• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deals and steals

Inline Fabrication has a discount that's getting applied at checkout. Knocked $20 off my order (plus free shipping) tonight. Got a new mount, and arm for the RCBS press I just ordered (finally was available when I looked). Going to change over from the old turret press to the progressive once it arrives. Also ordered the LED kit from Inline to mount to the press. I could have made something myself for that, but figured it was easier to just order what they offer.

Would anyone happen to know whether Leupold scopes ever go on sale? I'm wondering whether to wait around for Black Friday deals, but if these scopes are never discounted, then I'll just go ahead and order one now. The reason I ask is that PA just had a 12% off sale on most things on their site, but Leupold was excluded from the discount.

Thanks.

Frank

Well it looks like I got my answer to my question above...

Optics Planet is having an "Early Black Friday Access" event, with 11% off with the coupon code ELVN, through 11/24/21.

I tried using the code to purchase the Leupold scope I wanted, and it rejected the code, with the note: "Sorry, this coupon does not apply due to manufacturer restrictions."

I suppose there might be a Leupold sponsored sales event at some point, but that appears to be the only hope of getting one of their scopes at a discount.

So, at least now I know.

Frank

Optics Planet is having an "Early Black Friday Access" event, with 11% off with the coupon code ELVN, through 11/24/21.

I tried using the code to purchase the Leupold scope I wanted, and it rejected the code, with the note: "Sorry, this coupon does not apply due to manufacturer restrictions."

I suppose there might be a Leupold sponsored sales event at some point, but that appears to be the only hope of getting one of their scopes at a discount.

So, at least now I know.

Frank

OP has been more stingy with their coupons as of about a year ago when things went full retard. Before typically any coupon worked on any product, and going back a little further I was able to use multiple codes sometimes. But I would suggest looking up their 5% code online, ie Google "optics planet 5%" and try that too.

Definitely if you are going to buy there sign up for an account so you also get their bucks - every purchase puts x% in your account that always can be used for any purchase and when you buy enough you become "VIP" and get a discount across the whole site.

Have made some purchases there even within the last year where I was using bucks they gave me due to some promotion at 10%, plus a site wide discount atop a sale price due to VIP, plus another 10% off with some coupon, and a barrel that normally would sell say at primary arms for like $300 was about $150. It's possible they just block out those scopes but generally there I can buy things somewhere between competitive pricing and outrageously discounted.

no clue if that scope is good or not - vortex for $99 at midway. looks similar to diamondback, but named differently - go figure.
should be an OK for a .22lr mostly anything.

all of them:

Last edited:

So, at least now I know.

Frank
I did just see one Leupold on sale at Cabela’s, the Leupold VX-6 HD Rifle Scope 3-18x44mm, a wopping $100 off ($1700 vs $1800):

OP has been more stingy with their coupons as of about a year ago when things went full retard. Before typically any coupon worked on any product, and going back a little further I was able to use multiple codes sometimes. But I would suggest looking up their 5% code online, ie Google "optics planet 5%" and try that too.

Definitely if you are going to buy there sign up for an account so you also get their bucks - every purchase puts x% in your account that always can be used for any purchase and when you buy enough you become "VIP" and get a discount across the whole site.

Have made some purchases there even within the last year where I was using bucks they gave me due to some promotion at 10%, plus a site wide discount atop a sale price due to VIP, plus another 10% off with some coupon, and a barrel that normally would sell say at primary arms for like $300 was about $150. It's possible they just block out those scopes but generally there I can buy things somewhere between competitive pricing and outrageously discounted.

Thanks for the detailed response. I do already have an account with OP, and used up a pretty sizable amount of bucks credits on my last purchase. And I did look up the 5% code that you suggested, and once again, got the same "Sorry, this coupon does not apply due to manufacturer restrictions." message again. But it was certainly worth a try.

So, I'll wait it out to see if anything changes over the next week, with Black Friday deals and Cyber Monday coming up. Worst case, I still have a $15 off coupon I have from OP that I should be able to use.

Thanks again,

Frank

I've had bad luck Optics Planet. So have many others I know.

Be careful out there!

A lot of people here say that, my experience has been great but possibly with slow shipping (free, say 2 weeks ordered to received) 90% of the time. Honestly could care less. Once I got the wrong barrel, returned, recieved new one a month or two later during a buying craze period which is kinda normal. Occasionally I find an item is on backorder that I didn't notice or they didn't divulge and I wait or cancel it - most recently I am finding they ship everything separately so causes no delay for what is available.

Getting them on the phone is nearly impossible but the online system works fine. Overall I think the rule is if you are patient and want cheap, they are great, plus they allow backorder so you can get in line for hard to find items and will eventually receive them at today's prices, but if you need it fast or you want to resolve problems over the phone this is not your store.

I have spent thousands there and by far the averages have worked out in my favor. But typically gun stuff sits on my shelf for months in a backlog of projects, what I ordered last night for instance maybe I get to using in January.

I think everything I ordered from optics planet eventually showed, but it sometimes took way too many months.

I just avoid them now because you can usually find what you want in stock and for the same price from other places. There are times when you can chat with their CS reps and get killer deals.

Would anyone happen to know whether Leupold scopes ever go on sale? I'm wondering whether to wait around for Black Friday deals, but if these scopes are never discounted, then I'll just go ahead and order one now. The reason I ask is that PA just had a 12% off sale on most things on their site, but Leupold was excluded from the discount.

