Another Boot thread.

I'm wearing those now.
Very comfy out of the box. No break in.

My only bitch is that one them gave up the lining a month ago. I pulled my foot out and the inside came with it.

I pushed it back in and flat. Its fine. But feels like the heel wants to pull it back out when I take it off.

And they aren't great in low temps (10 and under.) Unless your running around. Cold feet were common this winter.

That said. I will order another pair.

Can't help you any on this but when you make your decision, I'd be interested in your choice. Hopefully you'll come back and post it.

I'll prob get those then. I was really happy with my Bates lightweight boots but I want the waterproof. Do the sizes run normal?

Have you checked Ocean State Job Lot. They still have some of the boots they advertised last year. Unsure if any are black however. A phone call to the store near you should give you that answer (color).

Also check Amazon for pricing on whatever you find.

Usually the ones at ocean state are more military style. None look to great to be standing on my feet slot
Have you checked Ocean State Job Lot. They still have some of the boots they advertised last year. Unsure if any are black however. A phone call to the store near you should give you that answer (color).

Also check Amazon for pricing on whatever you find.

So need some new boots for work. I'm a firefighter. So they need to be black. Light. Our dept requires composite toe. And I'd like water proof. My last ones weren't and want to go that route. So far the best I can find are these. Oh yea and side zip

http://m.lapolicegear.com/511-atac8-shield-boot.html

If youre looking for good stiff ankle supports, Id suggest shying away from side zips. I get the speed factor for donning and doffing due to your job, but there are other ways to quickly lace up your boots and get better support.

Remember, you can turn a good pair of boots like the Asolo 535 (my footwear of choice) into black ones with some leather dye.
Xtry (5.11) and pfcjoker(Danner) have offerred up excellent choices.

I have had side zips for years and never had a problem. I prefer them for my job. Especially covering structural and aircraft side with take a faster response. A guy at work I found out has those 5.11s and loves them

If youre looking for good stiff ankle supports, Id suggest shying away from side zips. I get the speed factor for donning and doffing due to your job, but there are other ways to quickly lace up your boots and get better support.

Remember, you can turn a good pair of boots like the Asolo 535 (my footwear of choice) into black ones with some leather dye.
Xtry (5.11) and pfcjoker(Danner) have offerred up excellent choices.

Those danners look cool just having hard time that much $. Haha. I don't even wana spend that 150 on the 5.11. Haha but I use the hell out my boots

If you're in a rush this won't work for you but if you have some time you can find some great deals. Lacrosse and Danner boots at greatly reduced prices usually 50% off or better. After you sign up they email you probably once a month. You need to jump on quick once you get the email because they sell out quickly. Bought the wife some great Danner boots for $40 and just picked up a pair for myself for $60 that retailed at $120.

https://www.hitthebreakroom.com/

Danner offers first responder discount, has the best customer service this side of ruger, and will be worn by your grandkids (yea, I might be a fan)

I have had side zips for years and never had a problem. I prefer them for my job. Especially covering structural and aircraft side with take a faster response. A guy at work I found out has those 5.11s and loves them

Side zips. The easy way out. I see side zips, and the first word that pops into my head? Lazy. Im sure Im wrong, but thats what I see lol.

Well got my new boots in. I like them. Pretty comfortable. Still news to break in a little but I think I will really like them. I wore these other Bates lightweight composite toes one for a two years. I loved them. Just wish they were water proof but these ones I wore the hell out of and would def recommend them again. Very light

Back
Top Bottom