DATE FIRM, May 22nd . . . 2010 Spring Cast Bullet Workshop - Shirley Rod and Gun Club

Just a reminder, if you are planning on attending, please let us know. There will be food and handouts, and those who are providing for the others should be able to be prepared. So, if you are going, please let us know. The event is a mere 4 weeks away.

I've come up with several additional hand outs, chock full of meaningful details. My handouts now total almost a full box of paper. I'll bring a card table to spread them out on.

Name Tags.... should we have Name Tags????

I would be very interested in attending however with my work travel schedule it would be impossible for me to confirm until a week or 2 prior. Is there a cut off on the date to sign up?

Thanks

I would be very interested in attending however with my work travel schedule it would be impossible for me to confirm until a week or 2 prior. Is there a cut off on the date to sign up?

Thanks
I'm in the same boat MXD and I'm signed up. I won't know if I have to work until a few DAYS before the workshop.

Personally, I'd rather have you on the list, and have you not show up (bummer!) than not be on the list, and just drop in (and we didn't have food for you...)
So, I'll add you to the list, MXD, and hope that you can make it.

I hate to do it, but I'm going to have to pull out from the workshop. Just found out my Bullseye team is shooting in the Massachusetts State Championship on May 22nd, and I'm one of the top five shooters. I'd like to say I could stop by after the match (8:30 AM start) but I'm not sure how long we'll be in Taunton.

Sorry - I was really looking forward to it....

Congrats on getting into the Championship! Good luck and shoot straight....;- )

I hate to do it, but I'm going to have to pull out from the workshop. Just found out my Bullseye team is shooting in the Massachusetts State Championship on May 22nd, and I'm one of the top five shooters. I'd like to say I could stop by after the match (8:30 AM start) but I'm not sure how long we'll be in Taunton.

Sorry - I was really looking forward to it....

Weedwhacker has had to drop out of the workshop, and was the person who was going to bring paper plates, napkins, and condo mints.

Is there any one else who can attend to that detail???? Pretty please?

rockin! now i need to find some lead.

i don't know if i'm going to start shooting cast or not, but i think this would be an awesome day. i'm sure i'll end up getting in to it eventually. i think i'm going to have a blast.

would this be the same as casting for round balls? just different alloy? i would love to be able to cast them and not have to deal with 12 bucks a box for hornady

Yes, same process. Except, as you already have surmised, the round balls should be cast with pure lead (range lead is a great source!). I have a 56 caliber round ball mold that I will bring.

I sent you a PM reply to your PM. We look forward to seeing you on the 22nd.

If we could get 100 people to attend, it would be a good time, no limit on attendance. We just would like to be able to have enough food on hand to handle the crowd. So, everyone spread the word, the 22nd is approaching fast.

i don't know if i'm going to start shooting cast or not, but i think this would be an awesome day. i'm sure i'll end up getting in to it eventually. i think i'm going to have a blast.

would this be the same as casting for round balls? just different alloy? i would love to be able to cast them and not have to deal with 12 bucks a box for hornady

Different alloy depending on how fast you are pushing it..... We will cover all this during the workshop but for lead I would get wheel weights if possible...... That will give you the ability to shoot almost anything you cast..... What bullets are you looking to cast?

Hi Michael,
Sorry, misread your post...... Duke has it right.... If you are casting RB you should do it with soft lead..... WW (and associated alloys) is best saved for when you cast boolits....;- )

Back
Top Bottom