Thanks.

Frank
So just for jollies I went back and looked at my records. Back in late November of 2016 I was able to pick up a Leupold VX-6 3-18x50mm CDS Firedot on closeout for $950 when their original list was $1820. This was a few months after they had discontinued the VX-6 and replaced it with the VX-6HD, so Cabela’s was having a fire sale on the older model. That’s the only time I've ever seen a good deal on Leupold scopes.

A lot of people here say that, my experience has been great but possibly with slow shipping (free, say 2 weeks ordered to received) 90% of the time. Honestly could care less. Once I got the wrong barrel, returned, recieved new one a month or two later during a buying craze period which is kinda normal. Occasionally I find an item is on backorder that I didn't notice or they didn't divulge and I wait or cancel it - most recently I am finding they ship everything separately so causes no delay for what is available.

Getting them on the phone is nearly impossible but the online system works fine. Overall I think the rule is if you are patient and want cheap, they are great, plus they allow backorder so you can get in line for hard to find items and will eventually receive them at today's prices, but if you need it fast or you want to resolve problems over the phone this is not your store.

I have spent thousands there and by far the averages have worked out in my favor. But typically gun stuff sits on my shelf for months in a backlog of projects, what I ordered last night for instance maybe I get to using in January.

When you order from OP, look at the actual estimated date of the order. That is based on the mfg bc OP drop ships from the mfg. They often aren't first in line and they do list product they don't have in stock (thus look at the dates).

Any bad experiences are likely from a lack of research and understanding the process but I would be amazed if anyone was out any money. OP has always had a solid customer service to handle backorders and shipping.

In other words, if you are going to bad mouth a supplier, do it with specifics in a dedicated thread not a blanket non specific statement in a deals thread.

When you order from OP, look at the actual estimated date of the order. That is based on the mfg bc OP drop ships from the mfg. They often aren't first in line and they do list product they don't have in stock (thus look at the dates).

Any bad experiences are likely from a lack of research and understanding the process but I would be amazed if anyone was out any money. OP has always had a solid customer service to handle backorders and shipping.

In other words, if you are going to bad mouth a supplier, do it with specifics in a dedicated thread not a blanket non specific statement in a deals thread.

I agree, and coming from someone who has and will keep spending $$ there, the backed up "horror stories" I hear are usually marginally slow shipping, ie a couple weeks, not being able to reach someone on the phone, backorders, and a couple where a scope came in broken.

OP is definitely unique where they actually let you order stuff that may not show for months and months. I see the good and bad there but a few clicks and the order is canceled too. Now if someone gets on the phone to do it and is already butt hurt because unlike say PA they didn't realize OP will list and sell the nearly unobtanium, I can see the meltdown setting up.

They are basically the Walmart of gun eratta. Being big and efficient has its ups and downs. I think some percentage of the time, like the $65 faux glock barrels I ordered last night, plus $$ they give me back as bucks, and free shipping, they are making pennies. Hell last order I got from them included a random pistol spring I didn't pay for, someone else is probably pissed :).. but I bet in the course of a year, buying at OP my $4000 of stuff would easily cost $5000 anywhere else.

I had one bad experience with OP early on, before I knew to look closely at whether the item was in stock or not. My order eventually came, but only after I ordered it again from someplace else. It turned out not to be a big deal because I ended up needing the second one anyway.

Otherwise, I've found them to be great, and have gotten some really good deals from them, from not only an overall pricing standpoint, but also because of their OP bucks and coupon codes.

Frank

Anyone see a potential deal on Vortex Razors?
Liberty optics is the place for vortex. Don’t pay attention to the price until you add it to your cart. The prices are significantly better once they hit your cart. Only issue with liberty is nothing is in stock and he does batch order to get better pricing so you have to wait a few weeks to a month. However the savings are usually worth it if you’re not in a rush.

So, at least now I know.

Frank
They have a very good veteran's discount.

gimmick.

on separate note, CMMG‘s product line is absurdly overpriced. They want to be a Gucci builder without building anything Gucci. I own a CMMG LR-308 that shoots great but their handguards might as well be made of steel. Their components are stupid heavy. Their mk47 is an interesting design that should have ditched the charging handle in favor of a side charging knob a la AK47. In a saturated market of quality AR manufacturers, I just don’t understand what CMMG does to warrant their prices.

—-
tenicor running 10% off for the week

Noveske is having a 15% - 25% off sale on barrels.

Starts soon.

Don't bother: Nobody wanted to wait for the sale so they bought out the web store at the retail price.

These are on sale again for $245 at Home Depot. They make great ammo storage cabinets, each shelf is rated for 150 lbs. They have several cable holes in the back so they won’t over pressure in case of a fire.

The black are a bit more. I have the black:
View attachment 544671
Thank you. Just ordered.

gimmick.

on separate note, CMMG‘s product line is absurdly overpriced. They want to be a Gucci builder without building anything Gucci. I own a CMMG LR-308 that shoots great but their handguards might as well be made of steel. Their components are stupid heavy. Their mk47 is an interesting design that should have ditched the charging handle in favor of a side charging knob a la AK47. In a saturated market of quality AR manufacturers, I just don’t understand what CMMG does to warrant their prices.

—-
tenicor running 10% off for the week

The mutant was cool

But yeah they arent crazy good

Thanks.

Frank

3 Leupold models on sale here.

Back
Top Bottom