Danner Boot Refinishing

ENGLAND

NES Member
Hopefully this isnt a dup...

Just got two pair back from the Danner refinishers, thought I would pass on my experience and some before/afters:
Broke in boots- felt more comfortable than house slippers
Wore through the goretex liners
Wore down sole to no lugs/nubs
Couple eyelets were broken
Sent out boots back to Danner
Got new boots back essentially new
Awesome customer service!
Happy customer.
Broke in leather boots with new soles: amazing.
The end.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 154
How are there ironsoft work boots? I need a new pair for work. Been using red wings for a long time.
The soles never wear....just the upper leather. I get a good three years of serious abuse from the red wings.

Makes me miss Breakroom.Com. I got a pair of boots a few years ago for a killer deal there (pretty much all their deals were) that are finally starting to fall apart inside causing them to get stuck on my foot when I try to take them off. One of Danner's 'lesser included' brands, LaCrosse or something. Beat the dogshit out of these boots and they lasted about three years, wish I could get a good deal on a new pair.

Hopefully this isnt a dup...

Just got two pair back from the Danner refinishers, thought I would pass on my experience and some before/afters:
Broke in boots- felt more comfortable than house slippers
Wore through the goretex liners
Wore down sole to no lugs/nubs
Couple eyelets were broken
Sent out boots back to Danner
Got new boots back essentially new
Awesome customer service!
Happy customer.
Broke in leather boots with new soles: amazing.
The end.

How much did the overall cost?

Seems everything worth saying has already been said- quite discouraging when wanting to post something....

Anyway, cost to get them reworked was $170 a pair, about half the cost of a new pair. Worth every penny and supporting 'merica!

Makes me miss Breakroom.Com.

I still have every Danner and Lacrosse product I bought from Breakroom.com and they're all still kicking ass. A pair of Danner hiking boots my ex bought me on Christmas 2006 are still solid, plenty of sole left and completely waterproof. I couldn't even tell you how many miles I've put on those boots in a decade... Hundreds maybe? Amazing quality products.

Some of the deals Breakroom had were unbelievable. The last thing I bought before they closed up was a pair of 2k gram thinsulate Lacrosse waterfowl waders for $189. They are worth probably twice that.

Seems everything worth saying has already been said- quite discouraging when wanting to post something....

Anyway, cost to get them reworked was $170 a pair, about half the cost of a new pair. Worth every penny and supporting 'merica!

I like to support when it works out....im a redwing fan myself but like so many companies even they have depleted the number of products actually made here. My winter boots are going on 13 years and I get 3 solid years out of the 1206 model work boot in very rough oily conditions.....I have yet to wear out a sole...
Might give danner a try this go around for work boots

Back
Top Bottom