Detroit's Citizens Fighting Back

Detroit Police Chief James Craig said at a press conference last week that in his 37-year career, he’s never seen as many homeowners defending themselves by shooting intruders. Craig told The News in January he felt the crime rate could be lowered if more “good Americans” were armed, because he said criminals would think twice about attacking.

This guy's awesome, and proof that you can open the eyes of an anti. OOO-RAH!

Yup. I know there aren't many positive things to say about Detroit these days (and I was 3rd generation born there), but at least the residents are allowed, even encouraged to defend themselves and family. I'd take that any day over cities like DC, Chicago or Camden.

if I lived in Detroit, it would probably be double CCW'ing, along with a knife or two.

I was there last year for the Metallica Orion festival. We got private rides to the concert from our downtown hotel by police officers who drove buses as second jobs just to make ends meet. The police don't have the man power and said the city was a complete mess because of "total incompetence". We seen some people wearing t-shirts that said something to the effect 'Would you put your life on the line for $10 an hour?'. That city is one step away from being a Mad Max - Roadwarrior movie scene.

You know things are bad when the mayor is the local news featured 'Deadbeat of the week'.

“It’s horrific what’s going on in the city, where people have to defend their homes with guns,” said the Rev. Barak Holmes of Diverse Deliverance, who lives near the house where Tuesday’s shootings occurred and heard four shots.
“We have to pray for our city.”[rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140325/METRO01/303250066#ixzz2xJClp5CG

Oh, good morning Rev. Holmes, did you just wake up from your coma? Your city didn't get this way over night, and its gone WAAAAAAAAY past the need for prayer.

The only thing that's going to modify the criminal behavior in Detroit is raw firepower in the hands of citizens.....and so far it seems to be working pretty well.

“It’s horrific what’s going on in the city, where people have to defend their homes with guns,” said the Rev. Barak Holmes of Diverse Deliverance, who lives near the house where Tuesday’s shootings occurred and heard four shots.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140325/METRO01/303250066#ixzz2xJClp5CG

Oh, good morning Rev. Holmes, did you just wake up from your coma? Your city didn't get this way over night, and its gone WAAAAAAAAY past the need for prayer.

The only thing that's going to modify the criminal behavior in Detroit is raw firepower in the hands of citizens.....and so far it seems to be working pretty well.

He can pray all he wants, the realists are taking care of themselves.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he means it's a shame it's come to that - not that it's a shame people are defending themselves.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he means it's a shame it's come to that - not that it's a shame people are defending themselves.

Of course its a shame that it has come to that, but as I stated, it didn't happen over night and where the hell was he while the city was spiraling down the toilet? The entire city has been morally and financially mismanaged for decades.....what the hell did he think it was going to come to?

“People have to protect themselves,” West said. “These criminals have no business breaking into people’s houses in the first place. Don’t take what’s not yours, and everything will be OK. If someone’s coming in your house, you don’t have time to call the cops; you’ll end up laying there dead. You got to do what you got to do.”
Damn, that's some good common sense.

detoilet has no option.
once a city gets ugly enough they literally NEED citizens to be armed. it's their last ditch effort to keep everyone from getting dead.
either way i commend the CoP in detroit for actually owning up to what we all know is true.

After liberalism pisses all thats good away......realism must take over one is to survive. Detoit has learned that lesson. Many of the other lib cities are just at the beginning stages of it and will become detroit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom