Defensive Gun Uses By People Legally Carrying Guns: 22 Cases During March 2022

This one…ouch

Philadelphia, PA, March 24, 2022 (CBS Philly)

Police say a 36-year-year old man was attempting to rob a dollar store when he pulled out what appeared to be a weapon.
The weapon, police say, was in the shape of a gun and covered in plastic.
The manager, who has a license to carry, then took out a gun and shot the suspect in the head. The shooting unfolded at the dollar store at 9th Street and Girard Avenue just after 8:30 p.m. on Thursday…
CBS3 Staff, “Police: Dollar General Manager Shoots, Kills Attempted Robber Inside North Philadelphia Store,” CBS Philly, March 25, 2022.

Just an observation after reading through these case summaries: very frequently it’s in and around the victim’s vehicle and in transitional spaces. I guess the lesson is: situation awareness and prep to draw from the drivers seat.

I would love to see a thread that deals with defensive use of AR 15's.
I know arguing with liberals is a fool's errand, but in the last few days, I have lost track of how many people have told me that a AR 15 can not be used for self defense, and they have no use in civilian hands.
I can think of Steven Wilford, he defended that Church in Texas, and the 20 year old kid that killed 3 out the 4 home invaders.
I'm sure there must be many more stories.

I know arguing with liberals is a fool's errand, but in the last few days, I have lost track of how many people have told me that a AR 15 can not be used for self defense, and they have no use in civilian hands.
I can think of Steven Wilford, he defended that Church in Texas, and the 20 year old kid that killed 3 out the 4 home invaders.

I just tell them I choose an AR15 for home defense because that's what the state police recommend.
And link them the article.

And the dumbed down version for people who don't want to read much.

There was a case here in IL a few years ago ... I don't recall the details, some deep Google Fu searching may find the incident, but ... the defender chose his AR instead of other weapons as he believed it would make the biggest/strongest impression on the Bad Guy wishing to do harm.

Back
Top Bottom