Deals and steals

Ballistic advantage online store 10% off everything through 11/12. IIRC they don’t ship to MA but not sure perhaps they’ve grown a pair since then.

Cabela's will have the Savage XP with 3-9x Weaver scope marked down to $250 again on Black Friday. I picked one up for this price in 6.5C to try the cartridge out a few years ago, and I liked it so much I bought one in .223 when they had a deal similar to this last summer. They are surprisingly accurate, and there's something satisfying about hitting 4" steel at 400 yards with a $250 rifle!

An MCARBO trigger kit is well worth the $20 for the upgrade.

Axis XP.png

I recently spent some time at the range with the .223 and some $.65 per round Creedmoor Sports ammo from CMP. Most three shot groups at 100 yards were under 1", and right about the time I settled in and shot this one I decided to call it a day on a high note! I'm very happy with the performance of both XP rifles, especially considering the price.

IMG_1674.jpg
AN

Cabela's will have the Savage XP with 3-9x Weaver scope marked down to $250 again on Black Friday. I picked one up for this price in 6.5C to try the cartridge out a few years ago, and I liked it so much I bought one in .223 when they had a deal similar to this last summer. They are surprisingly accurate, and there's something satisfying about hitting 4" steel at 400 yards with a $250 rifle!

View attachment 541924

I recently spent some time at the range with the .223 and some $.65 per round Creedmoor Sports ammo from CMP. Most three shot groups at 100 yards were under 1", and right about the time I settled in and shot this one I decided to call it a day on a high note! I'm very happy with the performance of both XP rifles, especially considering the price.

View attachment 541926
AN
Did you buy it online and pick it up later last year? Or did you need to go in store to get the deal?

Did you buy it online and pick it up later last year? Or did you need to go in store to get the deal?

I picked up the first one in the store. This worked out well for me, because Cabela's was also offering $25 in points for spending $250. In the end that one cost me about $220 with the sale, rebate, and points back.

The .223 was never available in local stores, and only showed up sporadically online. When it did show up I bought it online and picked it up in the store. They were once again running that extra $25 deal, but it only applied to items purchased in store. The price online was the same as in store, and the rebate worked out the same as well.

I picked up the first one in the store. This worked out well for me, because Cabela's was also offering $25 in points for spending $250. In the end that one cost me about $220 with the sale, rebate, and points back.

The .223 was never available in local stores, and only showed up sporadically online. When it did show up I bought it online and picked it up in the store. They were once again running that extra $25 deal, but it only applied to items purchased in store. The price online was the same as in store, and the rebate worked out the same as well.
Thanks. I think I will pick one up.
I just do not like shopping when its busy

24 gun safe $300 off at BJs. Normally $799.

Thanks! Just bought one! It's nice!

Amen and amen. People crap all over Levi's and so many other "made in China" brands. Then we genuflect to Old Navy??? Their clothing lifecycle is measured in months. They have a size/fit of jean that fits me real well. Sadly, after a single winter season of wearing them minimally, they are toast. :(

Amen and amen. People crap all over Levi's and so many other "made in China" brands. Then we genuflect to Old Navy??? Their clothing lifecycle is measured in months. They have a size/fit of jean that fits me real well. Sadly, after a single winter season of wearing them minimally, they are toast. :(
I've never bought their clothes. They were poorly made in 2000, I have no reason to think they're better now. But then, unless I'm dressing up, I'm wearing black BDUs 95% of the time - in style, I am not.

View attachment 541924

View attachment 541926
AN
Is this a .223 one they are selling?

I've never bought their clothes. They were poorly made in 2000, I have no reason to think they're better now. But then, unless I'm dressing up, I'm wearing black BDUs 95% of the time - in style, I am not.

At least tell me they fit you. Like you don't buy stuff that is not 2 sizes too big so you look like hte Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man who was left in the campfire too long. LOL

At least tell me they fit you. Like you don't buy stuff that is not 2 sizes too big so you look like hte Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man who was left in the campfire too long. LOL
You can rest easy, I don't wear pants that don't make my ass look at least "ok."

Is this a .223 one they are selling?

The usually have about six calibers to choose from. I think the last time they had this deal they sold the following calibers: .223, .243, 6.5C, .270, .308, and .30-06. 7mm-08 may have been in the mix as well. They tend to stock some of the popular ones in store for these sales. The .223 never showed up in MA/ CT stores so I ordered it online.

The usually have about six calibers to choose from. I think the last time they had this deal they sold the following calibers: .223, .243, 6.5C, .270, .308, and .30-06. 7mm-08 may have been in the mix as well. They tend to stock some of the popular ones in store for these sales. The .223 never showed up in MA/ CT stores so I ordered it online.
The question is, for someone who doesn’t own any of those cals (except 223) or a bolt action, which one to start with…? 🤷🏼‍♂️
Asking for a friend.

Back
Top Bottom