Deals and steals

Ensures extreme operational accuracy! Lol
More like it will result in more regulation on what is a forward grip. I get the attitude of pushing the legal limits and the "but the law says" mental gymnastic people use, and I even disagree with the law. But this kind of thing is what leads to more laws with more restrictions, it's not helping anything.

9873cPi.jpg

i am sorry for a dumb question - so - that one is a 9mm press. is it only going to work for 9mm or can it be modified to also load .223 and 6.5CM?

i am sorry for a dumb question - so - that one is a 9mm press. is it only going to work for 9mm or can it be modified to also load .223 and 6.5CM?
that is not a dumb question at all. ask questions in the world of reloading, many questions. one of the ways to help ensure you stay safe!
that particular press is only used for straight wall cartridges, not bottleneck rifle. from the link description

"Featuring an automatically indexed shell plate, it is intended to produce moderate quantities of match-quality handgun ammunition for the user who does not have a need to load bottle-necked cartridges."

the auto indexing part means the shell plate (the thing that is holding the brass you're charging) moves when you crank the handle, and don't have to index it to the next stage by hand in an additional motion.

Normally, a press is a press. This specific one (the SDB) is a special case. It takes proprietary dies and can only do short cartridges, essentially just pistol.

Here’s one for rifle (and pistol)

Normally, a press is a press. This specific one (the SDB) is a special case. It takes proprietary dies and can only do short cartridges, essentially just pistol.
well, i just still trying to understand if there is a way to avoid having collection of presses for different calibers. i really do not want to get multiples, if it is possible, space is the issue.

well, i just still trying to understand if there is a way to avoid having collection of presses for different calibers. i really do not want to get multiples, if it is possible, space is the issue.

Yes. Don't buy a square deal B.

A Dillon 550C would be a good option that does not use proprietary dies.

and then it simply needs several caliber kits and it is all?

Caliber kits that include tool head and powder measure are fast but expensive. Alternatively, you can be a cheap SOB and just buy dies, the correct shell plate, and the correct pins. Much less expensive but you 'tear down' your setup every time VS. buying the swappable tool head, etc.

and then it simply needs several caliber kits and it is all?

Yes.. you can even go further with extra tool heads and keep the different dies mounted in them. Then changeover is even easier/faster.

Dang. Get those guns dusted off
I know right? Was shooting at least once a month for the last few years, 2020 I zeroed in a new hunting rifle to the tune of 30 rounds, and took 3 shots in the field.

If ammo wasn't f***in $45 a box for 9mm I'd be more likely to get out there, but I don't have a huge stash handy.

Yes. Don't buy a square deal B.

A Dillon 550C would be a good option that does not use proprietary dies.
I’ve had a SDB a 550 and a 650. If I ever got back into reloading, I’d probably go to a 550. Auto indexing is nice, but I’d you make a mistake, you’re sorta screwed. The SDB is small inside the press. It’s ok for 9mm. Once you get bigger, your fingers get in the way. And I’d you go down 1/2 way and see a problem, you’re screwed. Backing up advances everything.

I also had a LnL AP. Do not get. It indexes backwards and your hands and the press get in the way of seeing what is going on in most of the stages. Especially the stage after powder charging. Which is NOT good.

I’ve had a SDB a 550 and a 650. If I ever got back into reloading, I’d probably go to a 550. Auto indexing is nice, but I’d you make a mistake, you’re sorta screwed. The SDB is small inside the press. It’s ok for 9mm. Once you get bigger, your fingers get in the way. And I’d you go down 1/2 way and see a problem, you’re screwed. Backing up advances everything.

I also had a LnL AP. Do not get. It indexes backwards and your hands and the press get in the way of seeing what is going on in most of the stages. Especially the stage after powder charging. Which is NOT good.
I love my LNL AP. Loaded easily 50-60k rounds and it works well. No issues yet. But everyone has their own preference on presses.

Back
Top Bottom