• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dealers only using the Approved Roster now?

Where did you "hear" this?

Talking with a fellow member via Private Messages about the HK P2000sk.. He said he picked one up at <MOD: No Names Please> and said
they are saying that the AG list is no longer in effect only the roster now.

I'm still waiting for my Class A.. so I haven't done much looking around at dealers.. didn't want to waster there time until I'm able to buy.. just lots of drooling over the internet...

Last edited by a moderator:
Massachusetts gun buyers can be there own worst enemy.

This is especially true when it comes to off-list handguns. If a dealer is selling, and you want to buy, don't ask stupid questions. Buy the thing and shut up!

If you're not buying, don't be an ass and complain that its illegal, its not doing you any good, except that it might help you feel more self-righteous, and any dealer with a clue knows damn well what they're doing.

If I was in the market for a P2000sk, and found a dealer selling one, that last thing I would do is complain about it or question why they where doing it. And I wouldn't ask questions about it on a public forum either. :)

--EasyD

Massachusetts gun buyers can be there own worst enemy.

This is especially true when it comes to off-list handguns. If a dealer is selling, and you want to buy, don't ask stupid questions. Buy the thing and shut up!

If you're not buying, don't be an ass and complain that its illegal, its not doing you any good, except that it might help you feel more self-righteous, and any dealer with a clue knows damn well what they're doing.

If I was in the market for a P2000sk, and found a dealer selling one, that last thing I would do is complain about it or question why they where doing it. And I wouldn't ask questions about it on a public forum either. :)

--EasyD
huh?

First the P2000 and P2000sk are on the MA Approved Roster list in .357sig.. from my understanding its the AG list that makes the residents of Republic of Mass unable to buy a new one..

The P2000sk I've found around MA are all used... all cost nearly $1000....

Soo

If the AG list is no more... I could pick up a NEW... not used P2000sk for $700 and change shipped...

Also.. I'm not sure what you mean with this

There NEVER WAS AN AG LIST AND LIKELY NEVER WILL BE!

There are AG Regs that are MANDATORY FOR THE MFR TO MEET IN ORDER TO SELL THE HANDGUNS IN MA. The AG will NOT "approve" any handgun. If they disagree, they issue Cease and Desist Orders, Fines of $5K/gun, and threaten a lawsuit. [ALL penalties fall on the MA Dealer and Mfr, NO PENALTIES on buyer!]

So all handguns (not grandfathered) MUST meet the EOPS List (really exists) and be MFR CERTIFIED to meet the AG Regs.

If anyone sells something not meeting BOTH criteria, and you want it, buy it. DON'T PUBLICIZE IT . . . THE AG'S OFFICE USES THE INTERNET/FORUMS TO GATHER INTEL AND STING DEALERS/MFRS/DISTRIBUTORS.

huh?

First the P2000 and P2000sk are on the MA Approved Roster list in .357sig.. from my understanding its the AG list that makes the residents of Republic of Mass unable to buy a new one..

The P2000sk I've found around MA are all used... all cost nearly $1000....

Soo

If the AG list is no more... I could pick up a NEW... not used P2000sk for $700 and change shipped...

Also.. I'm not sure what you mean with this

Yes, the guns are on the EOPS list, so except for the AG magic, they would be available for sale, in 357sig, as you said.

As to the price of one in the state, the rules of supply and demand kick in. I could never spend $1000 on a handgun, but then again, I know someone that got $1000 for a Glock 36, so someone out there is willing.

And a big +1 to what Len said!

--EasyD

Last edited:
Yes, the guns are on the EOPS list, so except for the AG magic, they would be available for sale, in 357sig, as you said.

As to the price of one in the state, the rules of supply and demand kick in. I could never spend $1000 on a handgun, but then again, I know someone that got $1000 for a Glock 36, so someone out there is willing.

And a big +1 to what Len said!

--EasyD

+10

Fred

Back
Top Bottom