Deals and steals

$250 then use 10OFF2324 for 10% when you sign up for text/email deals
Not that great of a deal. There are regularly on sale at palmetto state armory for $200-223 and if your willing to get a used one you can find them quite often for $175 on different forums.

CZ 75 SP-01 for $507
Can people in the business comment on this? How do some vendors offer these prices way below the MSRP?
This one is at least $150 below what is normal.
It always makes me wonder what special supply chain the vendor has access to.
Did they get hold of some defective batch or QA rejects that the factory is getting rid of via dubious channels? Does this happen?
I guess, what I am trying to get to is, is such product safe to purchase?

(sorry @drgrant - tagging you because you know pretty much everything)

Last edited:
Can people in the business comment on this? How do some vendors offer these prices way below the MSRP?
Did they get hold of some defective batch or QA rejects that the factory is getting rid of via dubious channels? Does this happen?

It's probably not a BD, or it's an Omega. Nobody likes Omegas. So those are probably being blown out. This kind of thing is overstock, somewhere. Thats how it gets sold on the
cheap. Some dist had a pallet of them and then sells the pallet out for a deal or one of those drop shipper outfits.

Same thing is happening with the P10s right now. Because the market is kinda soft, theres a bunch of P10F and P10S deals to be had for like $400ish. They are great guns but its hard sell when you have Glocks, Sig and Canik in the same store. The normal CZ hipsters wont touch a P10, its too glock-like for them.

It's probably not a BD, or it's an Omega. Nobody likes Omegas. So those are probably being blown out. This kind of thing is overstock, somewhere. Thats how it gets sold on the
cheap. Some dist had a pallet of them and then sells the pallet out for a deal or one of those drop shipper outfits.

Same thing is happening with the P10s right now. Because the market is kinda soft, theres a bunch of P10F and P10S deals to be had for like $400ish. They are great guns but its hard sell when you have Glocks, Sig and Canik in the same store. The normal CZ hipsters wont touch a P10, its too glock-like for them.
The way they had them and the shadow 2's priced i was convinced they were going to have their never been done before new models come out this year

Are they really that good
Yes and no. They are a 1000 lumen light and are the gold standard amongst civilians and anyone who wears a duty belt for a living.

Surefire in general is a great brand and makes great lights. They’ve been around long enough to be an industry go to.

The only downside of the X300 series is the overall length. On a full size gun they are great but if you’re trying to carry a compact then the light will stick out past the muzzle. It’s still easy to conceal but why choose the X300 when you can get a Streamlight TLR7A for half the price and half the size.

Yes and no. They are a 1000 lumen light and are the gold standard amongst civilians and anyone who wears a duty belt for a living.

Surefire in general is a great brand and makes great lights. They’ve been around long enough to be an industry go to.

The only downside of the X300 series is the overall length. On a full size gun they are great but if you’re trying to carry a compact then the light will stick out past the muzzle. It’s still easy to conceal but why choose the X300 when you can get a Streamlight TLR7A for half the price and half the size.
I run the sub7a on all my carry guns olights or tlr1's

I run surefires on all my rifles i just don't know about those x300s for some reason

I think a lot of what's going on there is the non optics cut models aren't selling so well these days combined with a softening market overall so there's some aggressive inventory reduction happening.

I think a lot of what's going on there is the non optics cut models aren't selling so well these days combined with a softening market overall so there's some aggressive inventory reduction happening.
Correct. We've seen this recently on other non-optics cut CZ pistols, although not necessarily a discount this large. 🤔

Correct. We've seen this recently on other non-optics cut CZ pistols, although not necessarily a discount this large. 🤔
Not just CZ, Sig 226 Legion is an example of another one. Still a generally slack market though as I'm also seeing it with optics models, VP9 and P10 are examples there. Then all the rebates and free mag offers...

and the prices for cut slides seems to be creeping up as a side effect?
I wouldn't quite put it that way. I'd say the price gap between no cut and cut seems to be holding or increasing... when one might otherwise expect it to be shrinking. 🤔
Not just CZ, Sig 226 Legion is an example of another one.
Yep. Just watch or subscribe to Gun Deals. Several brands.

Question: How does a price like this work? Do these vendors take a loss in selling at this price? Or is the margin on firearms this high normally, that they can afford to sell as low as this? Or does the factory actually release product at much lower prices occasionally?

Question: How does a price like this work? Do these vendors take a loss in selling at this price? Or is the margin on firearms this high normally, that they can afford to sell as low as this? Or does the factory actually release product at much lower prices occasionally?

End retail vendors take no losses unless they're sitting on old, overpriced covid stock or something. CZ and the dists might take a hit but it's "making less money" vs losing money. If you like these kinds of guns don't hesitate to buy because usually the winds will change direction in short order once the surplus is siphoned off.

Back
Top Bottom