Deals and steals

Brownells says their house brand handguards come with Midwest Industries hardware and some reviews say they may be entirely manufactured by MI for Brownells.
They have 10" 12" and 14".

I own a Midwest handguard and I like their hardware, so I decided to give one of these a try in 14 inch for an upper I am building.

Sale price for 14" is $107.99
Use code 10OFF100 for an additional $10 off.

🐯

Those MTM ammo crates are back in stock at AMZ for $12.99 and currently with next day prime shipping.

www.amazon.com/dp/B01CNP4HMG

I have been putting the ones from my previous orders to use getting some ammo out of shipping cartons it has been sitting in and into the crates along with a couple desiccant packets.

I am calling this one the @enbloc Special with 2000@CCI Mini Mags and 100@Wolf 00 Buckshot

ieIYk5F.jpg

🐯

DT makes good socks.

I'm always shocked at the # of sock sales out there. Between DT's site, GoBros, SocksAddict. While good socks are not going to be $7.99 for a pack of twelve pair of toobsox at theKMart, they also last a lot longer. I tend to wear "stylish" socks in teh summertime at work. But in winter, I wear DT's or SmartWool exclusively. Both can be worn in summer as well. There is zero appreciable heat difference between them and a normal light weight sock. And I use mid-to-heavy weight DT's.

DT makes good socks.

I'm always shocked at the # of sock sales out there. Between DT's site, GoBros, SocksAddict. While good socks are not going to be $7.99 for a pack of twelve pair of toobsox at theKMart, they also last a lot longer. I tend to wear "stylish" socks in teh summertime at work. But in winter, I wear DT's or SmartWool exclusively. Both can be worn in summer as well. There is zero appreciable heat difference between them and a normal light weight sock. And I use mid-to-heavy weight DT's.

That'd be an expensive upgrade, buying say a weeks worth of socks @ $15/each (ie 14 sets anyway). Although I bet they last a year and in a year I probably spend a bit more on replacing footwear - boots (my day to day attire, not a sneakers guy) and business casual shoes I replace every 6 months usually.

That'd be an expensive upgrade, buying say a weeks worth of socks @ $15/each (ie 14 sets anyway). Although I bet they last a year and in a year I probably spend a bit more on replacing footwear - boots (my day to day attire, not a sneakers guy) and business casual shoes I replace every 6 months usually.
When Darn Tough socks wear out the company will send you a new pair under the lifetime warranty. It's why they are so expensive. You are buying a pair of socks for life. They stay profitable because most people don't keep requesting the warranty be honored and the quality is such they last much long than most other pairs of socks to begin with.

Made in the US with USA components too.

When Darn Tough socks wear out the company will send you a new pair under the lifetime warranty. It's why they are so expensive. You are buying a pair of socks for life. They stay profitable because most people don't keep requesting the warranty be honored and the quality is such they last much long than most other pairs of socks to begin with.

Made in the US with USA components too.

Hey that's cool I guess. I bet they do last longer too. Not sure it's the business model I'd pay for though - paying more so i can call and request an RMA for spent socks :). Cheaper in the long run yes, more straightforward if they costed less and you just bought more as they wore out.

I do own some $20 socks, for performance-needed situations. And I can see why it'd be nice to have them for day to day casual wear - seems kinda rich for my blood is all.

Those MTM ammo crates are back in stock at AMZ for $12.99 and currently with next day prime shipping.

www.amazon.com/dp/B01CNP4HMG

I have been putting the ones from my previous orders to use getting some ammo out of shipping cartons it has been sitting in and into the crates along with a couple desiccant packets.

I am calling this one the @enbloc Special with 2000@CCI Mini Mags and 100@Wolf 00 Buckshot

ieIYk5F.jpg

🐯

You. Know. Me... 🥰

I have some pairs of DT pushing 10 years old, buy a couple pairs a few times a year and you will have a weeks worth of socks in no time. another thing I like is they don't stink, when I'm camping I can wear a pair a couple of days no problem, just be sure to dry them daily.

Last edited:

They don't wear out. You'll get YEARS of use out of them. To the point where you won't even bother with the warranty, you'll just buy another pair b/c they lasted so long.

You replace your biz-cash shoes semi-annually???? Are you buying these at Walmart? I've never worn a shoe that wears out in 6 months. Or did you mean teh socks - which is why they are wearing out in 6 months. LOL

an email from bergara came of the new small batch m40 run they do, but, at the $3500 - geez, dunno if it is a deal or a steal, or at someplace else altogether.
nevertheless:

an email from bergara came of the new small batch m40 run they do, but, at the $3500 - geez, dunno if it is a deal or a steal, or at someplace else altogether.
nevertheless:

Wow! $3500 for a 308!? Retail price for the parts in this rifle is $2000-$2200 tops.

They don't wear out. You'll get YEARS of use out of them. To the point where you won't even bother with the warranty, you'll just buy another pair b/c they lasted so long.

You replace your biz-cash shoes semi-annually???? Are you buying these at Walmart? I've never worn a shoe that wears out in 6 months. Or did you mean teh socks - which is why they are wearing out in 6 months. LOL

I've had a bunch, mostly your Kohls level cheapish Oxford shoes, sketchers, that kinda stuff - $80 or less and i tend to buy x2 (time saver). Just something that makes me feel similar but is more professional than black steel toe boots, as management working in tech.

I walk fast and with a purpose, I inadvertently step into puddles and scuff them up on stuff, I get hot easy and don't do well in anything I wear more than 4 hours at a time. Shoes look a little beat, get a little stiff from wet/dry cycles, get stinky - next time I have to do something marginally important a new pair comes out and old ones in the trash.

Went back to docs this time, took 5 days of wearing to get comfortable, but I bet these do go a year.

Last edited:
Fenix C7 at Longhorn Tactical, 3000 lumen max output, magnetic base, built in USB-C charging. 25% off with code C7ELIST. Free shipping and no tax, so total $59.96. I've another Fenix and it's first rate.

Thanks. Did you tighten them up or live with it? I have one on order...
I left it, I double checked to see if the screws were tight which they were.

I bought this one pictured from aim surplus ( I am not sure what brand they use ) probably a good eight years ago and thousands of rounds through it it finally broke, A quick call to aim surplus they sent me a new bolt kit on the house even after eight years.

Attachments

• 5FD15AD7-A7FA-4146-923F-3DE57EECF070.jpeg
    5FD15AD7-A7FA-4146-923F-3DE57EECF070.jpeg
    547.8 KB · Views: 45
Back
Top Bottom