• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Developer of Strelok Pro sanctioned by U.S. government

The Department is designating the following entities pursuant to Section 1(a)(i) for operating or for having operated in the technology sector of the Russian Federation Economy, and other associated subsections:

• Igor Vladimirovich Borisov is the developer of Strelok and Strelok Pro, mobile phone applications used for ballistics calculations, which have reportedly been used by Russia’s forces in Ukraine.

“Used by Russian forces in Ukraine”

Yeah, and also used by countless US service members too.

This seems intentionally done to go against domestic firearm owners.
in a cruel sense of irony, I wonder how many Ukrainian guys have the same software….. it’s quite obvious they didn’t really think this through very well. and again, the people with power in US gov don’t /actually/ care about Ukraine as long as it enriches the MIC and the laundromat, it’s no bother to them, if disabling a uke sniper capability kills a few more people on the “good” side.

This reminds me of collective hand wringing when the US announced sanctions against the Tula Munitions. Thanks to "I want to shoot cheap ammo!" idiots, instead of shutting down due to lack of money, the factory prospered thanks to said idiot's money, retooled, and now produces huge quantities of ammo and artillery ammunition for the war.

I am also calling bull$#it on conservatives suddenly being anti-war. They were ok with sending our boys to die for some ambiguous goal of "war on terror". Meanwhile when there is an actual country that wants so hard to be our friend, we don't' want to help them. Just so we are clear: Republican president, Jeorge Bush Sr., fought very hard to keep Soviet Union alive. This is the same people who forced Ukraine to give up its nukes, Russians food and forgave billions and billions of dollars who are now bitching about helping a nation keep its independence.

I don't know the end result of this, but what other ballistic apps are you guys using comparable to strelok?

I don't know the end result of this, but what other ballistic apps are you guys using comparable to strelok?
Applied ballistics is good for calculations and numbers.

But I don’t know of any other tool with the kind of reticle representation available in Strelok.

Edit: the AB UI is way more annoying. But the data it produces are good.

Last edited:
Pretty sure everyone on that list is named Vladamire Borsovitch or Boris Vladasoromire or something. The poor Y, K and Z keys on that dude's laptop that had to type all of that.

there is nothing else with same ease to create multiple combinations of various rifles, scopes plus custom loads for them specifically to choose from.
i disabled all auto updates jsut in case, for apple not to be able to pull it off the phone. it would suck, as i got there all 11 rifles and all the loads i had crafted for them.

there is nothing else with same ease to create multiple combinations of various rifles, scopes plus custom loads for them specifically to choose from.
i disabled all auto updates jsut in case, for apple not to be able to pull it off the phone. it would suck, as i got there all 11 rifles and all the loads i had crafted for them.
I hear you. I'm going to need a new phone in the next year. Then it disappears. 😡
I'm debating which app to go with next. Some of the more expensive Kestrels have ballistic solvers in them. Might start looking at those. Anyone here have experience with those?

I hear you. I'm going to need a new phone in the next year. Then it disappears. 😡
I'm debating which app to go with next. Some of the more expensive Kestrels have ballistic solvers in them. Might start looking at those. Anyone here have experience with those?
I’m going to keep this phone as a tool when I eventually upgrade. Maybe a replacement will eventually come out.

I’m going to keep this phone as a tool when I eventually upgrade. Maybe a replacement will eventually come out.
difficult to predict. pure ballistic apps or calculators usually suck as rifle/loads repositories. nor have any incentives to do what strelok was made for.
i would not hold my breath.

u2lmj49rihkz.jpg

Who?

and I haven't used that app, but use the Nikon Spot-on ballistics calculator. I have the M223 and M308 with BDC reticles and they work great with this app, although it's not needed to use their optics to get all the information.

difficult to predict. pure ballistic apps or calculators usually suck as rifle/loads repositories. nor have any incentives to do what strelok was made for.
i would not hold my breath.
Strelok had a huge chunk of the ballistic app market and had a unique angle. With it being gone, I would be surprised if nobody fills the vacuum.

I am also calling bull$#it on conservatives suddenly being anti-war. They were ok with sending our boys to die for some ambiguous goal of "war on terror". Meanwhile when there is an actual country that wants so hard to be our friend, we don't' want to help them. Just so we are clear: Republican president, Jeorge Bush Sr., fought very hard to keep Soviet Union alive. This is the same people who forced Ukraine to give up its nukes, Russians food and forgave billions and billions of dollars who are now bitching about helping a nation keep its independence.

In Afghanistan, it wasn't vague. In Somalia, during the civil war, it was our interests. In Iraq? Probably oil. Depends on if Bush genuinely believed what he was being told about WMD's and chemical weapons, or if he was just hearing what he wanted. As far as anti-war / pro-war, what is done in public is done to curry favor with the public. What is done in private will never be talked about.

Never heard of this ballistic calculator, but sounds cool. I assume input weather conditions, muzzle velocity, weight of projectile and ballistic coefficient, and it spits out a MoA hold?

Never heard of this ballistic calculator, but sounds cool. I assume input weather conditions, muzzle velocity, weight of projectile and ballistic coefficient, and it spits out a MoA hold?
Yeah, it has all that normal stuff. But it also has a large database of optic reticles, so you can see what ranges line up with various stadia or BDC lines. Same with wind holds.
1D312C7A-D16D-4CE4-B432-96806149F232.jpeg

I freaking HATED those things as a little kid. I think it was all the Sssssssssleee'ing they did. And the big-ass eyes. But. . . .why didn't they just poke them in the big fat eyes??? And why did the dad look like Jay Leno's older brother????

This reminds me of collective hand wringing when the US announced sanctions against the Tula Munitions. Thanks to "I want to shoot cheap ammo!" idiots, instead of shutting down due to lack of money, the factory prospered thanks to said idiot's money, retooled, and now produces huge quantities of ammo and artillery ammunition for the war.

It is OK. You don't have to sideload the Strelok Pro app if doing so would offend you.

My paid Pro is still functioning. But i'm wondering of you buy a new device , Strelok is deleted from your Google Play account ?
i think the danger is when you do a major OS upgrade - it is same for both android and apple to wipe out apps and reinstall them, when it is a major migration.
i may be wrong, not sure how it works now. but at that step, if it is not in the actual store - it will be it, gone.

as long as all auto updates are disabled - it should survive. for new device - sure, it is not in the store, so, no cigar.

Back
Top Bottom