DC doesn't give a damn about the Second Amendment

We agree. You may be missing that Clinotus has his tongue very firmly in his cheek with that comment. He's demonstrating the logic/strategy the antis use to clobber us in the courts of public opinion - not espousing this as his own opinion.

Yes. I know. I feel sometimes I'm preaching to the choir!

WOW!

I asked people to take time to think about what they write here, and the Mod to step in if necessary according to the rules of this site. I swear and get loud at times, but try not to let it happen in public. I apologize for the thread leaving its original subject, but not for trying to get people to use some restraint of pen or keyboard.

Unfortunately "common sense" guns laws don't make any sense. We are Buzz Word Nation! Yay!

Coming in 2012:

Phone in your vote for idol... whoops... I mean president..........

Now!!!

With the 'temporary' shutdown of chrysler damaging our economy even more (real scary thought....daimler is a European company posting that kind of loss!) Lawyers like this doublespeaking waste of O2 should be honoring their 'oath' to serve their communities as professionals and find some effective and helpful means to help people eat, and pay the rent. It kills me that they just keep ignoring how bad things are getting, and instead come pick on the gunowners.

With the 'temporary' shutdown of chrysler damaging our economy even more (real scary thought....daimler is a European company posting that kind of loss!) Lawyers like this doublespeaking waste of O2 should be honoring their 'oath' to serve their communities as professionals and find some effective and helpful means to help people eat, and pay the rent. It kills me that they just keep ignoring how bad things are getting, and instead come pick on the gunowners.

Chrysler is a privately held entity. I believe Cerebus (sp?) has a majority ownership stake.

The shutdown or continuance of Chrysler plants is not the government's decision to make. It's Chrysler's. With idling inventory, they've made a business decision to stop allocating capital into resources that aren't moving. Many manufacturing organizations idle their plants around this time anyway.

</hijack>

The problem of course is that the Brady crew never seems to engage in profanity. Instead they come across as concerned genteel citizens who are only putting the welfare of society especially children ahead of the interests of a bunch of vulgar, narrow minded bigots who as the President Elect said "cling to their God and their guns..."

I agree with you on this. The Brady Campaign is very sneaky about this, making anyone who disagrees with their gun control ideas look like a neo-Nazi, violent-crime endorsing scofflaw.

I'm a firm believer that the 2A shouldn't be infringed on. But I also believe that like anything else, if we want people to see it our way, we have to present it correctly. Stamping our feet and shouting "Gimme guns! I can have 'em if I want 'em!" isn't going to help us any. Ted Nugent is a smart guy, but not many non-gun owners can relate to him.

We need to be able to educate, inform, and act responsibly if we expect to get anything accomplished, especially with Obama and Clinton in the same administration.

I agree with you on this. The Brady Campaign is very sneaky about this, making anyone who disagrees with their gun control ideas look like a neo-Nazi, violent-crime endorsing scofflaw.

I'm a firm believer that the 2A shouldn't be infringed on. But I also believe that like anything else, if we want people to see it our way, we have to present it correctly. Stamping our feet and shouting "Gimme guns! I can have 'em if I want 'em!" isn't going to help us any. Ted Nugent is a smart guy, but not many non-gun owners can relate to him.

We need to be able to educate, inform, and act responsibly if we expect to get anything accomplished, especially with Obama and Clinton in the same administration.

Sugar coat it. It makes the medicine taste better. Good idea on the public relations "costs".

But don't forget. Do not compromise. You give an inch, they'll take a mile.

Sugar coat it. It makes the medicine taste better. Good idea on the public relations "costs".

But don't forget. Do not compromise. You give an inch, they'll take a mile.

I'm only advocating telling the truth with a friendly smile. I agree 100%, fight every "common sense" law idea they throw out, but do it the right way, not just by shouting louder.

Back
Top Bottom