Dentist rant/happy ending

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
So son Mark comes down from Alaska the other day to see me here in Acton and then hunt Maine & NH with his NH brothers. He brings with him a broken wisdom tooth and is in the hurt locker. We call Acton Family Dental who are booked out 2-3 weeks. They recommend Acton Dental Assoc. We call them. They Email a pile of forms to fill out and say that they will need a $500 non-ref. dep. for being nice enough to book time for Mark. For that they will take an X ray and refer him to a surgeon. We tell them to shove it and that we will find a "patient oriented" dentist. Son Lance has been going to a dentist in Keene, NH and likes him. We call there at 9:00 AM and they say to be there at 11:30. We hop into my truck, Mark drops me off at the Mill and roars off to Keene. There they do an X ray and the doc says that he can pull it and the total bill for office visit, X ray and yanking will be $500. Mark says to go ahead. The subject of hunting comes up, turns out that they are both hunters, they bullshit about it for a half hour and the total bill ends up $300 cash. You have to look around. Jack.

So son Mark comes down from Alaska the other day to see me here in Acton and then hunt Maine & NH with his NH brothers. He brings with him a broken wisdom tooth and is in the hurt locker. We call Acton Family Dental who are booked out 2-3 weeks. They recommend Acton Dental Assoc. We call them. They Email a pile of forms to fill out and say that they will need a $500 non-ref. dep. for being nice enough to book time for Mark. For that they will take an X ray and refer him to a surgeon. We tell them to shove it and that we will find a "patient oriented" dentist. Son Lance has been going to a dentist in Keene, NH and likes him. We call there at 9:00 AM and they say to be there at 11:30. We hop into my truck, Mark drops me off at the Mill and roars off to Keene. There they do an X ray and the doc says that he can pull it and the total bill for office visit, X ray and yanking will be $500. Mark says to go ahead. The subject of hunting comes up, turns out that they are both hunters, they bullshit about it for a half hour and the total bill ends up $300 cash. You have to look around. Jack.
How many times can you clap your hand behind your back, while doing push-ups - hold my beer dentist story ? Yep - guilty as charged… Lol
Good job Jack ! 😂

where's the neg rep button for getting us worked up with thoughts of sexy dental assistants, nitrous oxide, and an actual happy ending, and it's just a bored dentist who takes cash story?

The third photo (a rear view) is the best argument I've ever seen for flossing.

So, your son didn't get a happy ending?
Did he at least use the $200 for a happy ending?

I came here to read about a happy ending. Where is the happy ending in this story?

So, your son didn't get a happy ending?
Did he at least use the $200 for a happy ending?

I came here to read about a happy ending. Where is the happy ending in this story?
Well, Mark got a quick appointment and his problem fixed at a reasonable cost. Good enough, Brocc? LOL Jack.

$500??? How long is it going to take?

About 5 min

Five min? For $500??? Don’t you think that’s outrageous?

Well, Bill. If it’s the cost per hour that’s bothering you, I can make it last as long as you want.

Yup. Like they say, skilled labor ain't cheap and cheap labor ain't skilled.

MjAxMy0yYWYxYTE1N2QyODQ0YTQ4.png

Here's my dentist rant

I've had an interesting issue pop up and I'm not sure whether it's just Consumer Fraud or insurance fraud

Daughter had her wisdom teeth out back in June, they wanted me to pay up front $2,300, I refused. They stated they weren't in our network and we should submit to Insurance afterwards a payment. Again I refused told them to bill the insurance company. So I've been watching this on my coverage plan, I get a bill in the mail yesterday for $535, with the accompanying explanation. They are in fact, in network and had billed insurance company $2,300, the insurance company discounted $1,200 and sent them a check for $635. I was billed the difference.
As the oral surgeon was in network and by accepting the payment of $635 I am not responsible for the 1200 that was discounted, only $535 that was listed as a patient responsibility.

So I'm going through the same thing now with wife's tooth, needs an implant. This is at a different oral surgeon, in fact I took my son to this guy a month ago for wisdom teeth and they demanded that I pay in front, I refused, the woman who runs the operation told me they do not bill insurance companies and then balance bill the patient. the quote was "we're not set up for that." So the long and the short of it, are they trying to undermine consumers or the insurance companies?
This guy is also in network, this is with Harvard Pilgrim, if he accepts payment then I'm not responsible for discounted portion. So they're lying to their patients to get their money up front.

Yep. There are some doctor's offices that do the same thing. They try and double-bill. Which is why typically your health insurance sends you a notice of what THEY paid and what is OWED so that you don't overpay or get double-billed.

Back in teh day - 30 years ago - my then-dentist got tossed off of Delta for double-billing and fraud. My dad still went to him for years after. ???? He'd try any sort of procedure just to make more money.

Yep. There are some doctor's offices that do the same thing. They try and double-bill.

Not just doctor's offices. I had to take a 30 mile non-urgent ambulance transport from one hospital to another a few years ago. There were lots of various billings to the tune of $55K+ for the stuff they did to me. Somewhere on one of the benefit explanations was a payment of $427 at their contracted rate for the ride.

Months later I get a nasty threatening letter from some outfit in NC demanding $1700 for the transport. Went back and forth a couple of times until I finally had CIGNA intervene and they got it sorted tout suite with not a penny more.

I wonder how many people have gotten buffalo'd into paying, though?

Back
Top Bottom