• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

I wonder how it compares to the $700 Odin Works upper from Primary Arms that you persuaded me to get a couple of weeks ago in the 9mm vs 45 acp .223/5.56 vs. ????? thread.:) (So far I’m happy with the Odin upper, but haven’t gotten any serious range time with it. Only function checked it on my backyard range.)
I need time to absorb damage from buying xl750 setup, so, not going to try that one out.
I want next a straight pull 6CM bolt gun, but not sure yet which one. a 6GT would also be fun, but, i do not want to deal with its brass, 6CM brass is everywhere now.
And need to find a 600yds range as well.

Last edited:
At that price I think I’d still lean to LaRue
larue is a 2 stage, that CMC is a single stage trigger, some may prefer that... but a #3.5 pull - most will go for a 3-gun #2.5 model anyway, even if more expensive.
deal with larue is - it is a #3.5 total, but the actual second stage pull is barely a #1 or #1.5 - so it is quite nice.

Damn. That's still a buck a round.

Going on 20 years ago, on another gun group, one guy was a HEAVY buckshot shooter. He mentioned at the time that the latest batch of Estate was low recoil and tight grouping. I picked up a case. I probably have the vast majority of that case left. It was probably $60-70 for the case at the time. Estate was very cheap, in cost, back then. It's good ammo. But I'm crying over almost $1/rd being a "deal."

Damn. That's still a buck a round.

Going on 20 years ago, on another gun group, one guy was a HEAVY buckshot shooter. He mentioned at the time that the latest batch of Estate was low recoil and tight grouping. I picked up a case. I probably have the vast majority of that case left. It was probably $60-70 for the case at the time. Estate was very cheap, in cost, back then. It's good ammo. But I'm crying over almost $1/rd being a "deal."
Well, if you're in any New England State except for MA, you can get stuff for 40c/round. Here's and example:

Back
Top Bottom