Gotta give him props for that one. Wow. Talk about cajones. Clearly they mislabeled him as a non-issue.

Scary if you were stuck on 95 at that time. So many shots. So much potential for errant bullets.

More proof the gang in blue can't shoot worth shit...but it's job well done im sure.

What the hell happened in that video? They shot the guy then he did a huge burnout or something.

He was dead and pushed the accelerator until the engine went boom.

ETA: Sounded like a diesel so it may also have been a safety shutdown with the electronics or it could have been the woman in the cab with the dead guy. She may have shut it down. Definitely wasn't a cop reaching in as they ran when the engine spun up.

Last edited:
http://www.providencejournal.com/ne...providence-did-not-steal-state-police-cruiser
So, this is a shit show that the cops will skate from, but it's still a shit show. The stolen cruiser was related to this white pickup, but not directly. The stolen cruiser was stolen by a guy seemingly unrelated to the pickup, but a cop thought the thief jumped in to the bed of said truck. He pulled it over, then the white pickup bolted as he approached. They cornered it as you can see in the video and it was going no where when someone opened up on it causing the viral shooting reaction from others and 30+ rounds into the cab.

By this point it was just a dude pulled over in error who likely didn't want to be pulled over and he bolted. The woman in serious condition was in the truck with him.

Looked kind of like a firing squad....

Circular firing squad? I know that stretch of road, it’s horrible on a good day!!

Has the stolen cruiser been recovered yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Circular firing squad? I know that stretch of road, it’s horrible on a good day!!

Has the stolen cruiser been recovered yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It it doesn’t matter, the message has been sent, steal a cruiser, someone gets the firing squad.

Someone's gonna have to do some serious 'splainin'.
If years after 38 Studios and nobody's been charged with anything since, no "splainin" will need be done because nobody is going to hold the police accountable even though we may have a situation where an innocent woman was shot by police.

And the guy that stole the cruiser appears to still be loose.

There's a reason I call RI cops pork chops.

Back
Top Bottom