democrats for gun ownership

That stupid letter after there names means nothing...they are just 2 Organized Crime Family's...They should remove polictical affiliations from the Ballot and see what happens..

Yup, it's nothing more than an endorsement from a private organization. If they're allowed to put their "seal of endorsement" on the ballot, every private organization should be allowed to put their seal of endorsement on the ballot.

Remove part affiliation from the ballots
Eliminate the tax payer funded private organization endorsement process (primaries)
List canidates on ballot in order of completion of filing paperwork
Eliminate tax exemption for Political Action Committees, including Campaign Comittees

That should improve the political election process, would make it more like the election process in the early 1800s.

So start a anti obama thread this thread was supposed to be about democrats for gun ownership a gun lobby and how we had some democrats who are shooters who support 2a

There aren't any, at least none that matter. Look at party lines on all anti-gun legislation votes, and you'll see D's vs R's almost universally.

- - - Updated - - -

That said, yes, we do need Ron Paul as the Republicrats have learned from the Democrats and cannot be trusted either.

Of course, but that isn't what this thread is about. Someone should start a thread on republicans for gun ownership, the list won't be all that long either.

The title of this thread has made me chuckle more than once!!

You know I heard from my cousin's friend's girlfriend's uncle's neighbor that there were a whole bunch of atheists that believe in god. True story.

The title of this thread has made me chuckle more than once!!

You know I heard from my cousin's friend's girlfriend's uncle's neighbor that there were a whole bunch of atheists that believe in god. True story.
To paraphrase Mr. Panos:

"why do democrats want to ban guns? BECAUSE THEY ARE DEMOCRATS!"

[laugh]

To complete that:
"why do Relublican politicians want to ban guns? BECAUSE THEY ARE DEMOCRATS!"
[wink]

Take the R and D off the ballot, and most certainly take off that ( I ) that denotes the incumbent!

Using Forum Runner. Please excuse spelling errors, formatting, and absent links.

Democrats for gun ownership in everything I have read on them are not pushing reasonable restrictions any more then the nra the two I have just found I don't know but I will look into it and find out and if you or another member found a reason I shouldn't support them please let me know and I will put my money elsewhere

- - - Updated - - -

Why the hell is obama back into the conversation I am not pro obama get the obma crap out of your head...

Cerfur, you seem committed to supporting gun rights, so good on you. [smile]

As far as what groups to support, I would strongly urge you to look at state-level groups. You list your location as MA. GOAL and Comm2A are both worthy of support, IMHO. I'm an NRA life member, but on the national level I put my active support with the SAF. Comm2A and SAF are both willing to fight in the courts, and that seems to be where the battles are currently being fought.

Really apreciate the help for comments as for all you smart guys who like the title of the thread or think its funny if you read the thread "democrats for gun ownership" is the name of the lobby they have a website! Again thnks for all the private message of support makes me feel better about the forum!

I think it has been clearly demonstrated that politicians are favorable to whatever is popular with the public at any given time.

Like Obamacare...oh, wait, 72% of the public is against it...

Btw, Romney didn't really "approve" continuation of the MA AWB. If I recall correctly, it had no expiration date but the acknolwedgement of that fact was part of a bill that Romney signed. Mike had an informative post on this somewhere. Not trying to promote Romney, just correcting the facts.

Like Obamacare...oh, wait, 72% of the public is against it...

Btw, Romney didn't really "approve" continuation of the MA AWB. If I recall correctly, it had no expiration date but the acknolwedgement of that fact was part of a bill that Romney signed. Mike had an informative post on this somewhere. Not trying to promote Romney, just correcting the facts.
Doesn't matter much when as recently as 2008 he was saying he would have signed a new federal AWB if it came to his desk as president (his words)...

He was all for the ban until he realized it was aloser for the 2012 and now he's trying to play his gun grabbing ways down.

To circle back to the origin of this thread... Two guesses why he had to push his "no friend of the NRA" mantra when running for office in MA?

Here is a hint... It was to appease... Wait for it....

THE DEMOCRATS in mass...

Last edited:
In MA most dems are too afraid to self identify as dems, because the party is so stupid and insane on its face.

So they register as independents and vote dem instead. [rofl]

The republicans aren't much better. Oh yay, we get to choose between a horde of a ****ing RINOs and a bunch of neocon a**h***s trying to ram bibles and "the war on terror" down our throats.

Neither one of them give a flying **** about your civil rights, at the core. It's just not profitable for their agendas.

**** both of these parties. **** them until they die. I've had enough of their shit, all they are both doing is destroying the nation. There are a handful of good people in both parties, but not nearly enough to do anything useful in terms of correcting the course we are on. Most of the pols are part and parcel of the problem- and I'll extend it to the ****ing voters too- who keep re-electing these douchebags. [angry2]

-Mike

this x3478328725367823456852348668524

IANAL, but IMO, yes, he did. Here's the facts:

Prior to July 1st, 2004, MGL 140-121 stated...

“Assault weapon”, shall have the same meaning as a semiautomatic assault weapon as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30)...

The bill signed by Romney on July 1st, 2004 (Chapter 150 of The Acts Of 2004), inserted the following...

"...as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994."

So, as I understand it...

1. The State level AWB directly referred to/relied upon 18 USC 921(a)(30); THEREFORE
2. Upon the repeal of 18 USC 921(a)(30), the MA statute would effectively been void; THEREFORE
3. By adding "as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994", it was rendered permanent.

1. The State level AWB directly referred to/relied upon 18 USC 921(a)(30); THEREFORE
2. Upon the repeal of 18 USC 921(a)(30), the MA statute would effectively been void; THEREFORE
3. By adding "as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994", it was rendered permanent.

True, it's hard to refer to something that no longer exists. Someone could claim it referred to what it USED to be, but I'm sure that one would go to the courts.

Either way, he signed it and made anti-gun statements at the time.

its Obama you gotta worry about, on July 27th she intends to sign

a arms control treaty, and Obama is going to do nothing, and he will

instruct Harry Reid not to bring it to a vote so as it stands the treaty

will be in effect... Kinda of a back door gun control..... Nice Guy,

He's gotta go. if he get reelected we're screwed....

this is a lie. BUT they have to do it. Because Romney is lesser Evil than Obama.

- - - Updated - - -

its Obama you gotta worry about, on July 27th she intends to sign

a arms control treaty, and Obama is going to do nothing, and he will

instruct Harry Reid not to bring it to a vote so as it stands the treaty

will be in effect... Kinda of a back door gun control..... Nice Guy,

He's gotta go. if he get reelected we're screwed....

He will get reelected because illegals are going to vote. No id required. Why do you think he sucks up to illegals before election? (dont tell me it's because of Latino population)

Yes a lot of democrats are anti gun however arguably the most liberal state in the country vermont has no gun laws what so ever!

You started off here by getting a basic fact wrong. Vermont certainly does have plenty of (anti) gun laws. These include a ban on guns in "school zones," a ban on suppressors, and local towns are free to regulate and restrict guns at whim (which is supposedly illegal but allowed in practice).

Again the did I vote for obama question is kind of bs the only thing that obama has actually done as far as gun ownership is alow us to carry in national parks that's pro gun do I think that he is pro gun proubly not but I don't really belive he is anti gun either I dislike a hell of a lot of his polices I will tell you that, emorcelli I am a independent who votes on both sides the post is about genralizing democrats and if you are handing out cookies yes I would like one..

That is entirely incorrect.

He:

1) Hired Eric Holder as AG - perhaps the most anti-gun AG in the history of the country.
2) ***This is HUGE*** - He seated two vehemently anti-gun judges on the Supreme court. If he wins a second term and one of the pro-gun judges retires/dies, we are doomed. With that make-up, the court would not have sided with us on Heller and McDonald.

I understand where you are coming from. I REALLY do. I'm a libertarian, and every year, I hold my nose and vote for some Republican who doesn't represent my views on a whole lot of things ranging from monetary policy, to 1st, 4th, 5th, and 10th Amendment rights, to military interventionism.

But you need to stop deluding yourself and realize that for the most part, when you vote D you are voting anti-gun. Its sad but true, at least in the Northeast.

You may make a value judgement that the issues you agree with the Ds on are more important to you than the gun issue. Thats a rational decision. But at least go in with your eyes wide open. Again, I'm not saying that a D can't be pro-gun. I'm merely saying that most northeastern Democratic POLITICIANS are not pro-gun.

Don

That is entirely incorrect.

He:

1) Hired Eric Holder as AG - perhaps the most anti-gun AG in the history of the country.
2) ***This is HUGE*** - He seated two vehemently anti-gun judges on the Supreme court. If he wins a second term and one of the pro-gun judges retires/dies, we are doomed. With that make-up, the court would not have sided with us on Heller and McDonald.

I understand where you are coming from. I REALLY do. I'm a libertarian, and every year, I hold my nose and vote for some Republican who doesn't represent my views on a whole lot of things ranging from monetary policy, to 1st, 4th, 5th, and 10th Amendment rights, to military interventionism.

But you need to stop deluding yourself and realize that for the most part, when you vote D you are voting anti-gun. Its sad but true, at least in the Northeast.

You may make a value judgement that the issues you agree with the Ds on are more important to you than the gun issue. Thats a rational decision. But at least go in with your eyes wide open. Again, I'm not saying that a D can't be pro-gun. I'm merely saying that most northeastern Democratic POLITICIANS are not pro-gun.

Don

I think a lot of politicians in general are different forms of anti-gun... mainly because they don't want any disruptions to business as usual.

Democrats aren't entirely stupid. I consider myself a progressive, a person against discrimination, corporate takeover of the government, and economic exploitation of the poor and minorities. If enough people who share some of my attitudes become armed citizens, part of the community of those who respect firearms as a tool, a weapon, and a technological advancement on par with the automobile, then the Democratic party (of which I have a shit-ton of criticisms, and yes that is metric) will have to adapt. Demonizing people who disagree with you on gay marriage isn't going to push 2A along any further, and may actually hold it back.

Even after Gabby Giffords being shot, there was widespread acceptance of the fact that anti-gun laws are unpopular. We have even moved beyond the whole "hunting as an excuse" mentality.

The fact of the matter is that there are a lot of people in the world who are armed, and maybe in some kind utopia where there are no crimes and no people who like to inflict pain, we wouldn't need guns, but until you point out to me where this magical place is, I know I feel better with a gun in my safe. It would make me feel better to know that the NRA, while protecting some of my rights, won't act in a partisan manner to allow some politicians to exploit some of my OTHER rights, which may be the case if more lefties were converted to the cause.

2-party politics seems to be a no-win situation, and until we start electing people who have a cohesive and positive attitude toward civil liberties as well as social responsibility, we're all just spinning our wheels.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom