• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

democrats for gun ownership

I am likely about to open a big can of worms here......

I have been a gun owner for years, grew up hunting and shooting, have a very high percentage of carry, I am a strong supporter of the second amendment.. I am also not a republican but a independent.. But I often find myself supporting democrats more often then republicans! First off being a democrat or a republican for that matter has very little to do with supporting the second amendment! Yes a lot of democrats are anti gun however arguably the most liberal state in the country vermont has no gun laws what so ever!
Just as there are anti gun replubicans and pro choice republicans there are many many progun democrats the media has pushed these stereo types on us! I only mention this because often when reading these forums I just wince when folks say all these democrats who want to take our guns... I prefer the term protectionist these are folks who feel we need to protect ourselvs from our selves and the world would be better without guns and law abiding citzens owning them.. I belive these folks are the problem and I know a hell of alot of republicans who are anti gun and a lot of democrats who are defintly pro gun!!

I also mention this as to mention anyone here who is a democrat there is a group called democrats for gun ownership that has a decent sized lobby in washington and you can find and join them on the web! I am a member of both democrats for gunownership and the nra and for that matter most other progun lobbys I can dump my moneny into as I said being a indy I get to play both sides...Don't want to turn this into a giant internet argument about dems being for taxes and big goverment and republicans being for the wealthy or any of that bs there are plenty of places on the web for that.. Just hate to see the genralization of the democrats are after our guns that's just b.s. I actually belive I shoot with more leftys then rightys ( i live in massachusetts) and I like to belive I use both hands!

GOAL works with a lot of Democrats on various issues in a very friendly manner. In my opinion, most individuals are generally out to do the right thing it is when the 'party' decides to enact something that the pressure causes people to hold their nose. That is when voter pressure counts most.

Don't just contact your local rep or Senator when things are bad, be sure to make yourself known often on various topics. Then, when the pressure is on them from their leadership, your familiar name will have more impact.

Keep track of your local news and when you see an article that says Rep. X or Sen. Y did such and so, just write a quick letter saying how you support their work. (assuming what they did you support)

Pays off when the nasty stuff comes up for a vote and you send the "please" letter, the staff will recognize the name and mention "you know, Mr. J has a real problem with this" and it will mean something.

Sent from the bottom of my bowl of Cheerios.

Battle lines are forming.
Pick a side...

Both parties get some things right and some things wrong. They're all crooks anyways. Stock up on ammo...

Who has that quote in their sig.... "Politicians are like diapers: they should be changed frequently, and for the same reason."

Again the did I vote for obama question is kind of bs the only thing that obama has actually done as far as gun ownership is alow us to carry in national parks that's pro gun do I think that he is pro gun proubly not but I don't really belive he is anti gun either I dislike a hell of a lot of his polices I will tell you that, emorcelli I am a independent who votes on both sides the post is about genralizing democrats and if you are handing out cookies yes I would like one..

You're actually not a Democrat for gun ownership because that party's leadership is not in favor of gun ownership. You're a Democrat who's willing to look the other way on gun ownership issues.

So you're an Independent that votes democrat and owns guns?

You want a cookie or something?
Mmm...cookies. Being a democrat in support of the 2A is like being a republican who's for gay marriage: novel, but ultimately bound for disappointment and frustration.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Ok if you read the post I am not a democrat but a independent I vote both sides .... I don't look the other way at all when it comes to gun ownership as I said a fair amouth of my cash goes into progun lobbys hands I will take it up to you simpley not reading the post throughly... I find most people love to be on one side or another and the partiian bs is what causes problems in our goverment in the first place and yes we should have 8 year term limits on senators as we do presidents... slightly higher then dipers but I agree with you

Battle Royale, anyone?
IBTL

I'm not bashing the guy. Just suggesting that he be honest with himself. Being a pro 2A Democrat is akin to being a pro-life Democrat. You should realize that those issues will never be championed by the party. Sure, you might get 1 or 2 Democrats elected who are pro 2A, but the party as a whole is going to support moonbats like Pelosi so it will never amount to a hill of beans. In fact, if you've been following Fast and Furious closely, you'll come to the realization that it will likely do a lot of harm.

Again the did I vote for obama question is kind of bs the only thing that obama has actually done as far as gun ownership is alow us to carry in national parks that's pro gun do I think that he is pro gun proubly not but I don't really belive he is anti gun either I dislike a hell of a lot of his polices I will tell you that, emorcelli I am a independent who votes on both sides the post is about genralizing democrats and if you are handing out cookies yes I would like one..

you don't get a cookie for voting for obama.

if you've spent more than five seconds on here you know we're a bunch of crazy right-wing extremists who will tear you apart for saying that "yes, i voted for obama"--is that why you're just not coming out and saying so and instead posting what i quoted above? simple yes or no answer was all zbomb was looking for.

just curious.

He only signed it because it was attached to another bill that he wanted. If not for the other bill he would not have signed it.
Also in order to truly be a supporter of the 2nd amendment you have to support all of it including the part that says shall not be infringed. Most support the right to keep & bear arms but they either conveniently forget or ignore the last part.

Mmm...cookies. Being a democrat in support of the 2A is like being a republican who's for gay marriage: novel, but ultimately bound for disappointment and frustration.

The difference being that a lot more Republicans are in favor of (or at least don't care about) gay marriage than Democrats supporting the 2A.

simple yes or no answer was all zbomb was looking for.

Pretty much, but I had a feeling what would be presented would not be so simple, and it was'nt.

If the OP would be willing to donate so much of his hard earned treasure to play both for ( through donations to pro 2A ) and against ( Voting for O ) himself, he's a creature worth studying....

Nope not really looking for attention just got annoyed when reading the un is taking your guns post.... not that I belive that the un dosent want to take away everyones guns they do but as I see it I hate partisan bs that all democrats are anti gun if it wasn't for the fact that polotions in this country must join one of the two major partys inorder to really have a chance on the ballot or get any backing we would have drasticly more indipendents and if it wasn't for the fact te partisan bs we would have alot more democrats 2a democrats who can vote the way they see fit and alot more pro choice republicans for that matter..and who I have voted for is really my own business and telling people how you vote and being pressured into one side or another is a big part of what is wrong with our country and ask any indpendent who they voted for and half will tell you to go screw if I was scared of what you guys thought of my polotics I wouldent have made this post

Punctuation is your friend.

I think the government should sponsor a program to take a certain percentage of everyone's firearms/ammo and re distribute it to those who cant afford it. That way everyone can protect themselves!

Hey crime: Checkmate

Nope not really looking for attention just got annoyed when reading the un is taking your guns post.... not that I belive that the un dosent want to take away everyones guns they do but as I see it I hate partisan bs that all democrats are anti gun if it wasn't for the fact that polotions in this country must join one of the two major partys inorder to really have a chance on the ballot or get any backing we would have drasticly more indipendents and if it wasn't for the fact te partisan bs we would have alot more democrats 2a democrats who can vote the way they see fit and alot more pro choice republicans for that matter..and who I have voted for is really my own business and telling people how you vote and being pressured into one side or another is a big part of what is wrong with our country and ask any indpendent who they voted for and half will tell you to go screw if I was scared of what you guys thought of my polotics I wouldent have made this post

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't care. Being "independent" doesn't make you superior to the "partisan" folks you're looking to put down in your screed. It just means that some people can make decisions while you can't or won't. Whatever.

Look up the UN's Agenda 21 and do some digging. Taking away our guns is only one of hundreds of dehumanizing plans the UN has for the world. Everything Obama is doing is to prepare us for that agenda. The goal is to turn the planet into a human hive where you are assigned enough space to sleep and enough calories to survive, if you do the job they want you to do and keep your mouth shut.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If your writing skills are any indication of your level of intelligence, (and they usually are), You really shouldn't be starting threads like this.
Really. It won't work out well for you.

The difference being that a lot more Republicans are in favor of (or at least don't care about) gay marriage than Democrats supporting the 2A.

True, I've met many more republicans with a lassez-faire attitude about social issues than I have democrats who will tolerate anything other than total compliance with the party line and politicallyy correct mores.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom