Deer hunting in Plymouth?

Anybody know of good locations?

I was going to go to Camp Edwards with my brother, he wasn't going to hunt just hangout with me, but you can't get on base without a license so we have to change spots now.

I was thinking Myles Standish but I wouldn't know where to go in there, I'm use to going there for fish and pheasant, but not deer.

Anyone have any info that could help out, this is my first time going out and I want to have the best chance.

Thanks again.

Ive been hunting miles standish this year, and so far my luck has been terrible. It's a big place however, and maybe i'm just in the wrong places.

Ive been hunting miles standish this year, and so far my luck has been terrible. It's a big place however, and maybe i'm just in the wrong places.

I actually spoke to one of the DCR guys there today and he's only seen 8 deer check in today...

I'm also looking at Rocky Gutter in Middleboro...

You can go near my house in the woods of south plymouth, plenty-o-bucks there. The last two nights when running my nightly route around the bogs across the street from my house I saw a couple of nice bucks. One just stood there for a good five seconds as we ran by, not more than 20 feet away, before he bolted. I run with my dogs, a couple of Jack Russels and they were ready to go, too bad those bucks were much too fast for them. My old lady always says I should run with a pistol,, haha,, she thinks it's "dangerous" to run in the woods at night, I think she is a _____, nevermind.

What forest is that? I don't want to hunt somewhere I'm going to get arrested for.

Thanks for the invite thought!

Not really a "forest",,, the area I'm talking about is owned by tidemarsh farms, I live on Bartlett Road across the street from them. Lot's and lots of bogs, woods and wetlands. There is enough room to hunt with a bow, probably even a shotgun depending on the round -- I am not so sure about a rifle though. But this time of the year I hear shots going off all the time near me, but I assume they are in conservation area (around Little Island pond) right before the dump on beaver damn road.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBcQ8gEwAA

Last edited:
No rifles in MA! If you are open to my father and I searching for a buck there please let me know thru PM. It would be greatly appreciated as my local spot seems to be dead this year.

I'm also looking at Rocky Gutter in Middleboro...

Rocky gutter is not bad. Just dont shoot me if you go there.

Myles Standish: DONT FORGET YOUR KEVLAR. lol

The pine hills in Manomet used to be good, but I think they are pretty crowded duting hunting season now. For Miles Standish, look at a map and go in the College pond area. I see a lot of deer in that area in the summer when I am fishing.

The pine hills in Manomet used to be good, but I think they are pretty crowded duting hunting season now. For Miles Standish, look at a map and go in the College pond area. I see a lot of deer in that area in the summer when I am fishing.

good one. now that place will be crowded.

i woke up to shotgun shots the other day near my girlfriends house in Kingston. I dont know what they were hunting, but i counted 5 shots at 6am. probably a shitty hunter that couldnt aim. the kind i hate. and he was too close to houses.

Yeah? I havent seen anyone else out there except the quail/phesant guys. but i have been sick since before shotgun season opened, so it could be different now.

before deer, those were the only seasons, and coyote.

i woke up to shotgun shots the other day near my girlfriends house in Kingston. I dont know what they were hunting, but i counted 5 shots at 6am. probably a shitty hunter that couldnt aim. the kind i hate. and he was too close to houses.
Did you actually see him? No? Then you have no idea how close he was to houses. The report from a shotgun travels a very long distance.

good one. now that place will be crowded.

before deer, those were the only seasons, and coyote.

Are we forgetting the reason I was there... Archery deer?

You sure about the time?? Legal hunting hours are from a half-hour before sunrise, to a half-hour after sunset. sunrise was at ~ 6:54 this week, so anything earlier than 6:24am was something other than a legal shotgun hunting blast. Maybe a neighbor offed his wife??

You sure about the time?? Legal hunting hours are from a half-hour before sunrise, to a half-hour after sunset. sunrise was at ~ 6:54 this week, so anything earlier than 6:24am was something other than a legal shotgun hunting blast. Maybe a neighbor offed his wife??

My girl had the cellphone next to the bed. maybe it was a little later than six. all I know is that she said " its 6am, go back to sleep" and I said " sorry babe" lol

At M1911
Close enough to wake me up. THe only area where u can hunt in Kingston is behind my girlfriends house, where its full of deer. All the other places r just barely within law limits. And the ones that aren't are town property and bylaws prohibits hunting there.

And to those people saying that I'm bashing hunters, I am not. I support hunting, gun rights, goal and the nra. During deer season I even let my neighbor use my stand.

At M1911
Close enough to wake me up.
And you simply have no idea how close he was. A shotgun blast several hundred yards away is loud. During waterfowl season I hear hunters at dawn 1 mile away at Heard Pond. Sound carries, particularly during quiet times of the day (like around dawn).

And to those people saying that I'm bashing hunters, I am not. I support hunting, gun rights, goal and the nra. During deer season I even let my neighbor use my stand.
[rofl][rofl2]

Come on, dude. Do you really think that we've already forgotten your "stupid hunter" thread where you were whining about a hunter obeying the law?

Yes, you are bashing hunters. Enough already.

Back
Top Bottom